Cup Championship RACE thread --- Phoenix

He inspired me.
Ya see, this is exactly what Im talking about. My post was edited by the moderator. Of course you dont know what I said because, wait for it..........because I was edited. You arent allowed to make up your own mind on what I said because you will be shielded by big brother.

I really don’t understand some of the race ratings. That race had literally everything you want; low grip, tons of HP, comers and goers, long green flag runs, battle for the lead literally the entire time, and a final 30 laps that were basically decided by .5 seconds.
if anyone didnt give it a 10,needs to find another sport!

Final rankings. Harvick by 7 over Keselowski by 4 over Blaney

1636339628479.png

Still have so many thoughts from today I want to share.

The last 3 drivers to hit 10 wins all were champions, all drove for HMS.

And a shout-out to Chase Elliott. Even though Larson is the oldest, most experienced, and now most successful NASCAR driver at HMS, I still feel as though Chase Elliott is still the leader.

Today in his post race interview was not the first time he's managed to make it a point to call Larson a "good person" in a race that he's won.

Given Chase's comments, and Larson's pretty frequent playoff concerns for Elliott, Byron and Bowman, I can't help but feel as though HMS' stable is just super supportive of each other right now.

I thought Rick was blowing smoke when he said this was the best group he's had, given that he had Gordon and Johnson in elite form from 02-15. But maybe Rick was speaking to the comradery between his drivers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They weren’t THAT far off pace
The gerbs had to keep their running the mouth commentary up so they were too busy drooling over the 4 cars to be bothered with any other cars. NBC strikes again. It's pretty bad when the gerbs think they know when a driver is going to complete a pass or what he is going to do. They are maybe at best 50% right, but they don't care they B.S. on to the next blunder. They entertain themselves though.

I am sure that Kyle Larson was encouraged when I picked him to win the championship in this years boldest prediction contest.

I am thinking that was when the ephinanies happened for him. That's when he knew it was possibile and that he could do it and that it was real. I just want humbly to thank the Lord for being able to contribute to the effort.

Dr Salty .....good times.
Nah. I said the same thing. And I think he is right. Doesn't matter. Whoever won that race off of pit road was gonna win the race.

Nah. I said the same thing. And I think he is right. Doesn't matter. Whoever won that race off of pit road was gonna win the race.

Exactly. I thought I was giving props, not being salty... 5 crew came up with BRASS ONES when it counted.

I really don’t understand some of the race ratings. That race had literally everything you want; low grip, tons of HP, comers and goers, long green flag runs, battle for the lead literally the entire time, and a final 30 laps that were basically decided by .5 seconds.
Great race, I think some people don’t care for the format. Luckily the racing gods may be doing their job

Great race, I think some people don’t care for the format. Luckily the racing gods may be doing their job
I get it, but regardless that was a great race. I'm tired of people complaining about the top 4 finishing in the top 5. OF COURSE THEY DID! Haha you have the entire might of the Gibbs & Hendrick organization focusing on these two cars each. This isn't some late model race at Hickory

I get it, but regardless that was a great race. I'm tired of people complaining about the top 4 finishing in the top 5. OF COURSE THEY DID! Haha you have the entire might of the Gibbs & Hendrick organization focusing on these two cars each. This isn't some late model race at Hickory

Yeah I guess. Just think there’s other storylines they could talk about sometimes. Idk

all but one had to go thru tech multiple times. With a back marker you could say they don't know what they were doing. With this bunch, they knew exactly what they were doing.

5 pit crew won him the title. They got him the clutch lead, he held on. I’m not sure he gets by 19 if they get out front there.
Whenever anyone beats Chase Elliott for a race win or a championship, you can count on some of his fans to show up with "asterisks" to tarnish the result. It's been happening since his earliest days in the 24 car, before his very first cup win. It's tiresome. I like Chase, but many of his fans get... tiresome.

Whenever anyone beats Chase Elliott for a race win or a championship, you can count on some of his fans to show up with "asterisks" to tarnish the result. It's been happening since his earliest days in the 24 car, before his very first cup win. It's tiresome. I like Chase, but many of his fans get... tiresome.

Agree 100%. It’s hard for me to root for Chase.

Again, WHERE WAS I PUTTING AN ASTERISK on it? I merely observed that the 5 crew pulled off a BOSS stop in the clutch. I'm trying to give a huge compliment. I think whoever had the lead and clean air was going to be nigh unbeatable! I swear on all things holy I was NOT trying to slight Larson. I thought I was being nothing but complimentary. His crew was absolutely badass there.

