Countdown to the 2017 Daytona 500

17-3.jpg

Don't remember who is in the 16 car but if you are ever in Escanaba, more specifically Wells and you like fish, you can get a sampler plate of perch, whitefish and walleye that I guarantee you can't finish for $16.99 at the Family Inn. Its a must visit whenever I get home. In the background is the number 15 car of Ed "Stubby" Provo and Phil Derusha in the orange Duke Gardner second car. Dukes car is coming up.

Robbie Loving and the #16 car (pictured above) won the 30 Lap Figure 8 Feature at Michigan's Flat Rock Speedway

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
16-1 car.jpg

Kinda reminds me of bein’ a kid. Looks sorta like home.

Had my first ride to Darlington in a Thunderbird just like the one in the driveway. The ‘57 Ford sedan delivery just ahead of it is basically the same vehicle as my uncle’s station wagon. The next in line is an older vehicle in front of a small garage. The grown guys with a car hobby always kept something to play with in front or in the garage/shed. Might be a new stock car that ain’t been started yet.

The race car is contemporaneous with my first memories of racing. Could be someone’s waitin’ for a cousin to sneak away from the tire store with the wrecker to hook the car ‘n haul it to where the city’s reform school is now to run one of the local short tracks.

Thanks for postin’.

Back
Top Bottom