Country music has become a parody of itself

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
It's been a while since we've had a thread devoted to dunking on country music.

This popped up in my recommendations, presented by "HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT like a truck!"

The lyrics are straight up comical.

"It's been a long, hot summer, for a hard working John Deere man. You're real tired, well, no wonder, 'Cause you earned that farmer's tan. While I been working in the garden, You been melting all the ice in my sweet tea..."

😅

"Good God Almighty. Boy, you got me begging like a ol' hound dog. Buttered up and rolling, like a skillet smoking up a kitchen down in Arkansas. Yeah, we on to something, won't ya keep it coming. Baby, I can handle the heat (I can handle it). Yeah, boy, you make me wanna rear back and slap my mama. Hot damn, four hundred degrees, Now we cooking with grease."

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Granted, I don't think anyone's watching a Lainey Wilson performance for the lyrical content.

I just remember somebody posted that Lainey Wilson had a "butt like a truck" a few weeks ago in one of the RF threads.

And since then I just think about her butt every time I hear her name, and that's the truth.

I love country music and I never heard of Lainey Wilson before. Apparently I haven't missed much.

How many people actually listen to music for the lyrics though? Do any of the Americans who like Rammstein understand the lyrics of their songs?

I love country music and I never heard of Lainey Wilson before. Apparently I haven't missed much.

How many people actually listen to music for the lyrics though? Do any of the Americans who like Rammstein understand the lyrics of their songs?

She’s good and has a hell of a booty

I picked out "sometimes war" "wonder bra" "coca cola" and "I don't speak my mother's tongue" but those are the words in English.

To show how lyrics don't matter that much here is one of my favorite "country" songs

Than of course you have this classic

People aren’t going to Lainey Wilson’s CDL-permit required shows for the lyrical content.

In your experience most of the good stuff isn't played on the radio, regardless of the genre.

The same idea applies to the award show winners as well. Expecting worthy outcomes from them will only frustrate you. If I turn on the TV to watch any wimmins singing I just hope they are hawt. That's as close they will ever get to giving them any awards and air time based on true merit.

Lainey covers that base, yes?
I haven't followed that much country music lately at least in the discussed terms of this thread.
I have seen her more on the Internet, and Yellowstone than anywhere else. I have heard more of her on the Heart like a Truck commercials than anywhere else.
But I will say based on my limited exposure she is easy on the eyes and I like the way she sings.

A little more I gave up on country music radio and other radio stations a long time ago. It isn't just having to listen to the commercials, the repetition is just insane. Country music radio keeps about a dozen of the same hot or current singers on their Playlist and they run them in the ground with very little time for anyone else. I bet if I turned it on they would be playing a Morgan Wallen song or one of his would be on in the next 15 minutes.

I am not trying to go off on him, they run others I the ground too. I just want more variety from a Playlist and from a wider range of performers. Even the best material will get old after enough constant reps.

I haven't followed that much country music lately at least in the discussed terms of this thread.
I have seen her more on the Internet, and Yellowstone than anywhere else. I have heard more of her on the Heart like a Truck commercials than anywhere else.
But I will say based on my limited exposure she is easy on the eyes and I like the way she sings.

A little more I gave up on country music radio and other radio stations a long time ago. It isn't just having to listen to the commercials, the repetition is just insane. Country music radio keeps about a dozen of the same hot or current singers on their Playlist and they run them in the ground with very little time for anyone else. I bet if I turned it on they would be playing a Morgan Wallen song or one of his would be on in the next 15 minutes.

I am not trying to go off on him, they run others I the ground too. I just want more variety from a Playlist and from a wider range of performers. Even the best material will get old after enough constant reps.
I obviously have seen the Heart like a Truck commercial about a million times during NASCAR telecasts but until yesterday I didn't know who the singer was.

We don't have country radio but pretty much every radio station I know is pretty much like you described. Both the 80s stations and the ones that play modern-day pop music seem to have a rotation of like 30 songs they play a gazillion times a day.
There are songs that I liked when I first heard them but after they were played them the 10th time I hated them.
Right now Antihero is the song that is played every 20 minutes. In this case, I already hated the song when I first heard it.