Edit: I swear I'm being sincere here. I didn't mean it as a salty post or shot at the 5. Who in their right minds could call them out or whine? They whipped that a$$ this year. My guy is #2 at HMS. Cha2e is back!

Last edited:
Again, WHERE WAS I PUTTING AN ASTERISK on it? I merely observed that the 5 crew pulled off a BOSS stop in the clutch. I'm trying to give a huge compliment. I think whoever had the lead and clean air was going to be nigh unbeatable! I swear on all things holy I was NOT trying to slight Larson. I thought I was being nothing but complimentary. His crew was absolutely badass there.
If I recall, you specifically cited the #19 as the car beaten in the pit sequence, not the #9.

A driver has to get into and stay in a position where a great pit stop gets him out first. If Larson had rolled into the pits from 17th, nothing that crew did was going to win that race.

If I recall, you specifically cited the #19 as the car beaten in the pit sequence, not the #9.

A driver has to get into and stay in a position where a great pit stop gets him out first. If Larson had rolled into the pits from 17th, nothing that crew did was going to win that race.
Yeah. To my eyes, the 19 and 5 were about dead even. Larson's team straight blew the other leaders out of the water and got him the lead. Giving the best God-given talent of a wheelman the lead is usually a pretty optimal thing, as he did his part and walked away. I was trying to be gracious and complimentary. I also criticized Chase throughout the day for staying stubborn and running low all day, even when told by spotter and cc that there was more speed up top per telemetry. Chase got spanked as a result. Can't wait to see what the 5 and 9 teams do with the new car next year.

Yeah. To my eyes, the 19 and 5 were about dead even. Larson's team straight blew the other leaders out of the water and got him the lead. Giving the best God-given talent of a wheelman the lead is usually a pretty optimal thing, as he did his part and walked away. I was trying to be gracious and complimentary. I also criticized Chase throughout the day for staying stubborn and running low all day, even when told by spotter and cc that there was more speed up top per telemetry. Chase got spanked as a result. Can't wait to see what the 5 and 9 teams do with the new car next year.
I will say this. Something you and Rev have in common. You both wear the passionate fan mantle and get worked up from your bias in the heat of the moment. But you guys own that **** and can call a spade a spade. You've crapped on Larson as a competitive fan, and have also given the 5 team props this year. Heck, you have even dogged your own boy in the 9 when it was necessary (spinning at the Ville off the 2's nose for example).

To Lew's point, some of Chase's fans ARE the way he describes. Can't be objective. Are dismissive of other team's success within the organization, can't give credit where it's due, etc. They're annoying as all hell. In my opinion, you are NOT one of those fans. Like at all.

There's a difference between getting pumped/trash talking and being a full on Homer. There's a difference between having fun pounding your chest, and taking it personal.

You don't need to defend yourself here man.

But Lew is right, some of your "crew" can be tough to tolerate ;)

To Lew's point, some of Chase's fans ARE the way he describes. Can't be objective. Are dismissive of other team's success within the organization, can't give credit where it's due, etc. They're annoying as all hell.
That’s not unique to Elliott fans. Every driver has some of them. Chase is the most popular driver, so he has more of them. That makes them more visible.

That’s not unique to Elliott fans. Every driver has some of them. Chase is the most popular driver, so he has more of them. That makes them more visible.
For sure. But when the fanbase is that large, and *that* kind of fan is so frequent, whether or not it's exclusive to Elliott goes out the window, at least for me, as it's about exposure. But you're right.

I will say this. Something you and Rev have in common. You both wear the passionate fan mantle and get worked up from your bias in the heat of the moment. But you guys own that **** and can call a spade a spade. You've crapped on Larson as a competitive fan, and have also given the 5 team props this year. Heck, you have even dogged your own boy in the 9 when it was necessary (spinning at the Ville off the 2's nose for example).

To Lew's point, some of Chase's fans ARE the way he describes. Can't be objective. Are dismissive of other team's success within the organization, can't give credit where it's due, etc. They're annoying as all hell. In my opinion, you are NOT one of those fans. Like at all.

There's a difference between getting pumped/trash talking and being a full on Homer. There's a difference between having fun pounding your chest, and taking it personal.

You don't need to defend yourself here man.

But Lew is right, some of your "crew" can be tough to tolerate ;)

Fair. And thanks. (I guess?) ;)

Back
Top Bottom