CocaCola 600 Pre-Race Thread

I'm in Myrtle Beach and the storm is starting to end here, spotty showers now. This is important because the movement of rain has been basically Northwest which is the direction from here to Charlotte so by 3 or so unless it builds back up which I dont think it will with the dry air coming in we should be good. Might get a delay during the race from a passing shower but I expect us to run tonight, Indy 500 isnt gonna happen in my opinion
I’m in Iredell County and it’s not raining as of now. Wi day and overcast, but no rain. My concrete driveway is still damp. I’m like 40 miles-ish from track

The low pressure is racing up the coast as predicted by the short range models. They have the rain ending in mid-afternoon. It's the long range models that had the rain continuing to midnight. Most point n click sites just go off the long-term models for everything outside of just a few hours.

I have a nephew's birthday party on Indy 500 Sunday (Coke 600 Sunday). Second year in a row this has happened. Not happy at all. There are a few Sunday's that a sacred to me each year: Daytona 500 Sunday, WrestleMania Sunday, Memorial Day Weekend Sunday, and Southern 500 Sunday.
No way to watch the races at his house?

Disappointed, extra long weekend and was really looking forward to this race tonight

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm staying positive, I think we get all the races in today!

About to have a dozen people packed into my one bedroom apartment. Cheers everyone! Yes that's a beer pong table, I like to pretend I'm still 21 sometimes lol :cheers:

20230528-104711-HDR.jpg

20230528-104818-HDR.jpg

About to have a dozen people packed into my one bedroom apartment. Cheers everyone! Yes that's a beer pong table, I like to pretend I'm still 21 sometimes lol :cheers:

20230528-104711-HDR.jpg

20230528-104818-HDR.jpg

That is beautiful 😍

Lmao. The usual from spotter. It *might* spritz today at Indy. At the most. Slightly correct in that the forecast for Indy has gotten "worse" than originally predicted.
Its no BS, I dont listen to forecasts I watch the radar and Indy had a good bit of rain heading towards it, it looks like it may be drying out before it gets there, time will tell.

Its no BS, I dont listen to forecasts I watch the radar and Indy had a good bit of rain heading towards it, it looks like it may be drying out before it gets there, time will tell.

Take it a step further and look at the forecast models and meteorological phenomenal that actually form the weather. 95-100% of what you see on the radar will dry out and this race will in no way be seriously impacted by rain today.

Just poured here, heard it’s raining at track. Crap. At least the bacon is sizzling on the Blackstone!

Take it a step further and look at the forecast models and meteorological phenomenal that actually form the weather. 95-100% of what you see on the radar will dry out and this race will in no way be seriously impacted by rain today.
I just said it may dry out, have another beer and take it easy

20230528-104711-HDR.jpg

20230528-104818-HDR.jpg
I'll join you. Percentage of rain decreased just a tad.

We're racing today!

Just poured here, heard it’s raining at track. Crap. At least the bacon is sizzling on the Blackstone!
You are at the race today? Dr_B...UNC. I suppose I never put 2&2 together that you're in North Carolina XD

Hope it stays clear! If it is post poned, will you make it tomorrow?

According to weather.com the chance of rain increase around 5-6pm while Accuweather is slightly more encouraging for that same timeframe. The big issue of course is with cold overcast day track drying will take longer. Pockrass estmates ~2 hours to dry the track which means they'd need at least a 4-hour window to get to halfway. That doesn't seem likely according to any of the forecasts but who knows, weather can change quickly.

I just looked at the radar at Weather.com. It looks like things clear up, with the exception of a tiny tiny cell around 5pm

However, when looking at the future radar prediction, that small cell seems to grow, and that tiny cell growing is where the evening forecast is coming from. Let's hope it stays small.

IF they do end up postponing until tomorrow it sounds like that decision won't be made til later since there's a potential window this evening

You are at the race today? Dr_B...UNC. I suppose I never put 2&2 together that you're in North Carolina XD

Hope it stays clear! If it is post poned, will you make it tomorrow?

Nah, I’m home. It’s pouring here. I live like 45 minutes from track

I need to see a race today. This Indy 500 is horse****. Single file. The cars suck. No lights. No crowd....wait...and in order for Chevy to lose, I have to root for Honda?! WTF.

Back
Top Bottom