Cup RACE thread --- Bristol dirt

What could he do? The only solution was to try to out run Briscoe? He was disappointed he couldn't and Briscoe was close enough to try a hail mary.
Nothing, I stated that previously.

It happened, the race is over. Tyler could have gotten mad, fought, cussed Chase out. However, they found each other and squashed it on sight.

Nothing wrong with that type of thinking.

Nothing, I stated that previously.

It happened, the race is over. Tyler could have gotten mad, fought, cussed Chase out. However, they found each other and squashed it on sight.

Nothing wrong with that type of thinking.

a lot of people understand that.

We have enough drivers that NEVER make any mistakes lol

They spent a lot less time sitting on pit road with a dirt track then they would have if it would have been on pavement. They would have had to have the dryers out for pavement, but the water just soaked into the dirt, and then it was time to go back racing again.

They spent a lot less time sitting on pit road with a dirt track then they would have if it would have been on pavement. They would have had to have the dryers out for pavement, but the water just soaked into the dirt, and then it was time to go back racing again.
Packer cars were the new jet dryers lol. I think they ran a lot of that race when it was misting a bit. That wouldn't have happened on the concrete

Hendrick put three cars in the top ten once again. Bowman in 6th was in the middle.

How the hell does a fan give Ty Gibbs **** for what he does, yet applauds Briscoe for the "ah shucks" **** he pulls. I am at a loss.

I hope they stop this garbage dirt track Cup gimmick.
This isn’t good racing at Bristol. These cars belong on concrete or asphalt, these aren’t dirt cars.

Elliott continues to lead only by 3 over Blaney

1650255441189.png

Hendrick put three cars in the top ten once again. Bowman in 6th was in the middle.
Yep, HMS had a pretty good night. I was a little surprised to see Bowman up there with the night he was having. He started out with a car that was super tight and he even spun trying to drive it and that put him back in the danger zone and sure enough the front end got knocked off of it so now it really didn't handle very well. But he never gave up and ended up with a decent finish. Last year he lost a gear in the transmission early in the race and he never gave up and came away with a pretty good finish for not having a gear. 3 out of 4 of the HMS cars in the top 5 in overall points isn't bad either. Larson could start moving up at any time once he gets on a roll. Next week will be a crapshoot so who knows how that will turnout. I just hope the HMS cars stay out of the big one so no one passes them in points.

Yep, HMS had a pretty good night. I was a little surprised to see Bowman up there with the night he was having. He started out with a car that was super tight and he even spun trying to drive it and that put him back in the danger zone and sure enough the front end got knocked off of it so now it really didn't handle very well. But he never gave up and ended up with a decent finish. Last year he lost a gear in the transmission early in the race and he never gave up and came away with a pretty good finish for not having a gear. 3 out of 4 of the HMS cars in the top 5 in overall points isn't bad either. Larson could start moving up at any time once he gets on a roll. Next week will be a crapshoot so who knows how that will turnout. I just hope the HMS cars stay out of the big one so no one passes them in points.
Larson gained 4 spots and moved into 9th with a win already. He isn't hurting. Dega is going to be a nail biter.

How the hell does a fan give Ty Gibbs **** for what he does, yet applauds Briscoe for the "ah shucks" **** he pulls. I am at a loss.
I see plenty who don’t approve of his poor attempt at a divebomb, and he went straight to Reddick afterwards to apologize.

Ty Gibbs got a taste of his own medicine not even a full week after driving through a teammate for a win and immediately threw a giant toddler tantrum, both on track during cooldown and in the pits.

Needed a run for this

I rode the pit scooter down that hill and rode a few laps around the Bristol track and then back up it and it is pretty steep. If you come in the front gate with the hauler at the Bristol facility, there is a steep hill you have to go up and over and it is a really hard pull. The other track that is like that is when you are going in the back gate at Sonoma and up a big hill that brings you down the backside of the track. What always pisses me off is that both tracks have a security guard that sits in his car just before the top of the hill and he excepts you to stop. There is no way I'm stopping a truck on either one of those hills until I get to the top. If they are stupid enough to park there instead of 20 more feet up the hill then I have no problem making them walk up the hill to me. They usually figure it out after a few of us explain it to them but then the next year there will be a different one that will do the same thing.

Kudos to Briscoe for manning up but this is exactly the mentality these young drivers now have that I hate.

“If you ain’t first you’re last”
“Just send it”
“Win at all costs”
“Do whatever it takes”
Blame the playoff format. Consistency is minimized.
I try to use all the up to date lingo and even then they are many I don’t even know.
It's not worth the trouble. You dig it, Daddy-O?
I fully expect to wake up and see this thread tomorrow: “Is Tyler Reddick Agressive Enough?”
Featuring the same people making the same comments they made in the 'Ty Gibbs Too Aggressive' thread?
What???

35 to go!
Whether I went to bed or stayed in the recliner, even without the red, I was going to be asleep before they restarted.

I see plenty who don’t approve of his poor attempt at a divebomb, and he went straight to Reddick afterwards to apologize.

