Crash Stats for 2020

If you call one win and an 8th place finish a factor so be it. He wasn't all year
So shouldn't have even been there, eh? Ok boss. Almost won D500, won inaugural Bristol dirt race, 10 T5s, 19 T10s.....only crashed 4 times. One of those while racing for the D500.
You win home boy.....

So shouldn't have even been there, eh? Ok boss. Almost won D500, won inaugural Bristol dirt race, 10 T5s, 19 T10s.....only crashed 4 times. One of those while racing for the D500.
You win home boy.....
Shows that he didn't have winning speed all year, with an 8th place finish in the standings and the worst of the 3 Penske cars. Led a whole 453 laps

Shows that he didn't have winning speed all year, with an 8th place finish in the standings and the worst of the 3 Penske cars. Led a whole 453 laps
Like I said, ok boss. So what's your point? I mentioned he wrecked the least which I think is pretty notable for a full time driver that's claimed to be over aggressive by some. So again, what's "non factor" have to do with it? Still was out there as much as anyone. I guess "non factor" as in didn't cause as much chaos could apply.

I would think Joey himself would admit that he did not have a good year this year. What if you cause a wreck but don't wreck yourself? Does that get counted as a wreck?

I would think Joey himself would admit that he did not have a good year this year. What if you cause a wreck but don't wreck yourself? Does that get counted as a wreck?
It comes down to who NASCAR counts as being involved in a caution for me. For example Bowman technically didn't crash at Martinsville but because he spun Denny he gets counted. But as NASCAR is NASCAR they aren't consistent, such as Austin Dillon at Michigan didn't include Keselowski. As I always say there's no way to be 100% accurate but it's as close as I can get.

Like I said, ok boss. So what's your point? I mentioned he wrecked the least which I think is pretty notable for a full time driver that's claimed to be over aggressive by some. So again, what's "non factor" have to do with it? Still was out there as much as anyone. I guess "non factor" as in didn't cause as much chaos could apply.
and I said he AND Matt D weren't a factor all year. Now you go off jumping and clicking your heels about how little they wrecked, and I will continue to say they were a non factor all year because they weren't

and I said he AND Matt D weren't a factor all year. Now you go off jumping and clicking your heels about how little they wrecked, and I will continue to say they were a non factor all year because they weren't
Exactly, your comment had zero to do with my observation yet you reply to ME When you make it. So just starting an argument for argument sake. Got it…..👍🏻

I never said he had a good year but to infer he was basically irrelevant I will push back.

Exactly, your comment had zero to do with my observation yet you reply to ME When you make it. So just starting an argument for argument sake. Got it…..👍🏻
I believe you were the one who has taken offense. Ya know "freedom" to say whatever and all that. People take offense too easily ;)

Honestly, none of the Fords were a factor this year IMO. I think they sat on their hands or something

Definitely sucking hind tit. Blaney was the only one to make noise towards the end of the year. And Harvick as hard as it is to admit.

Forgot I had this one done already

ARCA East 2021

25 total crashes

Stephanie Moyer3
Mason Diaz2
Drew Dollar2
Thad Moffitt2
Jack Wood1
Daniel Dye1
Ed Pompa1
Justin S. Carroll1
Rajah Caruth1
Kyle Sieg1
Ross Dalton1
Eric Caudell1
Connor Jones1
Joey Iest1
Sammy Smith1
Chuck Buchanan Jr1
Jade Buford1
Jason Kitzmiller1
Richard Garvie1
Andy Jankowiak1

Xfinity totals for this year. 386 total crashes this year, good for 5th most in a season that I've completed so far (1982-2003 and 2018-present). No surprise that 2 of the drivers most known for crashing in the series led the way. I was surprised when I looked and realized this was Jones first time.

