Congratulations TRD/Toyota: Manufacturer Champion in All Three Series

So did you get that Tundra?

Not yet as it was advertised with a 5.7 but has the 4.7 so I was disappointed. It drove out really well though so I am still thinking about it but I did find a Crew Max with the 5.7 I want to look at.

4.6....Proud of you man.

I have a 4.7 in my current Tundra unless I have things mixed up terribly. I am back on the hunt and I think I will be heading over to Cleveland tomorrow and bring a new to me 4x4 SR5 Double Cab back home. On one hand I would like a Crew Max with the 5.7 and every option you can get but this is 4th vehicle so getting one in good shape and a good price is more important in this case as I don't need to spend 25-35 grand on something that won't be used every day or even every week.

This is what I meant about the 4.7

549a85c0052b41e9b23f2c27c131a2c8.jpg

OK.........the continuing saga of trying to buy another Tundra. Tomorrow I head to Indianapolis to purchase a SR5 Access Cab 4x4 with a bunch of stuff I don't need but.......it has the 5.7 V8 and I can't wait to get my hands on each one of those 381 horses!

Where are you going to put the TRD sticker?

Low, driver's side of the back window works well.

I have a 4.7 in my current Tundra unless I have things mixed up terribly. I am back on the hunt and I think I will be heading over to Cleveland tomorrow and bring a new to me 4x4 SR5 Double Cab back home. On one hand I would like a Crew Max with the 5.7 and every option you can get but this is 4th vehicle so getting one in good shape and a good price is more important in this case as I don't need to spend 25-35 grand on something that won't be used every day or even every week.

This is what I meant about the 4.7

View attachment 22180

4.7 (2000-2009)
4.6 (2010-Present)

Thought you were talking new....but then I realized that it's a Toyota so old is as good as new. Proud of you.

@Revman is going to be happy with me as I drove home a nice Tundra Double Cab SR5 4x4 TRD today. The 5.7 liter V8 is insane and everything else is perfect. I may not pay much heed to the manufacturer trophy but when I am plunking down my moldy cash the manufacturer is very important. Over the years Toyota and Nissan have been very good to me as I am sure other makes have for other people. I am not ready for a Kyle Busch decal yet.

@Revman is going to be happy with me as I drove home a nice Tundra Double Cab SR5 4x4 TRD today. The 5.7 liter V8 is insane and everything else is perfect. I may not pay much heed to the manufacturer trophy but when I am plunking down my moldy cash the manufacturer is very important. Over the years Toyota and Nissan have been very good to me as I am sure other makes have for other people. I am not ready for a Kyle Busch decal yet.
Can't say you done bad brother....... From what I understand..... those Toyota trucks are great..... I never owned one...... congratulations.......

Can't say you done bad brother....... From what I understand..... those Toyota trucks are great..... I never owned one...... congratulations.......

Thanks, I was seriously thinking about an F-150 but I have had such a good experience with Toyota I wanted to remain loyal.

I prefer the little nibble Eco Boost,

Very nice indeed. I have some friends who have F-150's with the V6 and they love them. The only complaint is that they don't get any better economy than a V8 but it isn't really any problem. I am of the age that thinks the sun rises and sets by V8 engines and that there is no replacement for displacement.

Congrats on the new truck!

Congrats on new [email protected] brother is a sales manager at local Toyota dealer,trucks and suv are the money maker nowadays.It stopped being about the manufacturer for me years ago.I have a 1994 ford ranger,civic si with some mods(wife refuses to ride in it)and a company issued Ford Fusion( plain Jane).I follow a couple drivers.

Pick me up, and we will go to the mountain top. I'll buy the beer. Tell you the whole TRD story until you pass out, or fall asleep. I'll drive ya home. It's a Toyota, so you know I'll be good to her. Congrats man. Love it when a guy is excited about his ride. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom