College football 2023

Still waiting for a P2 breakaway. Not sure how many teams. 20 in the SEC & 20 in the B1G?

Not happening anytime soon imo, although it sounds like the next step is power conferences are trying to wrestle away auto bids across all D1 championships.

Yeah, they’re always wrestling something away. Soon enough it will be Iowa vs Penn State in everything.

Not happening anytime soon imo, although it sounds like the next step is power conferences are trying to wrestle away auto bids across all D1 championships.

Go to the CSN BBS forum, they are looneys about P2 breakaways.

Disney secured the exclusive rights to the expanded 12-team CFP the next two seasons, plus an extension through the 2031-32 season. National championship game finally moving to ABC starting with the 2026 season after not being available OTA since 2009. They also have the ability to sublicense games but it’s not expected to be more than one or two to FOX, if at all.

Still TBD as to whether the format expands to 14 teams in 2026.

Disney secured the exclusive rights to the expanded 12-team CFP the next two seasons, plus an extension through the 2031-32 season. National championship game finally moving to ABC starting with the 2026 season after not being available OTA since 2009. They also have the ability to sublicense games but it’s not expected to be more than one or two to FOX, if at all.

Still TBD as to whether the format expands to 14 teams in 2026.

If they want to expand to it 14 teams why not do 16 and avoid giving the top two teams a bye week.

If they want to expand to it 14 teams why not do 16 and avoid giving the top two teams a bye week.
That’s pretty much exactly what they want to do. Reports were the SEC and Big Ten also proposed formats where their conference champions got the two byes each year no matter what, and formats with certain numbers of automatic bids (like three each for the SEC/B1G, two for the ACC/Big XII, etc.). I doubt that will be approved whenever it’s sorted out but I think they’re gonna give the top two seeds byes as a reward regardless. It probably just won’t be locked in to certain leagues.

That’s pretty much exactly what they want to do. Reports were the SEC and Big Ten also proposed formats where their conference champions got the two byes each year no matter what, and formats with certain numbers of automatic bids (like three each for the SEC/B1G, two for the ACC/Big XII, etc.). I doubt that will be approved whenever it’s sorted out but I think they’re gonna give the top two seeds byes as a reward regardless. It probably just won’t be locked in to certain leagues.
I assume it comes from the same place as "eliminate autobids form the basketball tournament" people

Back
Top Bottom