Cole Custer

Hard to say on Cole. He showed a lot last season in the Xfinity series but the lack of practice this season isn't helping

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hard to say on Cole. He showed a lot last season in the Xfinity series but the lack of practice this season isn't helping

Bruh lolwut? Reddick and JHN are in the same boat...

Absolutely. And Suarez gets a garbage ride in return. No justice in this world.
Hold on a sec let's not forget that Suarez didn't get any of his rides in nascar because of talent. It was because he brought money to the table. When that money dried up, so did the opportunities.

Hes a good guy but those are the facts.

Hold on a sec let's not forget that Suarez didn't get any of his rides in nascar because of talent. It was because he brought money to the table. When that money dried up, so did the opportunities.

Hes a good guy but those are the facts.

Lolwut? He won an Xfinity championship and was just outside the playoffs last year. Custer also has a silver spoon in his mouth.

I like Custer but those are the facts.

Lolwut? He won an Xfinity championship and was just outside the playoffs last year. Custer also has a silver spoon in his mouth.

I like Custer but those are the facts.
I'm not defending Custer. I'm just saying that Suarez was only here because of money. You think JGR would have even looked at him had he not of brought money?

He had a few years of Cup in top level equipment and did not perform. Also I'm sorry but winning a Xfinity championship in JGR equipment back then, or even now isn't really a true show of talent. That equipment is class of the field.

I'm not defending Custer. I'm just saying that Suarez was only here because of money. You think JGR would have even looked at him had he not of brought money?

He had a few years of Cup in top level equipment and did not perform. Also I'm sorry but winning a Xfinity championship in JGR equipment back then, or even now isn't really a true show of talent. That equipment is class of the field.

He performed better than Custer and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

He performed better than Custer and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Well not really this is a business, so money means more than performance. If that were the case Matt would still be in the 20 car.

Well not really this is a business, so money means more than performance. If that were the case Matt would still be in the 20 car.

I thought he got the boot because he was asking for a nice, veteran-sized contract extension and Preacher pinched his pennies. It ain't like that Jones boy is a sponsor magnet.

He’s been a downgrade from Suarez at this point.
I agree at this point he is a downgrade. I feel like Suarez had more than enough time and opportunity to make it work in this ride. His performance just didn't seem like one that an owner would want to make as a long term investment. When you move on, you might improve or might not, but it is worth the chance.

Custer's been slow to adjust.

It took him time to adjust in trucks, it took him time in Xfinity to adjust. We won't see the best out of him for maybe another year or so and of course they are going to work with Cole, so I think near the end of the season he will start to click more than he is right now.

The advantages of playing with house money.

There have been enough false and misleading posts here and elsewhere about Daniel Suarez and "his money" to make your head spin..:dual9mm:A lot of it comes from racism and xenophobia, and the rest from willful ignorance. Suarez has never been anywhere near a silver spoon. He started with nothing and advanced by demonstrating talent and potential and determination. His journey is a compelling boot strap story. He doesn't deserve most of the BS posted about him.

There have been enough false and misleading posts here and elsewhere about Daniel Suarez and "his money" to make your head spin..:dual9mm:A lot of it comes from racism and xenophobia, and the rest from willful ignorance. Suarez has never been anywhere near a silver spoon. He started with nothing and advanced by demonstrating talent and potential and determination. His journey is a compelling boot strap story. He doesn't deserve most of the BS posted about him.

TIL talking about Suarez's backers is racism.

Lol I've been his biggest defender in this thread but that's just crap.

I'm not gonna lie, I've been surprised by Custer's early season struggles. Daniel Suarez performed decent at that ride last year. I think it's still too early to drop the towel on him, however.

Suarez had two years of cup experience under his belt though. It takes time to adjust to these cars.

I'm not gonna lie, I've been surprised by Custer's early season struggles. Daniel Suarez performed decent at that ride last year. I think it's still too early to drop the towel on him, however.

Suarez had two years of cup experience under his belt though. It takes time to adjust to these cars.

Suarez was better as a rookie though.

I'd definitely give Custer another year, but 26th in points in a SHR car is simply not acceptable.

Custer has half a season of cup experience.

He also ran better in Xfinity than Suarez. Jury isn't out on Custer yet, although not looking great.

If Logano taught us anything, it's patience. These young drivers are coming into cup at a young age against what was BY FAR the most talented pool of cup drivers. It ain't what it was 10 years ago, but it's still better than it's ever been before that.

I wrote Logano off as a bust prior to Penske. Now, he's starting to look like an ATG. He's got a 50 win, multi time champ career ahead of him imo. I didn't think that 5 years into his cup career.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He got R-F's seal of approval (needs to go) so that usually means the opposite is going to happen.

He got R-F's seal of approval (needs to go) so that usually means the opposite is going to happen.
Lolol

The more this win sits with me, the more impressive it is. He passed 3 champions in the last two laps to win the damn thing. People write him off as an Austin Dillon, but Cole has shown the talent to win anywhere in Xfinity. I think he has a bright future at SHR.

I know it's a stupid game to make any sort of long term predictions in NASCAR, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cole wins a championship some day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Congratulations to Custer! That was an impressive win and he deserves this. I thought Suarez got a raw deal but he had the same equipment, more experience, more time and just didn't get it done plain and simple. I'm sure I've taken a few cheap shots at Custer on here in the past so now I need to step up and eat some crow lol.

All you need to know about the Rookie of the Year award is that Ryan Newman beat out Jimmie Johnson. No offense to Ryan, BUT.......... Winning the award is a nice feather in your cap, but is no indicator of future success or how you will stack up among your peers.

Cole made a great move to win at Kentucky. He’s obviously a super talent, as are the rookies in this year’s outstanding class. This is on NASCAR relative to how the points morph into the playoff standings. I’d prefer to see the entire season play out for the award, but he’s the ROTY so congrats and enjoy it General!

Cole's impressive win in his rookie season tells me that there is one more driver to be replaced at SHR and then another to fill Harrick's shoes when he pulls the plug.
I doubt the new car will have any effect on the drivers ability. Mind you some drivers need high downforce and others prefer talent over car so will see what the new car does for them.

Back
Top Bottom