Cup RACE thread --- Bristol dirt

I didn't read this thread, but I'll just say that my son and I had a great time attending in person this weekend. Saturday racing was pretty good all around. The truck race Saturday night was fun watching the 99 work his way back up front. The cup race on Sunday was pretty good as well. A few things I think nascar could improve on but overall a good time. We had to tap out at the second red flag as we had a 7hr drive in front of us with a baseball tournament tonight, which ironically looks like will be rained out.

In summary I am glad we went and had the experience, however, in the furture I think I'll stick to nascar on pavement. (Yes, my son is a Hamlin fan, he loved the pajamas commercial)

20220416_161700.jpg

20220416_161642.jpg

20220417_170816.jpg

I didn't read this thread, but I'll just say that my son and I had a great time attending in person this weekend. Saturday racing was pretty good all around. The truck race Saturday night was fun watching the 99 work his way back up front. The cup race on Sunday was pretty good as well. A few things I think nascar could improve on but overall a good time. We had to tap out at the second red flag as we had a 7hr drive in front of us with a baseball tournament tonight, which ironically looks like will be rained out.

In summary I am glad we went and had the experience, however, in the furture I think I'll stick to nascar on pavement. (Yes, my son is a Hamlin fan, he loved the pajamas commercial)

View attachment 62695
View attachment 62696
View attachment 62698
Dont bother reading it. It was a B!tch fest from the usual whiners

in my view pure talent wise he’s the best I’ve seen along with JG, Tony Stewart, and Larson.
Let me know when any of them get close to these stats: 18.3% winning percentage for entire Cup career, 52.4% top 5 in Cup career starts, and 19.3% pole positions of every start. Then I might take notice as to him being in the upper echelon

Crazy finish, if I remember correctly this is not the first time Kyle stole a race like that.
Still have to give him credit for being in the right place at the right time.

Tyler is a little sore at himself because he initially was resigned after the spin that he had lost.... he did not realize how out in front both he and Chase were when he got spun. He thinks if he would have got on it after the spin, he might have still beat Kyle to the line.... he pretty much idled away from the spin until his spotter yelled at him. Might have cost him a hundred yards or so.

Reddick and Briscoe showed a HELL of a lot of maturity in their talk after the race. great Example for the young fans.

cc: Ty Gibbs
Absolutely, kids already know how to stomp their feet and throw tantrums when they don't get what they want... so anytime someone can show them some good sportsmanship is a bigger win in my eyes even if there is no trophy to show for it.

That is really hard on the drive train especially the u-joints and drive shafts. I sure hope they all had their power divider locked in.
I've walked that hill a few times hauling myself up it. I can imagine the power needed with the dirt there providing little traction...
20190817_165530.jpg
20190817_165528.jpg

That is really hard on the drive train especially the u-joints and drive shafts. I sure hope they all had their power divider locked in.
I remember when that front loader would have forks on it to lift up the back of the trailer because it would bottom out going in. I think they built these newer ones with more clearance.

I remember when that front loader would have forks on it to lift up the back of the trailer because it would bottom out going in. I think they built these newer ones with more clearance.
The newer NASCAR trailers are built with more clearance.

The Gold Rush trailer in my avatar is really low. I looked under the back of it before I started pulling it and the skid plates were about worn out, so when I was heading to the east coast I stopped at Gold Rush in PA and had them make some new ones for it. That trailer would drag coming out of some parking lots.

The Gold Rush trailer in my avatar is really low. I looked under the back of it before I started pulling it and the skid plates were about worn out, so when I was heading to the east coast I stopped at Gold Rush in PA and had them make some new ones for it. That trailer would drag coming out of some parking lots.
Thats a great sound isnt it? lol

Intentionally wrecking someone for the win isn't racing, it's a lack of sportsmanship. While I expect drivers to lean on each other in short track racing, there is a fine line between between moving and wrecking a car - sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

I think Kyle should have given the checkered flag to Reddick or Briscoe.
I don't even know what the hell you are trying to say here....

Terry Labonte and 100,000 fans would disagree with you
Honestly this (the second one, where Dale won the race) was one of my favorite moments as a kid and one of my favorite memories of Dale Sr as a fan growing up and watching it live.

Honestly this (the second one, where Dale won the race) was one of my favorite moments as a kid and one of my favorite memories of Dale Sr as a fan growing up and watching it live.
I was hoping Jimmy Spencer was going to scoot under both of them! Mr. Excitement was only able to get second.

Should have gone straight up toward the wall. Make KDB miss him or push him across the line.

Maybe not the "good" ending but certainly a better ending, imo.

It would have been fun to see Busch's post race interview if it had finished that way.

I read the first page of this thread and almost spit my coffee out. The Bristol Dirt Haters Club was SUURRREEE that the TV ratings were going to be sooooo low.
That didn't age well.
:dunce::XXROFL:

I would rather the race not be on dirt, but I sure ain't gonna loose sleep over it.
There really is no reason to lose any sleep over it anyway because there is still going to be a pavement race every year also. Everyone will be able to eat cake or pie depending on which they like...and the ones that like both get to enjoy both.

Back
Top Bottom