Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Larson holding em off for now. Real interesting to see if Cliff can keep up with the changing track conditions.

His only real flaw as a CC. Awesome in every other category.

18 is the only car with anything for them, and is gonna win this race, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

she's pretty good at it

I spend a lot of time at Lake Havasu and she is very good. I have been working around Leah as far back as when she was driving the nostalgia f/c for Steve Plueger.

Good to see that when I walk in and finally turn on the race the 9 is getting sandwiched/damaged while his teammate dominates. Unsure why I bothered turning it on at all. 🤣

Man, this 5 team is probably legit huh.

Trackhouse and 23XI are having great days.

Hopefully, they can both position themselves for top 10s today, both Saurez and Wallace are running really good times.
A top 15 for Trackhouse is great. A top 15 for 23XL is under performing, IMO.

Both are brand new teams.

Stop getting caught up in the hype of Jordan being behind the team. Realize, Bubba signed the contract and 23XI didn't even have an official shop yet.

Trackhouse in the same boat of new moving pieces, heck even Hamlin admitted last week its going to take time.

Not sure if anyone else can pick up on this but Larson is running the Jimmie Johnson 1.5mile line in turn 1 where he turns in late and takes forever to settle into the bottom.

Has them covered today it looks like. Really impressed.

I completely agree here. Bubba has some solid stuff. Team needs to gel but he should be pushing top 10s.

Last week's race was a mistep, should have been a top 10.

Geez, the team has five complete races under its belt.
I don’t think a team with that level of funding should be feeling great about top 15s. They should be fighting for top 5s and 10s. They may adjust it to be there at the end.

I don’t think a team with that level of funding should be feeling great about top 15s. They should be fighting for top 5s and 10s. They may adjust it to be there at the end.
Yeah, I think the standards are higher for 23XI because they’re not a new team so much as a 5th JGR car. Change my mind.

Yeah, I think the standards are higher for 23XI because they’re not a new team so much as a 5th JGR car. Change my mind.
I'm with you here as well.

Larson is this year's 2008 Carl Edwards.

Three HMS cars in the top 5 would be a nice finish no matter which one crossed the line first.

That's twice Truex has bogged people up there, yikes.

They are the new LFR.

It's an independent team with its own vision that Hamlin and Jordan have. Yes, they have TRD/Toyota ties, however look at the turn around LFR had the last 3/4ths of last season.

I expect the same thing here in being able to compete consistently in the top 12 later on. Right now, they are piecing together races bit by bit. If, I'm saying this race 25 onwards, that might be a problem.

Your mind, your standards. I don't expect to change them.

Bubba has done better than he did in the first five races of any season in his career, and the #23 is doing better than any 'fifth JGR team' since Furniture Row closed up.

I'm happy with consistent improvement.

Stop getting caught up in the hype of Jordan being behind the team. Realize, Bubba signed the contract and 23XI didn't even have an official shop yet.

Trackhouse in the same boat of new moving pieces, heck even Hamlin admitted last week its going to take time.

23XI has far and away the better resources and money. Basically a 5th JGR car with knowledge and molding from Denny Hamlin and funding from Jordan, among other big name sponsors. That’s why I said that a top 15 for them shouldn’t be a “great run”. One race at a time, but I hope they are eventually fighting for wins and feeling underwhelmed with a top 15. “No more excuses” has been Bubba’s motto.

Trackhouse on the other hand has top 15 expectations with some surprises here and there. Today so far is a “great run” for them.

Why would they not just take the time to tape the damn thing down right there

This week's tin foil conspiracy - it's helping.

You read it here first.
They'll make it work. Good drivers and good teams make decisions to make the most of the worst.

He needs to stay on the lead lap though. He's about 7 seconds ahead of Larson.

The 18 is the only car on the long run that is as good as the five. The end of stage one and now here he's been holding a pretty steady gap to Larson while he stretches out the field.

Back
Top Bottom