Crew Chief Appreciation Thread

Jake Elder, called Suitcase Jake. I believe he was crew chief for Dale Earnhardt right before he won his first Cup with Dough Richert. He wasnt around teams for long, as he propensity to move on quick.
The list of people Jake worked for is practically longer than the ones he didn't. Jake was one of those guys that could make any team better, even for the short time he was usually there. Darrell Waltrip, Kenny Wallace and Mark Martin all have really funny stories about Jake.

A crew chief-driver relationship is just like a marriage, and what works for some won't work for others, and even the ones that work often eventually go stale. In either case, when you stop listening to each other, things go down hill quickly. Chad Knaus was one of the best of all time, but many drivers would have wilted under him, or just fought him at every turn. I think Evernham was much the same way.
It's why Cliff is the perfect fit for Kyle. He's the wise mind to Kyle's emotional mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My hero, Adam Stevens, is on Sirius at 7:35 Pacific.

If Bobby Allison had not been such a great driver he probably would have been a great crew cheif.

Dale Inman 193 cup wins
8 cup championships, 7 with Richard Petty and another one with Terry Labonte in 1984.

As a driver James Hylton won 2 cup races and finished 2nd in the points three times.

What most people probably do not know is that he was also a mechanic on Rex White’s 1960 NASCAR Cup championship team and served as the crew chief for 1965 Cup champion Ned Jarrett

Im surprised there hasn't been one mention of your current champion crew chief Paul Wolfe. Arguably one of the best in the garage right now.

Im surprised there hasn't been one mention of your current champion crew chief Paul Wolfe. Arguably one of the best in the garage right now.
Doing it with multiple drivers is big.

Doing it with multiple drivers is big.

While Adam didn't win the thing this year, the fact that he got Bell to the Championship 4 after guiding Busch to two championships when the narrative was that KB couldn't finish is what I think moves him to the next level. I might add that Bell is mega to TRD, and that there is pressure to have him succeed. Adam Stevens is legit.

Love James Small. Taking Martin's **** and firing back. Not intimidated.

1698029780962.png

Adam Stevens is a damn genius. What he has going with CBell is freaking awesome. Loved it when Bell was asked about snapping at Adam today...."His previous driver was a lot harder on him that I am."

Adam Stevens is a damn genius. Called a freaking awesome race yesterday, and damn near pulled it off.

Back
Top Bottom