Brandon Jones 16
Riley Herbst 14
Brett Moffitt 13
Joe Graf Jr 13
Ryan Sieg 12
Myatt Snider 11
Jade Buford 11
Jeb Burton 10
Noah Gragson 10
Josh Berry 10
Tommy Joe Martins 10
Austin Cindric 10
Matt Mills 10
Josh Williams 9
Justin Haley 9
Harrison Burton 9
Sam Mayer 9
Daniel Hemric 8
Alex Labbe 8
Michael Annett 8
A.J Allmendinger 8
Brandon Brown 7
Colby Howard 7
Ryan Vargas 6
Jeffrey Earnhardt 6
Justin Allgaier 6
David Starr 6
Stefan Parsons 6
Ty Dillon 5
Caesar Bacarella 5
Kyle Weatherman 5
Gray Gaulding 5
Mason Massey 5
Jeremy Clements 4
Cody Ware 4
Bayley Curry 4
Jesse Little 4
Timmy Hill 3
Chad Finchum 3
Landon Cassill 3
Brandon Gdovic 3
Ty Gibbs 3
Kris Wright 3
Kyle Busch 3
Preston Pardus 3
Carson Ware 3
Spencer Boyd 3
C.J McLaughlin 3
Dylan Lupton 3
Jason White (US) 2
Natalie Decker 2
Blaine Perkins 2
Dexter Bean 2
Colin Garrett 2
J.J Yeley 2
John Hunter Nemechek 2
Chase Briscoe 2
Tanner Berryhill 2
Santino Ferrucci 2
Ryan Ellis 2
Josh Bilicki 2
Jordan Anderson 2
B.J McLeod 2
Sage Karam 2
Danny Bohn 1
Robby Lyons 1
Stephen Leicht 1
Garrett Smithley 1
Joey Gase 1
Matt Jaskol 1
Zane Smith 1
Kyle Sieg 1
Grant Enfinger 1
Spencer Pumpelly 1
Patrick Emerling 1
Michael Munley 1
Kyle Tilley 1
Erik Jones 1
Bubba Wallace 1
Akinori Ogata 1
Sheldon Creed 1

The truck series as we saw was an absolute wreckfest in 2021. I've tracked the trucks the last 4 seasons and 2021's total of 328 is 92 higher then the next closest at 236 in 2019. 100 more then last year and 132 more then the 2018 season. I haven't started through truck history yet but I've got to think this is near the top overall, over 22 races it equals 14.9 per race average...and thats with a countable 0 at COTA. The dirt races plate races and short tracks made up most with a total of 41 from Knoxville alone. This is Kraus' first time at the top.

Derek Kraus 15
Hailie Deegan 13
Stewart Friesen 12
Tyler Ankrum 11
Johnny Sauter 11
Austin Wayne Self 10
Cory Roper 10
Sheldon Creed 9
Tanner Gray 9
Chase Purdy 9
Carson Hocevar 8
John Hunter Nemechek 7
Ryan Truex 7
Todd Gilliland 7
Tate Fogleman 7
Parker Kligerman 7
Chandler Smith 7
Jennifer Jo Cobb 7
Dawson Cram 7
Austin Hill 6
Drew Dollar 6
Zane Smith 6
Jack Wood 6
Lawless Alan 6
Matt Crafton 5
Danny Bohn 5
Kris Wright 5
Josh Berry 5
Brett Moffitt 4
Timothy Peters 4
Tyler Hill 4
Codie Rohrbaugh 4
Grant Enfinger 4
Josh Reaume 4
Raphael Lessard 3
Jett Noland 3
Bret Holmes 3
Howie DiSavino III 3
Norm Benning 3
Corey Heim 3
Ben Rhodes 3
Clay Greenfield 3
Bryan Dauzat 2
Jason White (Can) 2
Jordan Anderson 2
Sam Mayer 2
David Gilliland 2
Christian Eckes 2
Akinori Ogata 2
Jake Griffin 2
Jessica Friesen 2
Brian Brown 2
Taylor Gray 2
Colby Howard 2
Chris Hacker 2
James Buescher 1
Gus Dean 1
Parker Chase 1
Kyle Busch 1
Conor Daly 1
Andrew Gordon 1
Mike Marlar 1
Myatt Snider 1
Kyle Larson 1
Bayley Curry 1
Timmy Hill 1
B.J McLeod 1
Spencer Davis 1
Trey Hutchens 1
Ray Ciccarelli 1
Kyle Strickler 1
Chris Windom 1
Cody Erickson 1
Parker Price-Miller 1
Morgan Alexander 1
Chase Briscoe 1
Donny Schatz 1
A.J Allmendinger 1
Chad Chastain 1
Derrick Griffith 1
Ty Majeski 1
Spencer Boyd 1
Willie Allen 1
Dylan Lupton 1
Jesse Iwuji 1
Sage Karam 1

