Cup Championship RACE thread --- Phoenix

I thought Joey was gonna slide into a win at the end…nope, flat dominated. Sliced Bread is now a two time.

This car is booty cheeks on anything at or under 1 mile. Can’t believe how much better the Xfinity and truck races were. Any new fans Chastain gained us last week are asleep or watching football

Lol Elliott's move wasn't erratic, they both went left, Ross just went left-er

I missed the part where they lowered him down on the crane from the sky restaurant so he could do the VL interview.
1667778826982.gif

Well guys...

The 22 remained a top 3 car all year and remained generally consistent from race 1 to 36. They executed all year, never lost pace, and won when they needed to. And after talking the talk all week, Logano put together a dominant championship race.

Doing so, he wins his 31st race and becomes only the 5th driver since 1996 to win more than one championship, joining Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch.

Like it or not, Logano is a pretty deserving champion this year and just cemented himself as one of the all time greats. It's weird, but it is what it is.

Glad the season is over, tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It is weird. We talk about guys who’ve done well all season long only to lose it all under this format, yet Joey has notched up two from coming alive in the playoffs. It’ll feel a little more legitimate if/when he puts together a first place season front-to-back, but it is what it is. One thing’s for sure, he executes when his back is against the wall. I’m glad this season’s over, but not because he won - because it was a bit of a mess, especially as it wore on in the second half. Driver injuries, controversies, confusing playoff circumstances (we practically had a final five today.) Just a weird season overall. Hopefully improvements will be evident come the first quarter of next season.

The thing that is fun about Chase is that he isn't just honestly deflecting the question.

He walks a totally fine line between KB and Kenseth.

He's not just deflecting the question. He's sassily telling you "I'm deflecting this question...b****"

Sass.

It is weird. We talk about guys who’ve done well all season long only to lose it all under this format, yet Joey has notched up two from coming alive in the playoffs. It’ll feel a little more legitimate if/when he puts together a first place season front-to-back, but it is what it is. One thing’s for sure, he executes when his back is against the wall. I’m glad this season’s over, but not because he won - because it was a bit of a mess, especially as it wore on in the second half. Driver injuries, controversies, confusing playoff circumstances (we practically had a final five today.) Just a weird season overall. Hopefully improvements will be evident come the first quarter of next season.
His season this year was a lot like Elliott's in 2020. He had A LOT of speed all year long.

And the 9 team fell off a cliff in terms of pace this year...and really never had WINNING pace all the time. 22 team was a top 3 car, they executed better than anyone consistently all year when it mattered.

Put together the most dominant win of the championship finale era.

He deserved it this year

I decided to go to the store at lap 150 because I wasn't entertained. Kind of odd that the final 4 weren't more competitive. These are supposed to be the four best drivers of the year and they are supposed to bring their best equipment of the year to the track. Neither appeared to be the case.

Sucks it’s the end of another season; was full of up and downs but it wasn’t all negative. We had some really good racing (both the races I went to were great) and some terrible but that’s how it goes sometimes.
As always it’s a pleasure to talk with you all through out the season.
Until next season !

Another season in the books, my 5th here on the boards. Not my favorite season of recent memory, let’s hope the car gets worked out in the off-season. Will be cheering for that 5 to go scorched earth next year, but that’s the fun part…. a new season will be here before you know it

I decided to go to the store at lap 150 because I wasn't entertained. Kind of odd that the final 4 weren't more competitive. These are supposed to be the four best drivers of the year and they are supposed to bring their best equipment of the year to the track. Neither appeared to be the case.
The champion won the race at least

I think NASCAR is in a transition period with drivers and talent. The stalwarts are getting up in age….KB, Harvick, Truex, Kez, Hamlin are near the end. Joey is kind of one of the few dominate drivers entering his prime with Larson and Chase right there too. Tons of young talent out there but makes for more inconsistencies in the playoffs. Expect to see Joey for another 6-8 years at his best.

Still cannot get over how disinterested the crowd was when Logano climbed out of that car.
Kinda hard for him to climb the fence with his kid in one arm and his wife in another. Of course the ABC crap show cutting the time short that Logano was aware of also, so he didn't spend hours spinning around in circles so there was a little bit of interview time for some of the other drivers.

I think NASCAR is in a transition period with drivers and talent. The stalwarts are getting up in age….KB, Harvick, Truex, Kez, Hamlin are near the end. Joey is kind of one of the few dominate drivers entering his prime with Larson and Chase right there too. Tons of young talent out there but makes for more inconsistencies in the playoffs. Expect to see Joey for another 6-8 years at his best.
Agreed. He’s only like what, 35? Hell of a talent with great team and secure sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom