Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Well one of the brothers got to bring home a piece of the track

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't believe Kyle was so darn hearted that his brother won the race
and punched his ticket to the playoffs.
Kurt has come along ways from his suspension for bad behavior and truly seems to be a very nice person now.
Kyle is only nice when he wins.

LMAO at the guys whining about Ross Chastain not rolling over when the leader was coming from behind. Chastain is in complete alignment with NASCAR culture to race like Hell to stay on the lead lap. And he didn't do any dirty blocking or anything dodgy. He merely drove like he drives every lap of every race. SMH.

In fact, Chastain would lose my respect if he pulled over to park it like Andy and Chex and Bobby Ford want him to do. There is even a formal NASCAR rule that requires him to fight for his best possible finish... which requires him to strive for remaining on the lead lap. I suppose you guys are among those who also whine when Ryan Newman drives hard for every spot.

LMAO at the guys whining about Ross Chastain not rolling over when the leader was coming from behind. Chastain is in complete alignment with NASCAR culture to race like Hell to stay on the lead lap. And he didn't do any dirty blocking or anything dodgy. He merely drove like he drives every lap of every race. SMH.

In fact, Chastain would lose my respect if he pulled over to park it like Andy and Chex and Bobby Ford want him to do. There is even a formal NASCAR rule that requires him to fight for his best possible finish... which requires him to strive for remaining on the lead lap. I suppose you guys are among those who also whine when Ryan Newman drives hard for every spot.
no where close to "don't pass him Jones" from last year.

In fact, Chastain would lose my respect if he pulled over to park it like Andy and Chex and Bobby Ford want him to do.
You pulled that out your ass, at no point did I say anything like that.

Maybe you should have listened to Chastain’s radio, he wasnt racing for position. He was specifically wanting to know where Kurt needed him.

I’m all for tail end guys racing to keep their laps, but when it’s realistic. There was 25 laps to go and the two leaders were running much faster than Ross, he was going to be lapped anyway. His battle was with the next closest car infront of him to remain eligible for the free pass. I like Ross and I like his eagerness to take risks, and a lot of his risks are calculated but boy is he bad at math. Today was one of those. With 25 laps to go and with a much slower car, you let the leaders race themselves for the win, you don’t intervene.

This is only going to hurt Ross in the long run and Kyle probably isn’t the best person to piss off on the track.

Lack of respect. Not to mention, he wasn't fighting to stay on the lead lap, he was deliberately holding Kyle up so his teammate could pass him. Not as blatant as Richmond 2013 but it was manipulation, and if JGR teammates did that crap, the fans would be so irate NASCAR would probably launch an investigation. Since it all seems to be about pleasing Twitter these days.

It was wrong. And it always pisses me off when lapped cars show blatant disrespect to others. One day Ross will be leading and fighting lapped traffic and he'll be pissed off if he loses the race the same way.
It’s all apart of the deal, **** happens. Ross did nothing wrong.

LOL.

The fans lost their collective ****** minds when Newman held MattyD up at Bristol allowing Hamlin to get past.

Also, Newman does it to stay on the lead lap or not get passed. Chastain did it to hold up a car so his teammate could drive by. There's a huge difference.
Remember when he blocked Elliott for several laps at Dover and allowed KyBu to catch and pass him? Good times.

Where is the guy that posts all the stats the day after the race? This is two weeks now I havent been able to use my "We looked it up so you dont have too. The Countdown has hit Zero. Green Flag next on TNT.... we know Drama!" spiel...... it was becoming a part of my Monday Mornings.

Where is the guy that posts all the stats the day after the race? This is two weeks now I havent been able to use my "We looked it up so you dont have too. The Countdown has hit Zero. Green Flag next on TNT.... we know Drama!" spiel...... it was becoming a part of my Monday Mornings.
Ha. I feel like I haven't quite found my place after the Racing-Reference comments shut down, but I'm still around.

Plus, every race is different. Sometimes stats just jump out at me, while other times, there isn't much that's interesting about the finishing order.

Ha. I feel like I haven't quite found my place after the Racing-Reference comments shut down, but I'm still around.

Plus, every race is different. Sometimes stats just jump out at me, while other times, there isn't much that's interesting about the finishing order.
I like the facts you find. Honest. I'll read your post and I'll learn something new each time.

I like the facts you find. Honest. I'll read your post and I'll learn something new each time.
Thanks, I appreciate that!

One more reason I neglected to include in my last reply is simply that my interest in NASCAR continues to fade, although that's been going on for quite some time. I love to re-watch races from the late '90s and early '00s, while I rarely watch present-day races. Still, I remain interested in following stats (I'm a math teacher and I've always loved working with numbers), and I've also been curious to see how all the new tracks would fare this season. So I continue to casually follow the sport, though not nearly as intensely as I once did.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

One more reason I neglected to include in my last reply is simply that my interest in NASCAR continues to fade, although that's been going on for quite some time. I love to re-watch races from the late '90s and early '00s, while I rarely watch present-day races. Still, I remain interested in following stats (I'm a math teacher and I've always loved working with numbers), and I've also been curious to see how all the new tracks would fare this season. So I continue to casually follow the sport, though not nearly as intensely as I once did.
With you there. YouTube is great for older races, during the height of Covid last year I watched most of the 1986 season. Quality wasnt too bad.

Hey Ladies and gents, I didn’t know you can get weekly race breakdowns with this guy. Who wouldn’t want a Monday evening breakdown with Playoff points, race recaps and more things to yell about

Back
Top Bottom