Congratulations JOEY LOGANO!!!!!

I don't see him stopping the NW series races.. guy likes to race and if they'll put him in a car, truck.. he's gona race

Eh, I disagree. Some guys are perfectly fine with racing in one series. I'm sure Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and many other dries love to race and they could obviously find someone willing to give them a ride in the Nationwide series.

He's still younger than most drivers were when they started driving stock cars. Has 3 wins in cup and 20 in NW, and 5+ years experience behind him.. I see no reason whatsoever to believe that he doesn't become one of the guys to beat for the next 20 years or more.

Even if he doesn't make a career similar to guys like Martin or Stewart, I think at the very least he can have one like Kenseth or Kurt Busch.. I can see him getting 1 or more championships and 30-40 wins... he's got a hell of a long time to do it and Penske said yesterday Joey will have a long career there a lot like Rusty Wallace did.

Don't worry Slice, 3 years ago people were giving me the same sheet when I said Kez would be a champion soon. Look how that turned out. Kyle, Carl, Harvick, Newman and a few others have PROVEN they aren't championship caliber.

C'mon FenderB, you're one of the few level headed guys here and I like you but really?

Ok, I'll give you Newman. Guy was a dud but the rest have proven and have won championships, albeit not where it counts but a championship is a championship in NASCAR.

Anyway what makes a driver a championship caliber driver? Its not solely the fact that driver has won championships is how they are always right there in the fight.

Comparing Brad to Logano is a bad example. Brad won races+his championship within his first 3 full seasons.

Joey is in his 5th full season and has 2 and a half wins while being as irrelevant as Joe Nemechek as long as fighting for the championship goes.

Joey's progressive standing position in full seasons..

2009- 20th
2010- 16th
2011- 24th
2012- 17th

Brad's Progressive AND succesful standing position in full seasons

2010- 25th
2011- 5th
2012- 1st
--

Didn't even bother putting in top tens and whatnot. That'd be a grand waste of time wouldn't you say?

I know it may seem as Joey hating but these are just the facts.

Ok after reading this whole thread I know figured FenderB is just trolling Slice. That Tony comment gave you away man. Your troll job needs polishing. lol

He's still younger than most drivers were when they started driving stock cars.

Huh? Most guys in Cup were driving stock cars on Saturday night when they were 15 or 16. Where do you get off making stuff up like this?

Ok after reading this whole thread I know figured FenderB is just trolling Slice. That Tony comment gave you away man. Your troll job needs polishing. lol

I just wanted to put some salt on the road rash one Joey fan seems to cause some of these guys. Those 4 are champ caliber, but the theory toward Joey seems to be 'he hasn't done it yet, so he wont'. He's still a kid, and is finally out from under whatever it was at JGR and spreading his wings. Some people seem to ignore how FAST he's been on most weekends despite:

1) Being in a new brand.
2) Being with a new organization.
3) Being with a new team.
4) New CC.
5) ROOKIE cup CC.

Damn, the kid is doing fantastic, IMO. Almost losing his cup ride because he was worried about getting along with the cup stars has lit a fire under him. When Logano begins having consistent success, he'll race all these regulars rough and with attitude.

Joey Logano will become a nascar superstar in the next 4 years. Just watch.

I just wanted to put some salt on the road rash one Joey fan seems to cause some of these guys. Those 4 are champ caliber, but the theory toward Joey seems to be 'he hasn't done it yet, so he wont'. He's still a kid, and is finally out from under whatever it was at JGR and spreading his wings. Some people seem to ignore how FAST he's been on most weekends despite:

1) Being in a new brand.
4) New CC.
5) ROOKIE cup CC.

Damn, the kid is doing fantastic, IMO. Almost losing his cup ride because he was worried about getting along with the cup stars has lit a fire under him. When Logano begins having consistent success, he'll race all these regulars rough and with attitude.

Yep, I think his nads finally dropped this year.

C'mon FenderB, you're one of the few level headed guys here and I like you but really?

Ok, I'll give you Newman. Guy was a dud but the rest have proven and have won championships, albeit not where it counts but a championship is a championship in NASCAR.

Anyway what makes a driver a championship caliber driver? Its not solely the fact that driver has won championships is how they are always right there in the fight.

Comparing Brad to Logano is a bad example. Brad won races+his championship within his first 3 full seasons.

Joey is in his 5th full season and has 2 and a half wins while being as irrelevant as Joe Nemechek as long as fighting for the championship goes.

Joey's progressive standing position in full seasons..

2009- 20th
2010- 16th
2011- 24th
2012- 17th

Brad's Progressive AND succesful standing position in full seasons

2010- 25th
2011- 5th
2012- 1st
--

Didn't even bother putting in top tens and whatnot. That'd be a grand waste of time wouldn't you say?

I know it may seem as Joey hating but these are just the facts.
Okay, nowadays what it takes to win a championship.. is making the chase with a few wins and consistency, and a solid consistent chase with a couple wins. Joey hasn't exactly won his share of races yet but hes been there more this year than ever before, they're incomparable. You take a look at the fact that Joey has the 5th highest top 10 count in the series and has 10 top 10's and a win in the last 13 races. That shows 2 things, consistency, and the ability to be fast and win races. The only reason he even had bad finishes was because of tire issues too so whos to say he wouldn't be riding a string of 12 straight top 10's if not for those issues.. they make the chase and show the same consistency, and there is absolutely no reason not to look at them as a threat for the championship. I know you guys feel the need to just look at the stats from the past few years but this si not the same Joey Logano you've seen the past few years. I think he's shown that.. clearly its not enough yet but your opinion really doesn't change the fact that hes learnin how to race with the big boys and it wont be long before he starts beating them a lot more consistently.

