College Hoops 2017 - 2018

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
Thought I'd start the thread. Football isn't quite over but hoops action is going strong.

How are your teams doing?

Vermont just lost our best player to a broken foot, indeed lime weve let some winnable games get away.

The Buckeyes have a pretty decent team this year, I'm impressed with what Holtmann has done so far in his first year. Sitting at 12-4 right now and still undefeated in the conference.

I tell you what, I know the game is far from over but this ohio state team impresses me a lot

I've been watching them, since before today, and I just love to watch them play.
They’ve had a hell of a run in conference play so far.

Mackey Arena is packed tonight.

Vermont survived a scare Thursday night vs Albany but pulled it together late to win our 30th consecutive America East regular season game. A streak that goes back 2 years. Believe we have won 15 straight and havent lost since December. 15th 20 win season in the last 17 years after having zero for the first 80 some years of existence.

Still hoping over the years we keep building until we can become the East Coasts Gonzaga.

The NATIONAL CHAMPION North Carolina Tar Heels beat Puke the other night and then beat State during the ARCA 24 Hours of Daytona. Good week to be a Heels fan.

Murray State is 25-5 (15-2 OVC) and with lastnights win and Jacksonville State beating Belmont, put the Racers in sole position of the Reg. Season Championship. If they win tomorrow they will be the #1 Conf Tourney seed, and at least a bid to the NIT. If they tie with Belmont, Belmont gets the #1 seed and the NIT bid in a tie breaker.

It's mostly been a good season, but really should never have lost a game, we lead in every single one and just let it slip away in the end. Auburn came to town and they only got away with a 4 point win.

Vermont choked one away against Hartford the other night to end our conference winning streak, but came back out the next time and smacked Binghamton around to lock up the regular season America East title and home court throughout the conference tournament

UVM takes down Stony Brook

Murray State was the first team to punch their ticket to the big dance with a 68-51 win over Belmont for the OVC Tournament.

16th trip to the NCAA and first since 2012 where they beat Colorado State.

Vermont plays Stony Brook in the America East semifinal tonight

Vermont takes down Stony Brook 70-51 to head to the 3rd straight America East championship game

Well that was certainly an upset today. But that's March for you.
bull**** bull**** bull****. The refs should be fired for overturning that out of bounds call with no conclusive evidence. UVM was robbed. Now a team that could of pulled an upset in the tournament isn't going and a team that's goijng to be a 16 seed and get blown out is. They need to change it so both regular season and post season champions make the tournament. Complete and utter bull****.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

bull**** bull**** bull****. The refs should be fired for overturning that out of bounds call with no conclusive evidence. UVM was robbed. Now a team that could of pulled an upset in the tournament isn't going and a team that's goijng to be a 16 seed and get blown out is. They need to change it so both regular season and post season champions make the tournament. Complete and utter bull****.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I have to wonder if the exposure and whatever money earned is worth it for the smaller conferences to risk having their top team upset in the conference tourney. I'd figure that over time the NCAA Tournament financial credits earned from regular season champions pulling off upsets would be worth more than having one of your middling regular season teams get hot for a few games and then lose in the Big Dance. The Ivy League had it right up until recently IMO, give your bid to the regular season champ, get a better seed and an easier opponent in the first round, better chance for an upset.

It's March Madness! To be honest, it's the only time I actually watch basketball. Being the championship is on the line, I feel like I have to support the local team. Go Wichita State!

Vermont gets a 6 seed in the NIT and plays Middle Tennessee State.

Screenshot_20180312-103910.png

This is why I'm bad at this multiple 10 seeds in the elite 8, don't know how I got them there but there they are.

Vermont got destroyed by Middle Tennessee we had the lead early but by halfway through the second half we were down over 30

Back
Top Bottom