Condos

Ford 222

Team Owner
So when NASCAR was on its huge upswing and tracks were being built/upgraded everywhere, there were condos being built at some and people were talking about what great investments they were going to be. I wonder if that’s been the case? Anyone in those markets and knowledgeable about real estate know or have an idea?

So when NASCAR was on its huge upswing and tracks were being built/upgraded everywhere, there were condos being built at some and people were talking about what great investments they were going to be. I wonder if that’s been the case? Anyone in those markets and knowledgeable about real estate know or have an idea?

There are a couple condos for sale at CMS for like $250,000. That is above the average home price in Charlotte.

Idk but I would like to gloss over their noise policy

There are a couple condos for sale at CMS for like $250,000. That is above the average home price in Charlotte.
Wonder if that’s what they are getting? And what they sold for initially?

Were people buying to live in or entertain people during events?

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could. I've always thought it would be so awesome to rent one for a race weekend. Talk about a perfect seat for the Roval...

Well, buy one and remodel it to your hearts content. :D
I think I’d leave most of it though for real, I would just add a few personal touches. I can’t top a random mirror in what looks to be the kitchen and living room area.

I cannot even imagine wanting to live in a place like that. But this is coming from someone who built his home back in the trees, far enough off the road that it cannot be seen without coming up the driveway. And then went out and built a cabin on another even more secluded property just in case I need to get away from it all :D .

Throw up some vintage 80's/90's glory days memorabilia and you've got perfection

I think I’d leave most of it though for real, I would just add a few personal touches. I can’t top a random mirror in what looks to be the kitchen and living room area.

Have you guys seen my garage? I'll have that condo loaded up with old memorabilia in no time. Let's all go in together and split the cost :D

I cannot even imagine wanting to live in a place like that. But this is coming from someone who built his home back in the trees, far enough off the road that it cannot be seen without coming up the driveway. And then went out and built a cabin on another even more secluded property just in case I need to get away from it all :D .

The wilderness is great - except for the bugs, skunks, etc

I agree, I bought a condo on a lake in Florida 20+ years ago, second home thing, only 8 units in the complex, but, I found out that this type of housing was not for me at all. I have never in my life listened to the complaining by, supposedly adults, over nothing, in my life. I sold it after 2 years and bought a house on the lake. No more condos for me.

Now if you are a Large Corporation and bought one of the CMS, TMS or AMS condos for entertainment and customer appreciation events, then it makes perfect since.

I agree, I bought a condo on a lake in Florida 20+ years ago, second home thing, only 8 units in the complex, but, I found out that this type of housing was not for me at all. I have never in my life listened to the complaining by, supposedly adults, over nothing, in my life. I sold it after 2 years and bought a house on the lake. No more condos for me.

Now if you are a Large Corporation and bought one of the CMS, TMS or AMS condos for entertainment and customer appreciation events, then it makes perfect since.

I agree, that would be awesome for a race weekend.

90% of the privately owned condos in Florida are owned by snowbirds. It's a documented fact that most of them come down here thinking that they're privileged, don't tip, break in lines anywhere they go and constantly bitch about everything. Anybody that lives on or near any body of water down here is well aware of it. The good part is that there are some good ones also. A snowbird is classified by them being anywhere north of 37 N Latitude.

90% of the privately owned condos in Florida are owned by snowbirds. It's a documented fact that most of them come down here thinking that they're privileged, don't tip, break in lines anywhere they go and constantly bitch about everything. Anybody that lives on or near any body of water down here is well aware of it. The good part is that there are some good ones also. A snowbird is classified by them being anywhere north of 37 N Latitude.
Are these snowbirds that don’t tip from canada? I know when I lived in Hollywood from Nov to April it was filled with french speaking Canadians that didn’t tip and were pretty rude. You had to be careful when eating out as the restaurants would add 15-18% because they did not get the concept.

Are these snowbirds that don’t tip from canada? I know when I lived in Hollywood from Nov to April it was filled with french speaking Canadians that didn’t tip and were pretty rude. You had to be careful when eating out as the restaurants would add 15-18% because they did not get the concept.
From all over up north.

Used to be, you were termed a "northerner" if you lived north of the Mason-Dixon line.
But recently a Floridian called me a "northerner" because I live in North Carolina...

90%? You make that up? Cause a large number of the owners in Sarasota are retired people. Course, that % goes up if you go to Venice. That's where everyone in Sarasota goes to retire. :)

Used to be, you were termed a "northerner" if you lived north of the Mason-Dixon line.
But recently a Floridian called me a "northerner" because I live in North Carolina...
Only if you live on top of one of the smokies. And not a Northener a snowbird. That's defined as someone escaping the cold weather to wear flip flops and shorts and try to appear as cool.
90%? You make that up? Cause a large number of the owners in Sarasota are retired people. Course, that % goes up if you go to Venice. That's where everyone in Sarasota goes to retire. :)
Nope I didn't make that up. Snowbirds are casual visitors, frequent visitors and the ones that retire, move here and try to tell us what's wrong with the way we do things. Set us straight so to speak.

Reactions: sdj
Only if you live on top of one of the smokies. And not a Northener a snowbird. That's defined as someone escaping the cold weather to wear flip flops and shorts and try to appear as cool.

Nope I didn't make that up. Snowbirds are casual visitors, frequent visitors and the ones that retire, move here and try to tell us what's wrong with the way we do things. Set us straight so to speak.
It was 65 yesterday. I was seriously considering escaping the cold weather.
:blink:

I did...too hot and I missed the seasons. East coast were usually snobs anyway. Dang sure didn’t want to raise a family in the Broward/ Dade area.

Y'all are making me nostalgic for Florida here...

I know what they are. My brother has lived on Siesta Key since 1988 in one of the condos you are writing about. 90% of the people in his building aren't snow birds. The majority of the owners are retired and live there year round.

I know what they are. My brother has lived on Siesta Key since 1988 in one of the condos you are writing about. 90% of the people in his building aren't snow birds. The majority of the owners are retired and live there year round.
As I explained, a snowbird, defined by us, isn't just a visitor but "retirees" that live here year round also. @Whizzer is a snowbird but one of the rare good ones. I stand by my statement.

Back
Top Bottom