Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Sums it up well

I thought it was good because it wasn't too much different from what Atlanta often is. I've seen a lot of reaction on Twitter and reddit, though, that it wasn't far enough in the opposite direction and cars eventually separated after 10-15 laps into a run. Seems like some people just want IROC everywhere. Hopefully that's not what Las Vegas is like.

Overall this Atlanta race is like many before gruops that seemingly dominate and then a incident of some sort with one or two in that group and the whole group fades and another group forms. The Track is tough on tires, Tire managers seem to win.

To not give any credit at all for JJ winning those championships is unreal. The 48 team is rebuilding. If it was all Chad why did he go winless last year too?

Most posters on here like to have an intelligent conversation about racing which you 1.) know very little about 2.) All your posts consist of “I told you he’s washed up!” “It was all Chad” or some variation of saying JJ is washed up which yeah may be true but you leave out the fact that HMS has not been itself for some time now while totally disregarding the fact that JJ is one of the best drivers ever. You can make the case for it’s all Chad, but you always fail to understand someone has to drive the car Chad set up and that was JJ.

giphy.gif

Lmao. I love this. All That I said above is here for everyone to see. I’m done here.

I think you could do almost anything to these cars and they'd run pretty similar at Atlanta. When the surface is that bad you're kind of at the mercy of the track.

Watching cars that dominate out front also not be able to pass the 25th fastest car in traffic while not using any brake in either instance. Ugh.

Refreshing when Kurt can outduel his brother. Social media lit up with Samantha berating Kyle for not winning the race and getting $$$

I think you could do almost anything to these cars and they'd run pretty similar at Atlanta. When the surface is that bad you're kind of at the mercy of the track.

Yep. And maybe I'm just weird, but I think the wore out surface makes for a much better race. It makes the cream rise to the top. The cream today was stamped PENSKE. Those guys figured it out better than the rest of the field.

Yep. And maybe I'm just weird, but I think the wore out surface makes for a much better race. It makes the cream rise to the top. The cream today was stamped PENSKE. Those guys figured it out better than the rest of the field.
They dont have all the finishes to show for it but they were all top 5 cars for sure. A sign of things to come I hope.

They dont have all the finishes to show for it but they were all top 5 cars for sure. A sign of things to come I hope.

Blaney was bad fast until his pit blunder, Lagano looked like he had it wrapped up til he had late trouble, Kez cashed in on their letdowns. Penske was stout today. Their 1 1/2 mile program may prove to be vicious this year.

Never understand why these guys near the lead push it so much on pit road. The risk is not worth the reward. If you come out 1 position worse it’s better than losing 20.

Because every allowed tolerance is used to the max through the tech line all the way to the pit road speed. We hear about the ones that get busted, but the untold stories about teams that can push the allowances without crossing the line are the ones you have to beat. Routinely using 99.999999% of every allowed tolerance is a cumulative advantage every team should want.

Because every allowed tolerance is used to the max through the tech line all the way to the pit road speed. We hear about the ones that get busted, but the untold stories about teams that can push the allowances without crossing the line are the ones you have to beat. Routinely using 99.999999% of every allowed tolerance is a cumulative advantage every team should want.

Yup, when they showed how Almirola lost the lead to Larson coming off Pit Road -- it can change the race for a team, but so can penalties.

Aric's restart lane sent him backwards...

Martin my boy but Boi if you had the best car why didn’t you lead any laps or win
I can't get on board with his post-race complaints about lapped cars. He was there. He was there with two to go. Martin was too friendly, yet again. He should have eased Brad out of the way when he had that opportunity, but MTJ didn't take it. Frustrating.

Cry baby truex complaining like always.. saying he got held up by other cars smh that’s why they out there to RACE! He should be the last one to talk.. he won a championship because Kyle got held up by Joey
He’s gonna fit right in with his new team and mates....

Ford got their first victory with their new body much faster than Chevy with the Camaro.

Think it shows it’s much more at play than the shape of the nose. It’s all under the cars and in the rear.
Didn’t a Chevy win Daytona last year?

I've noticed over the years that when a driver is coming off an illness, they tend to do better in the race.

I can't get on board with his post-race complaints about lapped cars. He was there. He was there with two to go. Martin was too friendly, yet again. He should have eased Brad out of the way when he had that opportunity, but MTJ didn't take it. Frustrating.
MTJ was scared Brad would beat him up. MTJ is the biggest wuss in NASCAR history.

Whats he talking about?
Apparently Alan has scoring data & photos that show the 9 beating the 1 to the line, which would have allowed Chase to come out on the lead lap and the chance to get 4 fresh tires before the green. Instead Race Competiton ruled that he did not beat the 1 and went out a lap down with only 2 fresh tires.

Back
Top Bottom