CocaCola 600 Pre-Race Thread

Do not look at the weather forecast and think it's a wash for this weekend. It's a bizarre, tropical storm-esque system and there's a TON of variables. These kind of storms are extremely challenging for the weather models to pick up on, especially with this one being the first of the year and developing wayyyy earlier than normal. The trend has been that the storm clears out by Sunday mid-afternoon. Even if it does not clear out, dry air will be destroying it by the time it's in NC and things will, at worst, be rain showers. Of course, any kind of Google search for weather for the track probably won't reflect this until Saturday. If it's going to rain sometime between Saturday AM and Monday AM, even for just an uncertain 24 hour period, it's going to forecast rain chance that entire timeframe.

I think Xfinity on Saturday could be a challenge. Rain will be coming in during that timeframe. There is a chance we time it so that rain comes in after X and leaves before Cup, but that's not likely given the current models especially if the trend of the storm moving up continues.

Gonna play heck with Spectrum's crummy DVR programming. Oh, well, if that's the worst thing to happen this Memorial Day, we're all none the worse off.

Even though the forecast for Concord has changed drastically in the past couple of days, I will still be ready to watch the race if they can get it in. At least the Indy weather looks great for Sundays Indy 500 race.

Expensive ticket that is over $112 today
I was getting $5 to $7 dollars per year yard I cut at the time. I used a push mower that a neighbor gave to my dad. He repaired it and I was in buisness.

Me and a buddy cut a trailer park once during those days for about $75 or $ 100, I an unsure of the exact amount. We cut about 25 units with our two push mowers and that was rough. I never did that again until I got some commercial equipment.

I only hauled the old square Hey Bails one time and learned my lesson at well. That was some of the hardest work I have ever did. The man pulling the trailer for the Hey was mericiless and wouldn't slow down, it was tough keeping up.

As I expected...rain chance Sunday is decreasing. NOAA has the track area in the 50-60% chance of rain starting at 5pm Sunday and decreasing as the night goes on. What's encouraging is that all the short-range models have the storm transitioning out much fast than the long-range models. Still time for things to change and nothing is certain yet... nothing will be certain til tomorrow at best.

Race weather agrees https://raceweather.net/

I feel bad for the fans and the track. This system brings out one of the biggest issues in weather forecasting today which is that "uncertainty" in a system is never relayed to the public (at least, not in a point-n-click forecast like the ones I'm sure you all use unless you look at the models/discussion). 48 hours out from the 600 and Average Joe is almost certainly cancelling his hotel/tickets thinking it will be a wash as has been forecasted since Wednesday when the reality is still very much unknown.

As I expected...rain chance Sunday is decreasing. NOAA has the track area in the 50-60% chance of rain starting at 5pm Sunday and decreasing as the night goes on. What's encouraging is that all the short-range models have the storm transitioning out much fast than the long-range models. Still time for things to change and nothing is certain yet... nothing will be certain til tomorrow at best.

Race weather agrees https://raceweather.net/

I feel bad for the fans and the track. This system brings out one of the biggest issues in weather forecasting today which is that "uncertainty" in a system is never relayed to the public (at least, not in a point-n-click forecast like the ones I'm sure you all use unless you look at the models/discussion). 48 hours out from the 600 and Average Joe is almost certainly cancelling his hotel/tickets thinking it will be a wash as has been forecasted since Wednesday when the reality is still very much unknown.
I really hope you’re right!!! Weather Channel is still terrible for Concord. Hopefully the rain is early and they just have to delay an hour or two.

Attachments

• IMG_3995.png
    IMG_3995.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3994.png
    IMG_3994.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 50
They need to start building the banked tacks with some smooth no sharp edges expanded metal, that will allow the rain to fall through the cracks.
Screenshot_20230526_185042_Gallery.jpg

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR announced Thursday that the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 27, will now start at noon ET – advancing one hour from the original 1 p.m. ET start time – due to the forecasted inclement weather. The broadcast networks for the Alsco Uniforms 300 remain unchanged – FS1, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

Hate to be "that guy" but as far as "rightsizing" the grandstands in the 2010-2020 era, no other track ripped out more than Charlotte. Still good for them, absolutely.
Michigan is right there with it and they can still only half fill that place. 70k is a great crowd in these times.

Raceweather still saying 70% chance of racing on Sunday. I'd have to agree. It will stop raining sometime between 3pm and 9pm Sunday. If it stops later in that window and then another shower after that it's going to be a Monday affair... but hopefully that doesn't happen!

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR announced Thursday that the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 27, will now start at noon ET – advancing one hour from the original 1 p.m. ET start time – due to the forecasted inclement weather. The broadcast networks for the Alsco Uniforms 300 remain unchanged – FS1, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

Light rain starting fall and cars are being covered

It looks like my "stay home and watch the race, or go to the lake to hang with friends" dilemma for Sunday has solved itself. Guess I'll watch on Monday if they somehow get the race in Sunday night

Not really good when the lift gate moves on its own.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Cup race will get canceled too. What time will they run that? Bout to sale my tickets now . I have 3

Weather has been a big pile of suck here at the coast.

Began raining yesterday morning, been nonstop until about an hour ago. Now super windy but the big rain coming.

Cup race will get canceled too. What time will they run that? Bout to sale my tickets now . I have 3

Dang, it was sounding like there was likely to be a window for tomorrow evening but now the forecast ain't looking so good again. Very fluid for sure

I'm in Myrtle Beach and the storm is starting to end here, spotty showers now. This is important because the movement of rain has been basically Northwest which is the direction from here to Charlotte so by 3 or so unless it builds back up which I dont think it will with the dry air coming in we should be good. Might get a delay during the race from a passing shower but I expect us to run tonight, Indy 500 isnt gonna happen in my opinion

Wondering why NASCAR didn't move the start up on this one like the Xfinity? You'd figure more urgency to get it in given it's at night already, can't delay too much.

This race aint happening

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We expecting rain for both the Indy 500 and World 600??

Why do you say this? Weather looks perfect for Indy

Lmao. The usual from spotter. It *might* spritz today at Indy. At the most. Slightly correct in that the forecast for Indy has gotten "worse" than originally predicted.

Back
Top Bottom