College Football 2019

I’m not an Alabama fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m not sure how you rank Georgia ahead of them when they lost to South Carolina and Bama’s only loss was to the #1 team.

Committee likes to rearrange deck chairs when they can imo. They know even if they go Bama 4 and Georgia 5, it's same situation, Georgia would jump them if they win their remaining plus LSU. They're setting up to let Bama back in if Georgia fails, by not dropping them below Oregon. It's mostly just recency bias and Georgia's schedule looking tougher than Bama's. 100% healthy Tua Bama is a top 4 team. -Turtle's Take

I’m not an Alabama fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m not sure how you rank Georgia ahead of them when they lost to South Carolina and Bama’s only loss was to the #1 team.
The committee chair stated that they compared Georgia and Alabama directly and sided with Georgia based on the two Top 25 wins to Alabama's zero.

I'd take Alabama on a neutral field over Georgia still but it's good to see they're not being totally phony with their supposed value of SOS and SOR.

Can we just go to an 8 team playoff already? 8 teams feels about perfect at not watering down the regular season. 16 is too much.

5 P5 Champions
3 At-Large (Highest G5 gets this if undefeated / Notre Dame also qualifies if in top 8 of rankings)

NY7 rotation of Quarter/Semi-Finals/Finals: Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl (Semi), Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, National Championship Game.

Last edited:
Can we just go to an 8 team playoff already? 8 teams feels about perfect at not watering down the regular season. 16 is too much.

5 P5 Champions
3 At-Large (Highest G5 gets this if undefeated / Notre Dame also qualifies if in top 8 of rankings)

NY7 rotation of Quarter/Semi-Finals/Finals: Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl (Semi), Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, National Championship Game.

I say no to Notre Dame. I dont understand why there is a system that rewards a school that refuses to join a conference. i also dont understand what is so complicated about the college football post season, just about every other sport (other than nascar) seems to get it right.

It shouldnt be complicated, and maybe we're heading in the right direction, but what you posted above should work.

5 P5 Champions

I would be fine with this, but I still feel like 6 is the perfect number. This also rewards the top two teams with a bye, which I think they deserve if you're going to open up the playoff to additional teams. By the end of the year there are rarely, if ever, more than 5 or 6 teams still deserving a chance to be in the conversation for a national title, and I don't like anything that further diminishes the value of the regular season. 6 is logical and fair, 8 is borderline too many, 16 is wayyyyy too many.

I would be fine with this, but I still feel like 6 is the perfect number. This also rewards the top two teams with a bye, which I think they deserve if you're going to open up the playoff to additional teams. By the end of the year there are rarely, if ever, more than 5 or 6 teams still deserving a chance to be in the conversation for a national title, and I don't like anything that further diminishes the value of the regular season. 6 is logical and fair, 8 is borderline too many, 16 is wayyyyy too many.
Agreed, it seems like we are never discussing more than one or two ‘snubbed’ teams and even those one or two are often someone with a major flaw on their resume like having two losses or one huge loss like being housed by Purdue or something. 8 is about as far as I’d be willing to go and in the case it does expand to 6 or 8 I’d like to see first round games played on campus.

I actually don’t like the committee process and think a ranking system similar to the BCS which includes coaches and media having their ballots made public along with an objective computer component would be better. Not enough transparency with the committee at all.

Mac Jones should've started.

Gonna hurt Bama's chances even more if Tua is out for the season now.

Saban looked like he was ready to pull him up 35-7 too, got talked into leaving him out for 2 minute drill practice, crazy timing.

Not good. Other injuries are starting to stack up for them on D-line too. Best case it's like a jammed hip or something for Tua they can pop back into place, but now he's dealing with multiple injuries.

Committee is for sure watching all of this.

Agreed, it seems like we are never discussing more than one or two ‘snubbed’ teams and even those one or two are often someone with a major flaw on their resume like having two losses or one huge loss like being housed by Purdue or something. 8 is about as far as I’d be willing to go and in the case it does expand to 6 or 8 I’d like to see first round games played on campus.

I actually don’t like the committee process and think a ranking system similar to the BCS which includes coaches and media having their ballots made public along with an objective computer component would be better. Not enough transparency with the committee at all.

I think anything more than four is a mistake. The playoff has reduced the importance of the regular season a bit and reduced the parity of the sport as now it’s playoffs or bust. You make it 8 and literally no one will give a **** about the bowls or any teams outside of that top 8. Heck ND plays Navy in a ranked matchup and tickets are going for $20 on StubHub because the Irish can’t make it to a playoff game

Bama/MissSt game is cursed... injury after injury after injury.

PennSt is going to barely squeak by Indiana in their own stadium. Idk about them going forward. Their confidence seems not what it was before the Minnesota loss.

Saban looked like he was ready to pull him up 35-7 too, got talked into leaving him out for 2 minute drill practice, crazy timing.

Not good. Other injuries are starting to stack up for them on D-line too. Best case it's like a jammed hip or something for Tua they can pop back into place, but now he's dealing with multiple injuries.

Committee is for sure watching all of this.
Don’t know man. I get wanting to keep him warm, but if he was already injured why not let him rest for two weeks (or at least this week) in easily winnable games? Why have him dropping back up 35-7? It sucks.

PennSt is going to barely squeak by Indiana in their own stadium. Idk about them going forward. Their confidence seems not what it was before the Minnesota loss.
Indiana’s not bad but I’d be surprised if Penn State keep it close against Ohio State next week.

At least they close with Rutger. Lol

Don’t know man. I get wanting to keep him warm, but if he was already injured why not let him rest for two weeks (or at least this week) in easily winnable games? Why have him dropping back up 35-7? It sucks.

Yeah tough one if he's saying he's ready to go, I think they wanted to show he was healthy maybe? Saban should have stuck with his first instinct to pull him. 35-7 he for sure doesn't need to be in taking any hits. Coach override.

Indiana’s not bad but I’d be surprised if Penn State keep it close against Ohio State next week.

At least they close with Rutger. Lol

I'll be surprised too, they don't look like the same team to me, and Ohio State is ultra explosive. Indiana is pretty good actually.

Good start for Georgia so far, fortunate that fumble went out of bounds...

That Auburn atmosphere looks absolutely nuts.

Iowa up 13-0 on Minny already.

Kinnick Stadium is a house of horrors for highly-ranked teams.

Wow Georgia had this game put away. CB dropped wide open int.

Hate this illegal onside kick block penalty, such a buzzkill

Defense seals it for Georgia, my gawd that was closer than it should have been

I know he's a true freshman but holy crap Bo Nix is inaccurate.

Gus has got to be kicking himself for gifting that TD to Georgia at the end of the first half too.

Back
Top Bottom