Ty Gibbs got a taste of his own medicine not even a full week after driving through a teammate for a win and immediately threw a giant toddler tantrum, both on track during cooldown and in the pits.
People were going bananas before that deal. As Denny said....It isn't the move, it's who is doing it. Again, I am at a loss. The sport seems to love banging and fighting, but I wake up this morning and Reddick and Briscoe are role models. Fascinating.
Damn near won at Phoenix. You can't even say his season was anywhere near what Larson had put together

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
A damn good season regardless. That's the point.
Briscoe can take it too instead of just dishing it.
He hasn't had much payback....yet.....but probably won't. Maybe. He took a win from a really good dude who had a right to be pissed, and probably owed it to his team to be so....but ya know....role model and everything,

Well, at least he wasn't blag flagged when he drove into Reddick. He is progressing.

It isn't the move, it's who is doing it.

Well, yeah, why wouldn't it be that way? If Mark Martin made contact with someone, he was given the benefit of the doubt. If Dale Earnhardt made contact with someone, anyone who wasn't an Earnhardt fan was furious. Why do you think that is?

Like it or not, reputations are earned. Denny Hamlin isn't well liked because he has a history of douchebaggery. Likewise, Ty Gibbs has earned his reputation and it will be up to him to change how he is viewed, if he even wants to. And when you throw a punch at a helmetless driver but refuse to remove yours, yeah, I would say that's solid proof Ty deserves his reputation.

This has been explained to you time and time again when you cry about everyone being "unfair" towards Kyle Busch, so I guess I'm not surprised you still don't get it.

Well, yeah, why wouldn't it be that way? If Mark Martin made contact with someone, he was given the benefit of the doubt. If Dale Earnhardt made contact with someone, anyone who wasn't an Earnhardt fan was furious. Why do you think that is?

Like it or not, reputations are earned. Denny Hamlin isn't well liked because he has a history of douchebaggery. Likewise, Ty Gibbs has earned his reputation and it will be up to him to change how he is viewed, if he even wants to. And when you throw a punch at a helmetless driver but refuse to remove yours, yeah, I would say that's solid proof Ty deserves his reputation.

This has been explained to you time and time again when you cry about everyone being "unfair" towards Kyle Busch, so I guess I'm not surprised you still don't get it.
Great post and conversation until the last line. Your snark is BS. Reputations are based on opinions. The epitome of douchebaggery is wrecking a guy and costing him a win under a black flag. Briscoe's reputation is based on his "aw shucks' bull****--not his driving. "Explained to me"....as if I am a crossed legged kindergartener waiting to be educated here? Again, bag your snark. I am not interested. I never mentioned THE WINNER from last night, but you did. Rowdy winning every minute.

Great post and conversation until the last line. Your snark is BS. Reputations are based on opinions. The epitome of douchebaggery is wrecking a guy and costing him a win under a black flag. Briscoe's reputation is based on his "aw shucks' bull****--not his driving. "Explained to me"....as if I am a crossed legged kindergartener waiting to be educated here? Again, bag your snark. I am not interested. I never mentioned THE WINNER from last night, but you did. Rowdy winning every minute.

Don't take it so personal. It's not just you, it's every other Kyle Busch fan too. Always comparing situations that are apples and oranges. Some driver acts a certain way and the fans don't care...."If Kyle did that, everyone would be mad!" Or if Kyle does something and people complain...."If so and so did that, nobody would care!" Well, duh.

If your wife kisses you on the mouth, it's great. If your sister kisses you on the mouth, not so much. "It's not the move, it's who is doing it." Of course!

Don't take it so personal. It's not just you, it's every other Kyle Busch fan too. Always comparing situations that are apples and oranges. Some driver acts a certain way and the fans don't care...."If Kyle did that, everyone would be mad!" Or if Kyle does something and people complain...."If so and so did that, nobody would care!" Well, duh.

If your wife kisses you on the mouth, it's great. If your sister kisses you on the mouth, not so much. "It's not the move, it's who is doing it." Of course!
When did I mention Kyle Busch? ....and your last line has just gone creepy. Late night? Jesus.

So Kyle Busch has moved up to 9th on the Cup Career wins list with 60. Who’s next you might ask....glad you asked, it’s the 7 time Winston Cup Champion, Dale Earnhardt with 76. I think Busch can pass him, he’s 36 and would need only 3 wins a year (with one year of 4) for the next 5 years which he will be 41. The next one past that is Cale at 83..... and I think he might run out of steam to hit that one. It’s been an incredible career to watch, in my view pure talent wise he’s the best I’ve seen along with JG, Tony Stewart, and Larson. His brother is damn good too and might have eclipsed all KDB’s numbers if his head was screwed on straight when he went to Penske. I’ll legit be sad when Kyle decides to hang it up, he’s worth the price of a ticket.

Intentionally wrecking someone for the win isn't racing, it's a lack of sportsmanship. While I expect drivers to lean on each other in short track racing, there is a fine line between between moving and wrecking a car - sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

I think Kyle should have given the checkered flag to Reddick or Briscoe.

Expected to log on here and see a lot of Cody ware hate

To add insult to injury is the fact that Reddick got it turned around but ultimately lost the drag race to the checkers. Crazy crazy ending.

Back
Top Bottom