Condos

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Ford 222, May 5, 2019.

1. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

So when NASCAR was on its huge upswing and tracks were being built/upgraded everywhere, there were condos being built at some and people were talking about what great investments they were going to be. I wonder if that’s been the case? Anyone in those markets and knowledgeable about real estate know or have an idea?

2. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

There are a couple condos for sale at CMS for like $250,000. That is above the average home price in Charlotte.

3. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Add another $100K to that and you could buy a condo near here.

4. Turtle84

Turtle84 Slow is Fast

Idk but I would like to gloss over their noise policy

5. BobbyFord

Triple pane winders.

Racer1930 and Turtle84 like this.
  6. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

I would imagine you cant make more noise than the race cars do, or you will have problems :D

Racer1930, BobbyFord and Turtle84 like this.
  7. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Wonder if that’s what they are getting? And what they sold for initially?

Were people buying to live in or entertain people during events?

8. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

9. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could. I've always thought it would be so awesome to rent one for a race weekend. Talk about a perfect seat for the Roval...

2 Sweet likes this.
  10. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

11. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Well, buy one and remodel it to your hearts content. :D

AndyMarquisLive and Snappy D like this.
  12. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Throw up some vintage 80's/90's glory days memorabilia and you've got perfection

2 Sweet, sdj and Snappy D like this.
  13. Snappy D

I think I’d leave most of it though for real, I would just add a few personal touches. I can’t top a random mirror in what looks to be the kitchen and living room area.

2 Sweet and sdj like this.
  14. Snappy D

You get me.

15. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

I cannot even imagine wanting to live in a place like that. But this is coming from someone who built his home back in the trees, far enough off the road that it cannot be seen without coming up the driveway. And then went out and built a cabin on another even more secluded property just in case I need to get away from it all :D .

16. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Have you guys seen my garage? I'll have that condo loaded up with old memorabilia in no time. Let's all go in together and split the cost :D

17. Racer1930

Racer1930 Team Owner

The wilderness is great - except for the bugs, skunks, etc

Joker and Switchback like this.
  18. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

I agree, I bought a condo on a lake in Florida 20+ years ago, second home thing, only 8 units in the complex, but, I found out that this type of housing was not for me at all. I have never in my life listened to the complaining by, supposedly adults, over nothing, in my life. I sold it after 2 years and bought a house on the lake. No more condos for me.

Now if you are a Large Corporation and bought one of the CMS, TMS or AMS condos for entertainment and customer appreciation events, then it makes perfect since.

19. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

I agree, that would be awesome for a race weekend.

20. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

90% of the privately owned condos in Florida are owned by snowbirds. It's a documented fact that most of them come down here thinking that they're privileged, don't tip, break in lines anywhere they go and constantly bitch about everything. Anybody that lives on or near any body of water down here is well aware of it. The good part is that there are some good ones also. A snowbird is classified by them being anywhere north of 37 N Latitude.

21. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Are these snowbirds that don’t tip from canada? I know when I lived in Hollywood from Nov to April it was filled with french speaking Canadians that didn’t tip and were pretty rude. You had to be careful when eating out as the restaurants would add 15-18% because they did not get the concept.

Ventisca, sdj and Johali like this.
  22. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

23. Johali

From all over up north.

24. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

If they speak French and are from Quebec Canada, nuff said. :cool:

Happiness in my part of Florida is a New Yorker headed home with a Canadian under each arm.

Joker, Mike Crayne, Ventisca and 3 others like this.
  25. gone

gone Team Owner

Used to be, you were termed a "northerner" if you lived north of the Mason-Dixon line.
    But recently a Floridian called me a "northerner" because I live in North Carolina...

Turtle84 likes this.
  26. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Lol!

27. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

90%? You make that up? Cause a large number of the owners in Sarasota are retired people. Course, that % goes up if you go to Venice. That's where everyone in Sarasota goes to retire. :)

28. Johali

Only if you live on top of one of the smokies. And not a Northener a snowbird. That's defined as someone escaping the cold weather to wear flip flops and shorts and try to appear as cool.
    Nope I didn't make that up. Snowbirds are casual visitors, frequent visitors and the ones that retire, move here and try to tell us what's wrong with the way we do things. Set us straight so to speak.

sdj likes this.
  29. BobbyFord

It was 65 yesterday. I was seriously considering escaping the cold weather.
    :blink:

sdj and Johali like this.
  30. Johali

Come on down bud. It's in the 80s here.

BobbyFord likes this.
  31. BobbyFord

I was gonna build a damn snowman.

Johali likes this.
  32. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

My response to these type folks is. If ya do not like it here move your unhappy ass back up north.

Whizzer and Johali like this.
  33. Johali

Yep.

Kiante, Whizzer and sdj like this.
  34. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

I did...too hot and I missed the seasons. East coast were usually snobs anyway. Dang sure didn’t want to raise a family in the Broward/ Dade area.

35. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Y'all are making me nostalgic for Florida here...

Johali likes this.
  36. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

You got that right! :booya:

37. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

I know what they are. My brother has lived on Siesta Key since 1988 in one of the condos you are writing about. 90% of the people in his building aren't snow birds. The majority of the owners are retired and live there year round.

38. Johali

As I explained, a snowbird, defined by us, isn't just a visitor but "retirees" that live here year round also. @Whizzer is a snowbird but one of the rare good ones. I stand by my statement.

Whizzer likes this.
  39. Whizzer

Whizzer Retired entrepreneur

:biggrin:

Johali likes this.
  40. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Johali likes this.