Country music has become a parody of itself

Some local Eastern NC real country music talent:

She's got a couple good ones that haven't been released publicly yet, but coming out in August I believe.

Fun fact: Carsyn Gray (Gillikin) was the last person EVER to win a feature race at Myrtle Beach Speedway.

People that complain about country music today are just complaining to complain.

If you don't think Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Luke Combs, Zach Bryan, Tyler Childers, Colter Wall, Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson, Jason Isbell and many more are damn good country artists then idk what to say.

And yes Childers' new song is incredible

when people complain about country music, i think they're complaining about bro country. the people you mentioned above are the ones putting out the real **** right now.

Jason Isbell, one of the best song writers in a generation.

I get it Luke Combs gets a lot of radio play, but for some reason i dont put him in the same category as bro country.

Or political anthems. They seem to be all the rage right now in country music.
they kind of always have been, at least it started to go that direction with Toby Keith 20 years ago, which is probably about the time that country music really started changing to the awful format it is now.

I think today is going to be a Jason Isbell today, time to pop some headphones in.

by the way, i saw a video this morning of Lukas Nelson covering Seven Spanish Angels this morning. Wow......

Went to both Chris Lane at a smaller venue and Luke Combs at Lincoln Financial Field in the past month. Will be going to Cody Johnson in October. Ive come around to country music a bit as of late, mainly cus my girlfriends obsessed, SMH. She buys tickets and I just go for the event.

Alan Jacksons my favorite.

they kind of always have been, at least it started to go that direction with Toby Keith 20 years ago, which is probably about the time that country music really started changing to the awful format it is now.

I think today is going to be a Jason Isbell today, time to pop some headphones in.

by the way, i saw a video this morning of Lukas Nelson covering Seven Spanish Angels this morning. Wow......
What I think is great about modern country music is that not all artists sound alike. There is something for everyone.

Political anthems are nothing new. Neither in country nor in any other genre.
Keith's songs weren't really political except for the pro-Armed Forces message.

What I think is great about modern country music is that not all artists sound alike. There is something for everyone.

Political anthems are nothing new. Neither in country nor in any other genre.
Keith's songs weren't really political except for the pro-Armed Forces message.
Everyone loved Keith's songs until flying an American flag became a bad thing according to some.

Everyone loved Keith's songs until flying an American flag became a bad thing according to some.

I still have a soft spot for "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue."The thing with TK's songs is that they captured the anger that a lot of Americans had after 9/11. You can't judge them with 2023 eyes.

Proud of this guy for staying true to himself and not giving in to the divisiveness and hatred

I actually heard Rich Men North of Richmond for the first time today and I think it's a great song.
It just hits a nerve for lots of people, irrespective of their political leanings. People my age are not used to song lyrics that actually express something.
What also helps is that this guy is as authentic as it gets, I hope he can stay true to himself and down earth despite the fame.

I just remember somebody posted that Lainey Wilson had a "butt like a truck" a few weeks ago in one of the RF threads.

And since then I just think about her butt every time I hear her name, and that's the truth.
She is fine in her tights tonight on the Peoples choice country music awards show.

This girl screams “I just moved to Mooresville from a generic Northern suburb and adopted country girl as my identity.”

This is pretty much what country music has become.

The best thing country music has going for it is how downbeat, depressing and boring modern pop music is.

She has slimmed down

Nooooo stay fluffy! The got a tailgate like a truck commercial was in the works, after extensive insta research I can confirm thang still thangin tho.

Nooooo stay fluffy! The got a tailgate like a truck commercial was in the works, after extensive insta research I can confirm thang still thangin tho.
Low BMI = High PMI

Merle Haggard, Hank Snow, Bob Wills, Hank Thompson, Roy Drusky, Merle Travis, Tommy Duncan, Gene Watson, Hank Williams, Sr., Charley Walker, Jack Greene, Ernie Tubb, Dwight Yoakum, Johnny Rodriquez, Eddie Arnold, George Jones, Ricky VanShelton, Vern Gosdin, Ray Price, Charlie Pride, Jim Reeves, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Lorie Morgan, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Willie Nelson, Alan Jackson and, that's just a few of the true country singers.

So many of the newer generation of so-called country singers try to sound "southern" and fail miserably but someone like Chris Stapleton is singing true country. Too many cutsie pseudo country singers out there doing poor imitations of country music.

Reading comments of how country music stations seem to play the same songs in reality is not so much they play the same songs but the songs they play all sound the same.

Merle Haggard, Hank Snow, Bob Wills, Hank Thompson, Roy Drusky, Merle Travis, Tommy Duncan, Gene Watson, Hank Williams, Sr., Charley Walker, Jack Greene, Ernie Tubb, Dwight Yoakum, Johnny Rodriquez, Eddie Arnold, George Jones, Ricky VanShelton, Vern Gosdin, Ray Price, Charlie Pride, Jim Reeves, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Lorie Morgan, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Willie Nelson, Alan Jackson and, that's just a few of the true country singers.

So many of the newer generation of so-called country singers try to sound "southern" and fail miserably but someone like Chris Stapleton is singing true country. Too many cutsie pseudo country singers out there doing poor imitations of country music.

Reading comments of how country music stations seem to play the same songs in reality is not so much they play the same songs but the songs they play all sound the same.
They play the same songs over and over and they all sound similar in length, hook line repeating, and fake country vocals.

I can’t love this enough. Newer country artists are almost all not very good, it’s a shame something 20,25,30 years ago is better than now

I can’t love this enough. Newer country artists are almost all not very good, it’s a shame something 20,25,30 years ago is better than now
To expand on this, I find of the newer artists Chris Stapleton, Midland, and Zach Bryan are really good. The rest….well not so much But maybe it’s because I don’t really listen to newer stuff after surviving Florida Georgie Line, Chase Brice, Luke Bryan (guilty pleasure for some songs) and whatever other country bro artist I’m forgetting that had their reign at the top of Country Bro music.

The more this forum is playing country music police the more I enjoy modern country music. There are some truly great artists out there right now.
Some of my favorites include Justin Moore, Cody Johnson, Riley Green and Luke Combs.

The more this forum is playing country music police the more I enjoy modern country music. There are some truly great artists out there right now.
Some of my favorites include Justin Moore, Cody Johnson, Riley Green and Luke Combs.
These guys just want something to bitch about. The quantity of amazing country music being put out is higher than any time in history. Someone should tell these guys they don't have to listen to the radio these days. It's not 1997

These guys just want something to bitch about. The quantity of amazing country music being put out is higher than any time in history. Someone should tell these guys they don't have to listen to the radio these days. It's not 1997
Yeah, there some good ones on like tiktok and YouTube. I don’t know if I’d agree the quantity is higher than ever before, but there is good ones out there. Just gotta find it.

Back
Top Bottom