Surprised Daniel Suarez only had 4 crashes this past season. He wadded up a lot of cars at JGR and SHR too.

Surprised Daniel Suarez only had 4 crashes this past season. He wadded up a lot of cars at JGR and SHR too.
I think Suarez drove great in 2021. It should go without saying that even an "average" cup driver has to be extremely talented and deserves respect. But I had never given him much thought beyond that level.

Now I see him as something more, he had better speed and less crashes than expected in 2021, an overachiever would be the word.

Thanks @kkfan91 for your dedication and hard work, I think this is one of the most interesting stats. I don't know of any other provider that tracks them like you do.

I think Suarez drove great in 2021. It should go without saying that even an "average" cup driver has to be extremely talented and deserves respect. But I had never given him much thought beyond that level.

Now I see him as something more, he had better speed and less crashes than expected in 2021, an overachiever would be the word.

Thanks @kkfan91 for your dedication and hard work, I think this is one of the most interesting stats. I don't know of any other provider that tracks them like you do.
Thank you, it's definitely time consuming. I'll sometimes here people say he's crashed this many times but I have yet to come across anyone with a method like mine. Which is what set this whole thing off in the first place me having a random thought while bored on day.

Along the same lines
Alfredo, Stenhouse and Newman no surprise.

1640636356791.png

Probably got told to not tear his sh1t up… I know trackhouse is well financed but not an endless budget like JGR and SHR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARCA Totals for 2021. 82 total crashes beats the last 2 years of 70, but is still basically half of the 160 we saw in 2018, likely due to still small field sizes and a lack of real big ones at Daytona and Talladega. Thad Moffitt does something his grandfather did several times in Cup lead the series in crashes, still not showing much potential for higher levels imo.

Thad Moffitt 6
Drew Dollar 4
Gracie Trotter 4
Nick Sanchez 4
Bryce Haugeberg 4
Scott Melton 3
Eric Caudell 3
Nick Igdalsky 3
Jason Kitzmiller 3
Greg Van Alst 2
Joey Iest 2
Jack Wood 2
Jesse Love 2
Brandon Varney 2
Taylor Gray 2
Rich Bickle 1
Dave Mader III 1
Brittney Zamora 1
Derek Griffith 1
Scott Reeves 1
Bobby Hillis Jr 1
Toni Breidinger 1
Zane Smith 1
Takuma Koga 1
John Ferrier 1
Ty Gibbs 1
Derrick Lancaster 1
Bret Holmes 1
Dick Doheny 1
Jason Miles 1
Kyle Sieg 1
Kris Wright 1
Russ Lane 1
Bryan Dauzat 1
Ron Vandermier Jr 1
Morgan Alexander 1
Mason Diaz 1
Conner Jones 1
Sammy Smith 1
Corey Heim 1
Daniel Dye 1
Dale Quarterly 1
Tim Richmond (1998) 1
Mike Goudie 1
Stephanie Moyer 1
Chuck Buchanan Jr 1
Jade Buford 1
Richard Garvie 1
Andy Jankowiak 1
Willie Mullins 1
Zachary Tinkle 1

ARCA West for 2021

Bobby Hillis Jr wrecked 6 times in 9 races to lead the series that in 9 races put up 67 crashes helped by a late season 17 crash wreckfest at California's All American Speedway.