ROFL......You're sh!ttin us right?:D

He's been solid from the time I've been back so I cant comment on his past rough and tumble with you guys.

Okay, nowadays what it takes to win a championship.. is making the chase with a few wins and consistency, and a solid consistent chase with a couple wins. Joey hasn't exactly won his share of races yet but hes been there more this year than ever before, they're incomparable. You take a look at the fact that Joey has the 5th highest top 10 count in the series and has 10 top 10's and a win in the last 13 races. That shows 2 things, consistency, and the ability to be fast and win races. The only reason he even had bad finishes was because of tire issues too so whos to say he wouldn't be riding a string of 12 straight top 10's if not for those issues.. they make the chase and show the same consistency, and there is absolutely no reason not to look at them as a threat for the championship. I know you guys feel the need to just look at the stats from the past few years but this si not the same Joey Logano you've seen the past few years. I think he's shown that.. clearly its not enough yet but your opinion really doesn't change the fact that hes learnin how to race with the big boys and it wont be long before he starts beating them a lot more consistently.

Alright, Slicy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We should see where he is in a few years from now.

But my opinion is that if it has taken this long for him to finally get it going, I just dont see what another few years will do. But he is only 23 so he has time.

SlicedBread22: well done. i'm not going to read through this thread to see if you responded to the inevitable backlash your initial post was sure to generate. Ideally, you would make no response, but I doubt that's likely, considering your posting history. on the other hand, I can't say I wouldn't have had to make several "I TOLD YOU SO!" posts if I had made the same bold prediction you did. I know I certainly pride myself as the best trash talker/master baiter in my fantasy football leagues.

I repeat: well done. and a toast to you and joey.... are either of you old enough to drink?!?!?!:biggrin:

Carl, Kyle, Harvick, Hammy.....all those guys have had many, many years in top cars and haven't gotten it done. I bet Logano beats 3 out of 4 of those guys to a championship.

Harvick may never be a champ, but I dont think RCR equipment has been capable in the post Earnhardt era.
He doesnt make a lot of mistakes on the track, with a little more speed I think the potential is there.

Joey drives a Ford, lets not get to silly with the title talk.

I am really happy for Joey, but when I saw him win I braced myself for the 1000 threads you would start about it.

Congrats to him though, I would love to see make the chase!

if it has taken this long for him to finally get it going, I just dont see what another few years will do.
So what ur saying is you don't believe drivers can get better with experience? lol remember those first few years were when he was 18-21 years old... don't get me wrong I appreciate what ur saying, but I think that's most peoples issues with him.. but like I said they're incomparable.. its a completely different situation now than it was then.. although I know people will continue to judge based on that.. Im fine with it, doesn't bring me down. I say what I have to say and so does everyone else.

So what ur saying is you don't believe drivers can get better with experience? lol remember those first few years were when he was 18-21 years old... don't get me wrong I appreciate what ur saying, but I think that's most peoples issues with him.. but like I said they're incomparable.. its a completely different situation now than it was then.. although I know people will continue to judge based on that.. Im fine with it, doesn't bring me down. I say what I have to say and so does everyone else.

No, what I'm saying is the threshold for a driver to be fully prepared in the highest level of an sport would essentially be around 3 years, maybe 4.

One does not stop getting experience. Even for an old timer, everytime he goes out there he learns something, big or small so that's not really the issue.

You're either one of the greats or you're not. You cant manufacture greatness.

That's silly. One 'Joey' thread and one congrats on a win in a week is hardly over doing it.

It seems that this annoys the fans of some drivers that aren't doing so well...or are on their way out. The garage needs new blood, and Logano is maturing into quite a competitor. He just may dominate the sport for decades to come. When he reaches his man weight, NOBODY in the garage will lay hands on him again. Honestly, Tony almost got his ass kicked by Joey when Stewart tried to be a Fontana tough guy.

LOL, he is 23 already. If he hasn't hit his "man weight" now he never will. I wonder what proof you have that "Tony almost got his ass kicked by Joey", or was that just opinion?

3 very long races to go and the guy isn't even in a wild card position. Everybody knows who the beatles are right? Well when they came out, my older sister played the Beatles all night and all day long, before school, after school..good group, famous group..I never bought a Beatles album, but I watched my ate up sister and listened to the flukin Beatles because I didn't have a choice. Not going to make any difference, but Breadcrumbs you are probably doing more harm than good.

1) Being in a new brand.
4) New CC.
5) ROOKIE cup CC.

I understand Fender. Brad has been rubbing your wrong lately so you need to pick up a new driver to build a shrine to. ;)

No, what I'm saying is the threshold for a driver to be fully prepared in the highest level of an sport would essentially be around 3 years, maybe 4.

One does not stop getting experience. Even for an old timer, everytime he goes out there he learns something, big or small so that's not really the issue.

You're either one of the greats or you're not. You cant manufacture greatness.
Okay but most drivers didn't start when they were 18... u know? I think it just took him a bit longer than most... kids are impressionable and all that hallaballoo lol

Back
Top Bottom