College Football 2021

I really liked the first 2.75 years under Mullen, but the wheels came off late last year and he never recovered. There's just way too many issues, and it recently became clear that he just isn't the right guy for the job.

I really don't know who I want to replace him yet, but I'm leaning towards Billy Napier as my preferred choice.

Bad year to have to get rid of a coach but it had to be done. I don’t think there’s ever been a head coaching vacancy market this strong before - USC, LSU, Florida, possibly Miami, and I think Sark is okay at Texas for a second year but you never know for sure. A fan base or two is going to be disappointed.

Bad year to have to get rid of a coach but it had to be done. I don’t think there’s ever been a head coaching vacancy market this strong before - USC, LSU, Florida, possibly Miami, and I think Sark is okay at Texas for a second year but you never know for sure. A fan base or two is going to be disappointed.

I've decided, Napier is 100% the guy I want. He seems like a great fit for Florida.

I think the top 8 plus Oklahoma all have a semblance of a chance left given varying results. Oklahoma State could be very sneaky, second-best scoring defense in the country - Texas Tech hadn't score fewer than 21 in a game all season until OSU shut them out last weekend. Unfortunately it sounds as if this Saturday is the last time they'll play OU in Stillwater for a long time, should make for a hell of a nightcap in addition to Ohio State/Michigan though.

FE6xGKyXMAAJyv_

I’m confused. Is Texas & OU paying serious exit fees because they aren’t supposed to be joining the SEC until 2025.

I’m confused. Is Texas & OU paying serious exit fees because they aren’t supposed to be joining the SEC until 2025.
Yeah, prevailing theory seems to be 2023 they’ll be in the SEC since leaving early requires 18-month notice. Then the exit fee would likely be two years’ worth of league revenue. But ESPN will supposedly help pay it with the money that’s still left on the Longhorn Network deal and shut that down.

Michigan looks way more prepared and way more physical. And the Buckeyes look like they haven’t played a road game all year.

Back
Top Bottom