Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

If only Richard had some A- to B+ equipment for Harvick during the RCR days
Richard gave harvick the best he had, and at times they were pretty strong. But the Hendrick, roush, and Gibbs cars were just on another level most times. I don't think anyone realized how much better harvick was than his equipment till he stepped into the 4.

Well I went away to start the grill and what happened to Bubba?! Is he okay?!
he basically either had a seizure or passed out during an interview on live tv. The question was painfully patronizing to start with, then it got scary.

I'm glad he is headed to the hospital. I've never seen a driver have a reaction like that.

Seem it with narcolepsy. This seemed just like one of those episodes.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Good Gatorade story:

Keith Jackson (the storied college football announcer a couple decades ago) did a commercial where he said the Florida Gators had a secret weapon in a big game - Gatorade - which was from a nutritionist at UF. he said on the commercial how Gatorade gave the Gators the energy they needed to win the game.

Later I saw an interview with one of the players and he said nobody actually drank it - it tasted like p!ss. They just poured it out and drank water. Still, once they added a bunch of sugar to it - it got popular :biggrin:

Athletes. An average heart rate of 147 for four hours... That's ridiculous.

Sports Science has an older, but enlightening, video about Denny Hamlin’s metrics during a race. It’s insane.

These drivers do not go through the outward physical stress that other athletes do, but the stress on the upper body muscles, heart, lungs and nervous system to control internal temperature is hellish. I played university soccer and went through extreme conditioning and experienced the most up to date hydration methods. I wouldn’t want to go through what these drivers do.

As shown by Bubba, even the smallest error or miscalculation in pre-race prep can have awful effects.

Maybe it’s the chicken nuggets :sarcasm:

As shown by Bubba, even the smallest error or miscalculation in pre-race prep can have awful effects.

Yeah ChexOrWrex , from what I have been told if a person isn't properly hydrated to begin with, it's almost impossible to "catch up" once the game or race is ongoing.

Yeah ChexOrWrex , from what I have been told if a person isn't properly hydrated to begin with, it's almost impossible to "catch up" once the game or race is ongoing.
Other sports have strings of players if others need medical support. Drivers of course have no back up. If they start feeling ill they have to make the decision to forfeit or push on and hope for the best.

Good Gatorade story:

Keith Jackson (the storied college football announcer a couple decades ago) did a commercial where he said the Florida Gators had a secret weapon in a big game - Gatorade - which was from a nutritionist at UF. he said on the commercial how Gatorade gave the Gators the energy they needed to win the game.

Later I saw an interview with one of the players and he said nobody actually drank it - it tasted like p!ss. They just poured it out and drank water. Still, once they added a bunch of sugar to it - it got popular :biggrin:
Vitalyte is a good product.
When I was a young kid racing the World Mini Grand Prix a guy approached a bunch of us to try his product and give him feedback on how quickly we recovered after the race. I still remember his name. Bill Gookin. Who could forget that name? He called his product Gookinaid. For obvious reasons, it didn’t sell very well until he changed the name to Vitalyte.
It’s like Gatorade without all the crap you don’t need.

Other sports have strings of players if others need medical support. Drivers of course have no back up. If they start feeling ill they have to make the decision to forfeit or push on and hope for the best.

Or...or, they can give the driver a water bottle at the next pit

This has happened before with Bubba post race Hasn’t it? Like at least a couple times before? I remember him being asked about it and he seemed like it was a. Pretty common event?

Or...or, they can give the driver a water bottle at the next pit

The problem is - just drinking water doesn't fix things immediately. It takes time for your body to process things. That is why the top level football teams and basketball teams keep IV equipment and a Doctor handy in the "locker" room.

It is the fastest way to re-hydrate.

Keith Jackson (the storied college football announcer a couple decades ago) did a commercial where he said the Florida Gators had a secret weapon in a big game - Gatorade - which was........

Anybody remember Gatorade gum?

Damn sh*t was like heroin for kids, best flavor ever but it only lasted like 2 minutes so you’d need another fix.

I'm surprised Harv hasn't won more Cup races at this place over the years, but he's making up for the ones that got away now, lol.

why they even interview 21st place driver
Same reason they’d interview you if tens of thousands of potatoes had been demonstrating in cities around the nation and all over the world every day and night for the pst two weeks.

That’s my best guess.

You don't really need anyone to answer that question do you? He could have came in last today and they would have interviewed him.
some kind of conspiracy going on, any other fainters being interviewed?

some kind of conspiracy going on, any other fainters being interviewed?
NASCAR got the attention they were looking for. They made the news here on the Westcoast with Bubba. The news didn't mention anything about the race but they showed Bubba before the race and then when he was being treated for exhaustion and dehydration after the race.

Man, the things these guys have to do to represent brands.

All of that Coke after a race is ridiculous. Let these guys get some water, then have the coke afterwards. I hope Bubba is alright man.

I used to be in 90+ degree all afternoon in that double layer fire suit and I would drink NOTHING but Diet Coke. I don't like water out of a bottle and I HATE sports drinks. Gatorade tastes like diluted antifreeze to me.

I used to be in 90+ degree all afternoon in that double layer fire suit and I would drink NOTHING but Diet Coke. I don't like water out of a bottle and I HATE sports drinks. Gatorade tastes like diluted antifreeze to me.
Just give me water or Pedialyte at that point.

I enjoy a good soda every now and then, but it dehydrates the hell out of me if I'm working outside or something.

Yes ... I'm surprised the people sitting in the 125 degree cokpits of the cars, hearts hammering at high rpm while wearing their triple layer firesuits, Nomex underwear and a helmet sock don't suck on Coke all day long.

Jeezus.

Back
Top Bottom