Bobby Hillis Jr 6
Eric Nascimento 5
Bridget Burgess 5
Takuma Koga 4
Brian Kamisky 4
Hiroyuki Ueno 4
Toni Breidinger 3
Josh Fanopoulos 3
Jesse Love 3
Jake Drew 2
Paul Pedroncelli Jr 2
Amber Balcaen 2
Mariah Boudrieau 2
Taylor Gray 2
Dean Thompson 2
John Wood 2
Joey Iest 1
Jack Wood 1
Zane Smith 1
Gracie Trotter 1
Bryce Haugeberg 1
Nick Sanchez 1
Dave Smith 1
Tim Spurgeon 1
Amber Slagle 1
Todd Souza 1
Johnny Borneman III 1
Stafford Smith 1
Cole Moore 1
Jolynn Wilkinson 1
Travis Milburn 1
Conner Jones 1

F1 for 2021, it probably says a lot about the craziness of F1 this year that the driver with the most crashes won the championship. Max Verstappen had 4 crashes of the 35 total for F1. Jimmie Johnson led the Cup series one of his championship years, but with the way F1 works you need a wild season for this to happen. Totals have been about the same the last few years.

Max Verstappen 4
Nikita Mazepin 3
Nicholas Latifi 3
Lance Stroll 3
Valtteri Bottas 2
George Russell 2
Antonio Giovinazzi 2
Sebastian Vettel 2
Lewis Hamilton 2
Charles Leclerc 2
Sergio Perez 2
Mick Schumacher 2
Pierre Gasly 1
Kimi Raikkonen 1
Esteban Ocon 1
Daniel Ricciardo 1
Lando Norris 1
Yuki Tsunoda 1

Indycar 2021

Jimmie Johnson and Ed Jones tied with 6 crashes this year to lead Indycar, though Jones ran all 16 races Jimmie just 12 so on that Jimmie leads on percentage. There were 83 total crashes in Indycar this year, the most of any season I've tracked 1996 and 2017-2021. It is 11 more then 2017 72, though with many years of all ovals and bad drivers to go I could see this changing. The total was helped by the wreckfest that was Nashville which had 19. Also this is probably the only racing list you can compile where Cody Ware is listed next to Indycar and Indy 500 Champions.

Of series I try to track yearly I have just the NASCAR modified tour to go.

Jimmie Johnson 6
Ed Jones 6
Sebastien Bourdais 5
Will Power 5
James Hinchcliffe 4
Alexander Rossi 4
Romain Grosjean 4
Rinus VeeKay 4
Felix Rosenqvist 3
Conor Daly 3
Dalton Kellett 3
Simon Pagenaud 3
Marcus Ericsson 3
Scott McLaughlin 3
Oliver Askew 3
Colton Herta 2
Josef Newgarden 2
Ryan Hunter-Reay 2
Max Chilton 2
Graham Rahal 2
Patricio O'Ward 2
Alex Palou 2
Ed Carpenter 2
Pietro Fittipaldi 1
Stefan Wilson 1
Simona de Silvestro 1
Santino Ferrucci 1
Takuma Sato 1
Cody Ware 1
Scott Dixon 1
Helio Castroneves 1

Alright and here are the ground pounders.

I've only done them for the last 3 seasons and this years 132 was right in the middle 2020 was 81 and 2019 was 197.

J.B Fortin 8
Walter Sutcliffe Jr 8
Tyler Rypkema 7
Dave Sapienza 6
Craig Lutz 5
Woody Pitkat 5
Ron Silk 5
Matt Swanson 5
Eric Goodale 5
Anthony Nocella 4
Doug Coby 4
Kyle Ellwood 4