Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

You’ve answered your own question.

Chastain took Kyle’s air away and absolutely destroyed his momentum. Only reason Kurt had a chance. He went from trailing by half a second to being in the lead in one turn and a straight. Please.
He was faster, and was 1.2 seconds back after pit cycles. He was running Kyle down. How do you know the 1 wouldn't have passed him without the 42? He never got close enough to make a move.

I'm just suggesting that he probably gets around him even without the 42, because he gained 0.7 on Kyle before even getting to Chastain.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This reminds me of when Jeff Gordon held off Jimmie Johnson at Atlanta ironically and the fans cheered him on.
I did too lol.

But I'm mainly just talking about how he composes himself.

This reminds me of when Jeff Gordon held off Jimmie Johnson at Atlanta ironically and the fans cheered him on.
Why is it ironic? Jeff had been one of the most popular drivers in the sport for years and years, gave the crowd and great show after a rain delay, and held off one of the most unpopular drivers to win. That was a very popular win.

Who is the silver fox?
7fc012a406ace590b217d8de7fb6b55a.jpg

Why is it ironic? Jeff had been one of the most popular drivers in the sport for years and years, gave the crowd and great show after a rain delay, and held off one of the most unpopular drivers to win. That was a very popular win.

The irony is both of these coming at Atlanta.

Gordon was popular but that was the day a lot of Gordon haters, fed up with Super Jimmie's Reign of Terror, became Gordon fans.

He's talking about it being at Atlanta, just like today ;)

How do you know the 1 wouldn't have passed him without the 42? He never got close enough to make a move.
Answering your own questions again. He never got close enough until Chastain chose to be Kyle’s anchor instead of letting the two fastest cars battle it out by themselves.

The irony is both of these coming at Atlanta.

Gordon was popular but that was the day a lot of Gordon haters, fed up with Super Jimmie's Reign of Terror, became Gordon fans.
I was never a Gordon hater, was neutral during most of his career, but from 2008-2010 I hated Johnson. So that was sort of..."the villain is vulnerable" kind of moments.

I came around late 10' on Johnson though, because I didn't want Hamlin to win a title before Carl Edwards. And I didn't want Harvick to win a title before Edwards, given their scuffle in 2008. I was young ;)

Answering your own questions again. He never got close enough until Chastain chose to be Kyle’s anchor instead of letting the two fastest cars battle it out by themselves.
Okay, so you're issue is that THIS is what gave Kurt the win, rather than inevitably catching and passing him.

I was under the impression you are saying that Kurt wouldn't have caught him, or passed him if not for that. Im saying that he would have.

I was never a Gordon hater, was neutral during most of his career, but from 2008-2010 I hated Johnson. So that was sort of..."the villain is vulnerable" kind of moments.

I came around late 10' on Johnson though, because I didn't want Hamlin to win a title before Carl Edwards. And I didn't want Harvick to win a title before Edwards, given their scuffle in 2008. I was young ;)

Jeff Gordon's 1998 season pissed me off more than Super Jimmie's Reign of Terror.

But you've really got to appreciate just how great both of them were. Especially that five year run of dominance from Darth Johnson.

Okay, so you're issue is that THIS is what gave Kurt the win, rather than inevitably catching and passing him.

I was under the impression you are saying that Kurt wouldn't have caught him, or passed him if not for that. Im saying that he would have.

Dude, even you posted these two less than 5 minutes apart. You don’t even have a standard lol

Kurt used his stuff up. Congrats to the 18.
It's over now. Congrats to Kurt.

I think Kurt will have a 2022 ride.
I remember watching him drive 217 into 3 on the bottom at ACS and thinking to myself, this guy has stones.

Jeff Gordon's 1998 season pissed me off more than Super Jimmie's Reign of Terror.

But you've really got to appreciate just how great both of them were. Especially that five year run of dominance from Darth Johnson.
I was too young to react to 98, I was 6 years old. I remember him winning a ton. But I didn't know anything about history, points, championship etc.

07 was the best the two of them ever were while they raced. I know a lot of fans hated it, but that season really epitomized what made each of them great in their own ways.

I also was more convinced Gordon wrapped it up after winning Charlotte, in Chase race #5, than I was in any other season, given how good Gordon was that year, and how good he was historically. At that point, Johnson was just another champion on a hot winning streak, it was a passing of the guard.

I was too young to react to 98, I was 6 years old. I remember him winning a ton. But I didn't know anything about history, points, championship etc.

07 was the best the two of them ever were while they raced. I know a lot of fans hated it, but that season really epitomized what made each of them great in their own ways.

I also was more convinced Gordon wrapped it up after winning Charlotte, in Chase race #5, than I was in any other season, given how good Gordon was that year, and how good he was historically. At that point, Johnson was just another champion on a hot winning streak, it was a passing of the guard.

I have broken bones and tattoos older than you 🤣

Even Truex almost caught Kyle. There was no way Kyle was going to win that race today.

Back
Top Bottom