Congrats Dale Earnhardt Jr

If you're a Jr. fan then you probably already know about the Dale Jr. Download but if not here's a link to the latest edition.....

LINK

My man did it! He won the 500! I'm proud of him and proud to be a fan of his, as always. Junior is one of maybe two drivers that I will always support even if he never wins another race in his career.

BhaY_17CIAAeCVL.jpg:large

He & his team earned that win. They had a stout car all week but there is one thing that has always bugged me when Jr wins anything.
image.jpg

His win gets plastered on every. single. sports. article. Any other driver & it's nothing more than dust in the wind. We even talked about his win in class & how much it means for public relations. He's not that great of a driver. I know it's good for the sports & it raises awareness & blah blah blah. If Tony Stewart made an amazing come back victory or Kurt Busch got his first win since the meltdown, SI would have an openly gay sports player or NFL combine news on the front page. Hell his win overshadowed the Olympic closing ceremony. It's Dale Jr so he gets the cake.

Jr has seems to be thoroughly enjoying Twitter. He's already up to 510,000 followers. Danica has over a million but she's more of a global celebrity.

Can't you just be happy for Dale Jr and NASCAR then leave it at that? Why do you have such an urge to denigrate him? His win is a big deal and is excellent for NASCAR.
Jr is an excellent plate track racer & it's about time his talent at these giants showed again. Good to see him be so thrilled to win. Let's see where this momentum carries him now

This.....

@nascarcasm

Based on pre-season Twitter discussion, now that they're in the Chase, this is where Dale Jr. & LeTarte half-ass it for 27 weeks, right?

I recorded the in car audio from Jr's channel this past weekend. Listened to it all again yesterday during my commute. If you don't subscribe to this service but can afford to do so then you should. It really adds to the race experience.

He & his team earned that win. They had a stout car all week but there is one thing that has always bugged me when Jr wins anything.
View attachment 12503
His win gets plastered on every. single. sports. article. Any other driver & it's nothing more than dust in the wind. We even talked about his win in class & how much it means for public relations. He's not that great of a driver. I know it's good for the sports & it raises awareness & blah blah blah. If Tony Stewart made an amazing come back victory or Kurt Busch got his first win since the meltdown, SI would have an openly gay sports player or NFL combine news on the front page. Hell his win overshadowed the Olympic closing ceremony. It's Dale Jr so he gets the cake.
Now I get it...:cheers:

How many drivers have won multiple Daytona 500s with separate teams?

ChexOrWrex said:
How many drivers have won multiple Daytona 500s with separate teams?

Not sure but weren't there 8?

A couple were Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Cale Yarborough?

Back
Top Bottom