My Granddaughter and my Great Granddaughter attended the Taylor Swift Concert in Pittsburgh Saturday night. The Concert broke the attendance record for Acrisure Stadium. The previous record was held by Garth Brooks. They had a blast!

Great country is sad but it touches the soul in the most honest ways. A good sad one can make you feel like you are not alone at 2am.

And most of all the best stuff is almost never on the radio, or never is what they would call a hit.

Great country is sad but it touches the soul in the most honest ways. A good sad one can make you feel like you are not alone at 2am.

And most of all the best stuff is almost never on the radio, or never is what they would call a hit.

I really liked Steve Earle's music. I have four of his CD's but I think his best was his first.....Guitar Town. I seen him perform at the Birchmere in Virginia when he was starting his career. The Birchmere is a fairly small place and we were about 20 feet from the stage.

I really liked Steve Earle's music. I have four of his CD's but I think his best was his first.....Guitar Town. I seen him perform at the Birchmere in Virginia when he was starting his career. The Birchmere is a fairly small place and we were about 20 feet from the stage.
I agree about Guitar Town. They had to be a great show in Virgina. I I saw Kelly Willis in small concert like that once, I loved it.

To me the best ones can sound good with the least amount of props, and that's the way I like hearing it best

I just remember somebody posted that Lainey Wilson had a "butt like a truck" a few weeks ago in one of the RF threads.

And since then I just think about her butt every time I hear her name, and that's the truth.
Her wonderful trunk is on CMA fest tonight.

I agree about Guitar Town. They had to be a great show in Virgina. I I saw Kelly Willis in small concert like that once, I loved it.

To me the best ones can sound good with the least amount of props, and that's the way I like hearing it best
Out of the 75 (or so ) concerts I have seen , Steve Earle is in my top 3.
He was making rounds in the mid to late 80's with Rosanne Cash as
an opener. Small 1500 seat venue in Atlanta. A site to behold.
Rosanne was in her prime.

Out of the 75 (or so ) concerts I have seen , Steve Earle is in my top 3.
He was making rounds in the mid to late 80's with Rosanne Cash as
an opener. Small 1500 seat venue in Atlanta. A site to behold.
Rosanne was in her prime.
I love Rosanne Cashs music and voice

Tyler Childers' new one is just the opposite. There is hope yet.
People that complain about country music today are just complaining to complain.

If you don't think Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Luke Combs, Zach Bryan, Tyler Childers, Colter Wall, Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson, Jason Isbell and many more are damn good country artists then idk what to say.

And yes Childers' new song is incredible

People that complain about country music today are just complaining to complain.

If you don't think Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Luke Combs, Zach Bryan, Tyler Childers, Colter Wall, Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson, Jason Isbell and many more are damn good country artists then idk what to say.

And yes Childers' new song is incredible

Nice to read that someone gets it. Totally agree with the thoughts and your list.

All music appeals to someone. Great to have choices. My tastes in music are widespread but your list represents the direction I lean. Childers kicks ass! Stapleton is freaking awesome. I’d love to see that pair in concert.

Be sure to download my new album and title track "I Know You're Going When You Ain't Going Here", featuring my singles
  • "I Can't Go Line Dancing (I'm Too Drunk to Stay in Line)", and
  • "Her Skirt Was Too High, Her Blouse Was Too Low, Her Blood Alcohol Two-point-Oh".

I can relate to Trae Crowder. The county seat where I go to vote and jury duty Pawnee has two stop signs, one on each side of the street and the clinic where I used to go for health care in Cleveland was shut down a couple of months ago.

Some of my favorite song titles

- She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger
- I Wish I Were In Dixie Tonight, But She's Out Of Town
-I'll Get Over You As Soon As You Get Out From Under Him
- It Takes Me All Night Long To Do What I Used To Do All Night Long
- We Used to Just Kiss on the Lips But Now It's All Over
- The Next Time You Throw That Fryin' Pan, My Face Ain't Gonna Be There
- I Hate Every Bone In Your Body Except Mine
- I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dawg Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win

My generation liked songs such as:

I'm So Lonesome I Could Die -Hank Williams

The Long Black Veil - Lefty Frizzell

Music changes with the times and that is ok with me. I still play the music of my generation. :)

Back
Top Bottom