College football 2023

Don’t see what is that surprising about Nick retiring. Been rumored for weeks now
There hadn’t been much of anything substantial. Some stuff swirling around, sure. But even at his age I wasn’t gonna believe it until I saw it.

I am glad he didn’t pull the retirement tour bull**** Coach K did, and have that loom over the sport all season long.

Greatest in the sport’s history, no doubt. I don’t think we’ll see such a dynastic run ever again.

I am glad he didn’t pull the retirement tour bull**** Coach K did, and have that loom over the sport all season long.

Coach K's retirement tour was worth it for UNC beating Duke to knock them out of the tournament in his final game. Such a hilarious ending to that whole thing.

The rumor going around a lot of the message boards is that Ms. Terry was diagnosed with a neurological disease. Hopefully that isn’t the case. She’s always been a very active and visible member of the program and universally beloved, they deserve a long retirement together.

There hadn’t been much of anything substantial. Some stuff swirling around, sure. But even at his age I wasn’t gonna believe it until I saw it.

Greatest in the sport’s history, no doubt. I don’t think we’ll see such a dynastic run ever again.
Coach K's retirement tour was worth it for UNC beating Duke to knock them out of the tournament in his final game. Such a hilarious ending to that whole thing.
Probably the best Basketball Program in the last 30 years and no question the best Basketball coach ever in College basketball.

The Top 31 College Basketball Programs of the Last 31 Years (The Top Ten) » CBB Blog at Sports Reference » Blog Archive (sports-reference.com)

1. Duke Blue Devils (+21.29 SRS)

Record:
823-244 (.771)
Prominent Coaches: Mike Krzyzewski
Best NCAA Finish: Won NCAA Championship (1991, 1992, 2001, 2010)

They’re the school just about everyone loves to hate, college basketball’s answer to the Yankees or the Patriots, and just like those teams they’re constantly in your face with their relentless winning. It doesn’t even seem to matter who’s wearing the uniforms — when Coach K plugs different names into his lineup, it just provides a new set of stars for Dick Vitale to scream about. Over the past 30 years, no other D1 team has won more frequently, and in a more dominant fashion, than the Devils from Durham. And, frankly, it all comes down to Krzyzewski… I mean, sure, Vic Bubas had some good years in the 1960s, but the overwhelming majority of Duke’s success as a program has come under Coach K’s guidance. Year in and year out, he puts together a team that strongly contends for the national championship. If all the hate is a natural byproduct of that, then I hope my team is this reviled too someday.

This Alabama coaching search right now is fascinating. Saban himself said, at 3:55 PM, he still wasn’t sure which speech he was going to give to the team at the 4 PM meeting. So there was no real successor plan in place, and now the best choices like Lanning and Norvell have passed on the job. DeBoer is supposedly working on an extension as well. I think there’s some degree of the other top coaches not wanting to be the guy to follow THE guy, and Alabama is gonna have to keep on running down the list.

I think Alabama can feel what it's like to be normal for awhile.

Why? I mean I’m legit asking. Clemson did bad last season, and hasn't had a good record in a few.

More entertaining coach and better fit for Alabama, was a coach there as well. I wouldn’t call 10-3, 11-3, 9-4 to be “bad”.

More entertaining coach and better fit for Alabama, was a coach there as well. I wouldn’t call 10-3, 11-3, 9-4 to be “bad”.
In college, that’s kinda bad. Now it probably will be good enough to make the playoffs. But I think a winning coach is better than an entertaining one. But hey, I personally hope Alabama loses a lot of games. Nothing personal against you or anything haha

In college, that’s kinda bad. Now it probably will be good enough to make the playoffs. But I think a winning coach is better than an entertaining one. But hey, I personally hope Alabama loses a lot of games. Nothing personal against you or anything haha

9-3 or better is a good season. I’m not an Alabama fan. I hope they go 6-6 with Kalen DeBoer. I follow Utah, Boise State, BYU, Utah State, Colorado, Air Force, Colorado State, maybe Wyoming/New Mexico/NMSU/UTEP & FCS.

9-3 or better is a good season. I’m not an Alabama fan. I hope they go 6-6 with Kalen DeBoer. I follow Utah, Boise State, BYU, Utah State, Colorado, Air Force, Colorado State, maybe Wyoming/New Mexico/NMSU/UTEP & FCS.
Ahh. So that’s why you meh hah. Cause you don’t want them having a coach who just got to the Natty. That’s more understandable lol. I thought they was your team

Ahh. So that’s why you meh hah. Cause you don’t want them having a coach who just got to the Natty. That’s more understandable lol. I thought they was your team

No I don’t really like DeBoer. I liked Saban w/Alabama.

Dabo would be the perfect coach for Alabama to go 10-2 every year and still make the 12 team playoff.

No I don’t really like DeBoer. I liked Saban w/Alabama.

Dabo would be the perfect coach for Alabama to go 10-2 every year and still make the 12 team playoff.
I think they expect a good bit more than 10-2 teams. They will get rid of anyone that doesnt win national championships.

DeBoer is a fantastic Xs and Os guy and has done nothing but win wherever he’s gone as a HC. Will be very interesting to see how he adapts to having to recruit at such a high clip in the Southeast, where he’s never been and seemingly has no relationships. Recruiting in the SEC is a different animal. He’s done a fair amount of winning with the second-best roster on the field, but you can only do so much of that in that league. Ultimately I could see him with some growing pains but it’s hard to bet against him with a couple of years to adapt.

Why? I mean I’m legit asking. Clemson did bad last season, and hasn't had a good record in a few.
This three-year stretch would’ve been a massive success for Clemson before Dabo took over. He’s raised the standard there. Haven’t finished worse than 20th in the AP Poll over that stretch and ended with one of the longest win streaks in the country after the Gator Bowl win.

Still think he needs to adapt his offensive scheme and especially get with the times on NIL and the transfer portal.

I think they expect a good bit more than 10-2 teams. They will get rid of anyone that doesnt win national championships.
The expansion of both the CFP and SEC is going to shift expectations a bit. I think the older fans who went through the lean years, sanctions, etc. between Stallings and Saban know better as well. There’s just no way anyone will be able to replicate what he did there in succession. If he wins even just one it would be a success.

If the SEC ever adds a ninth conference game 10-2 will look even better as well. If he starts losing consistently to LSU, Tennessee, Auburn is when he’d be gone IMO.

Not for OSU. Losing 2 games this year is an abject failure for us.

This sport is pathetic with the B1G & SEC. Come back to me when Boise State, Utah, Cincinnati make a run again.

It does look like a Power 2 breakaway could be coming soon? I should probably find some sources

If Ohio State don’t win the title this year they are never gonna do it with Ryan Day imo.

I think Michigan is about to hire Wink Martindale as DC. I'm not sure how I feel about it
I remember he liked to blitz a lot with the Giants, but I’m not sure if that was because we were talent deficient or just his scheme.

Back
Top Bottom