Congratulations, Matt!

Hats off to Matt and JGR. They would have probably had a 1,2,3 finish if Kyle hadn't cut his tire. That was an amazing way to fight back after what they have went through for the past couple of weeks.

ANYBODY but Kyle!!! Good run. Congrats to Wally Brown with the Darian Grubb style win

Matt's killing it with JGR this year. He's racking up those bonus points for the Chase quickly.

Clearly the 20 team has found something that the other teams haven't yet, so congrats on that. Once the other teams do...Matt will fall back into line where he always has been and belongs.

Clearly the 20 team has found something that the other teams haven't yet, so congrats on that. Once the other teams do...Matt will fall back into line where he always has been and belongs.
FWIW, with tonight's win, Matt moves past Kyle Busch for fifth in wins for active drivers. What a bum :rolleyes:
You should secure a ride and show 'em how it's done :D

I personally feel like Matt is motivated and its clear to me that Gibbs is the class team this year.. whereas Roush is struggling outside of Carl. Kenseth got an upgrade in equipment clearly. Not saying he'll win the title but I don't think past trends will mean much.

Don't be silly now.

A thorn in Chevy's side for years and now this.
Not surprised.

Once again the Best driver in Nascar got cheated out of a deserved victory. Good luck with inspection Mr Personality .I guess you can have a "Command Center " off site and still be in control. Boring race too. Glad I painted while the race was on. I watchedmy paint dry.

Once again the Best driver in Nascar got cheated out of a deserved victory. Good luck with inspection Mr Personality .I guess you can have a "Command Center " off site and still be in control. Boring race too. Glad I painted while the race was on. I watchedmy paint dry.

you mad?

Wow,you know me pretty well don't you? Assuming I'm mad . Do me a favor and don't assume Anything about me and leave it at that.Thank you for your time.Now go enjoy Mothers day.

Matt is the man right now like it or not. All the others are trying to play catch up to him and his team. Congrats to the 20 team.

P.S. I will enjoy mothers day as we all should.:D

I wonder how Joey feels right about now:D
Probably just about as stupid as Jack Roush does right now :)

Anybody else notice Kasey getting a little whiney? After a lap that he slide jobbed Kyle big time to try and get out front he says in an interview after "If he would have just entered the corner like normal, like he had done the whole race, there would have been no issues and I would have been leading off 2. He just didn’t want that to happen, so he blew Turn 1."

Matt is teaching Denny and Kyle how to race.....patience pays off.

Brilliant move by JGR to dump Logano and bring Kenseth aboard.

Probably just about as stupid as Jack Roush does right now :)

Anybody else notice Kasey getting a little whiney? After a lap that he slide jobbed Kyle big time to try and get out front he says in an interview after "If he would have just entered the corner like normal, like he had done the whole race, there would have been no issues and I would have been leading off 2. He just didn’t want that to happen, so he blew Turn 1."
But you have to realize that this is coming from the same guy that complains about women's breasts. I think it was a combination of them racing hard and both of them over driving a little.

Upon further review I retract my previous post. I now can see that the #20 team really hasn't found anything that anybody else hasn't. They did not have the best car, nor the best pit stops. Matt's win last night was definitely earned, so congrats!, but I believe he is now back in line where he always has been. Other than Kyle, (who clearly had the car to beat and Kassey clearly challenged "the best car"), it could have been any one of those lead cars race.

I think Kasey handled the interview after being taken out by kybu for the third time this year rather well but hopefully he's had enough and race him the way he has been raced. If so look over your shoulder kybu.

I think Kenseth has a chip on his shoulder and is driving like he has something to prove.

Matt is teaching Denny and Kyle how to race.....patience pays off.
I agree, I've noticed that Kyle doesn't go all out all the time. Matt said he used Kyle and Denny's setup for the race.

Matt's 2nd win of the week...he beat NASCAR on Wednesday and won the Cup race on Saturday Night!

I've said for years that the Gibbs cars are better than anything else on the track. Matt Kenseth is probably the most underrated driver out there and he's showing it and he's showing that the Gibbs cars are better than the rest by miles.

How is it that someone with Kenseth's accomplishments isn't considered elite by many?

I've said for years that the Gibbs cars are better than anything else on the track. Matt Kenseth is probably the most underrated driver out there and he's showing it and he's showing that the Gibbs cars are better than the rest by miles.

How is it that someone with Kenseth's accomplishments isn't considered elite by many?

Personality, I suppose, and Kenseth is said to have none. IMO, just because a driver doesn't shoot his mouth off, curse/swear and chooses to keep his cool, while maintaining some dignity doesn't make them a dullard.

When asked a straight forward question, he usually gives a straight forward answer without snarkiness and childish sarcasm. That's the type of driver(s) which I cheer for.

Personality, I suppose, and Kenseth is said to have none. IMO, just because a driver doesn't shoot his mouth off, curse/swear and chooses to keep his cool, while maintaining some dignity doesn't make them a dullard.

When asked a straight forward question, he usually gives a straight forward answer without snarkiness and childish sarcasm. That's the type of driver(s) which I cheer for.

Agreed. Guys like Matt Kenseth and Jimmie Johnson let their results speak for themselves. I just don't understand how someone who's won everything there is to win in NASCAR (Matt Kenseth) isn't considered elite.

Back
Top Bottom