COVID-19 and sports: Latest news and information (updated)

Per the NCAA, all remaining winter and spring championships have been canceled as well.

Earlier today, many leagues canceled their postseason tournaments even as most were already underway.

The Big Ten, SEC, American, Atlantic 10, Big 12, Pac-12 and Big East conferences are all canceling their conference tournaments, in some cases minutes before they were scheduled to begin today’s game schedule.

The Big East tipped off its first quarterfinal game between St. John’s and Creighton before the decision was made. The announcement came at halftime. The game was being played at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Kentucky Derby reportedly to be moved to the first weekend in September...which is, of course, opening Saturday of college football season (for now, at least). Huh.

If we ever get back to sports, good lord is there going to be a lot going on at once.

If we ever get back to sports, good lord is there going to be a lot going on at once.

Is this the last motorport to fall? I cant think of any other form of racing that is still a thing. But I am surprised they are pushing this to september giving that the race itself is in June and a lot can happen between now and then.

Is this the last motorport to fall? I cant think of any other form of racing that is still a thing. But I am surprised they are pushing this to september giving that the race itself is in June and a lot can happen between now and then.
They already benched Sebring and Spa but I think this is the furthest out I’ve seen something officially moved so far. I still think NASCAR and IndyCar are ambitious to get going again in May - some races might just get dropped entirely but I definitely think the Indy 500 is getting pushed to late summer too.

Some dirt tracks and short tracks plan to race on.

$225M instead of the expected $600M distribution, thanks mostly to cancellation of March Madness. Pretty tough cut for the schools.

The City of Toronto has banned public gatherings until the end of June earliest.

Been so long since I've played HORSE. Will they get to call backboard or swish?
To think the NBA cut the HORSE challenge for the skills challenge... Last time HORSE was played was 09 or 10. KD won the last challenge, I think. I do like the skills challenge, but HORSE or King of the Court would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom