Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Good to see Kyle Busch win, cant wait to watch the race when I get home. IMO Busch is the best driver on the circuit now and its not even close.

Its hard to disagree atm, the best (worst thing IMHO), was when they announced the tappered spacers.

At that moment knowing that power would be reduced slightly, needing momentum through the corners... Yeah, Kyle is by far the best at it looking at all of the seat time he was getting in Xfinity and Truck series counts on momentum. Thats when the flood gates opened for Kyle, but hey it doesn't discount what he's doing right now.

Its hard to disagree atm, the best (worst thing IMHO), was when they announced the tappered spacers.

At that moment knowing that power would be reduced slightly, needing momentum through the corners... Yeah, Kyle is by far the best at it looking at all of the seat time he was getting in Xfinity and Truck series counts on momentum. Thats when the flood gates opened for Kyle, but hey it doesn't discount what he's doing right now.
I feel like on just driving talent alone, the dude is a legit contender to win the Championship each year.

I'll tell you this, Chevy has woke up after this weekend.

Better hope when the intermediates come up that they will have similar speed.

Yup. And I'll tell you this, 48 is gonna start winning again real soon

Good racing between the Kyles again. Idk what it is about Larson but I dont trust him closing out races yet

Yup. And I'll tell you this, 48 is gonna start winning again real soon

Good racing between the Kyles again. Idk what it is about Larson but I dont trust him closing out races yet

Chase had a top 5 car as well (before the accident) and honestly as a company Hendrick looked the best it has all season.

Told the HMS fans it was too soon to hit the panic button, it takes time and data... Lots and lots of data.

Well Nascar had some mess-ups as usual - but for the most part they got it right
. Idk what it is about Larson but I dont trust him closing out races yet

In this case I think his car just slowed down a bit and he got booted out of the way by a faster car - nothing new at Bristol. Larson ran a very good race - overall.

Chase had a top 5 car as well (before the accident) and honestly as a company Hendrick looked the best it has all season.

Told the HMS fans it was too soon to hit the panic button, it takes time and data... Lots and lots of data.
Was really hoping to see what Chase had in this race, sucks when it turns out like that.

He would like 6 more words with him actually

Plus another 30 words since he's out won him by that much head to head. I'll take 2005-2013 JJ as a driver over anyone active right now heads up.

Its too bad JJ is so much older than Kyle. Coulda been a really fun 1a and 1b for years.

Plus another 30 words since he's out won him by that much head to head. I'll take 2005-2013 JJ as a driver over anyone active right now heads up.

Its too bad JJ is so much older than Kyle. Coulda been a really fun 1a and 1b for years.
Jimmie never really had a 1b. Tony and Jeff were on the decline, Kyle and Kevin hadn't peaked yet.

Jimmie never really had a 1b. Tony and Jeff were on the decline, Kyle and Kevin hadn't peaked yet.

That's what I'm saying. Could have, if they were similar ages. And Kyle has been peaking for a while. You could say the "modern day Kyle Busch" came on in 2008, but he was so young. But I'd say Kyle started peaking in about 2010.

2008, 2010-Onward.

A lot of drivers peaked young..Carl Edwards did, Denny Hamlin did. Kyle did too, his youth has just kept him sustainable right now, as well as Toyota being on their game.

But I'd say as a cup driver, Kyle's improvement from 2005 vs 2008, 2009 is a much bigger gap than from now and 2008, 2009.

This has been Kyle Busch for years..a top 2 driver since then. Kyle is from the older generation of drivers, which is turning over now. He's got the Lebron James longevity and talent.

Kevin CARRIED RCR for years, so many times that 29 car was in places it should have not been.
Yea I agree with this, Kevin gave it a hell of a run in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 13. You cant help but wonder what would have been if Harv had run equipment other than RCR. Thats why I hope he runs until his late 40's early 50's he deserves one more championship.

So would Harvick
Meh...I'd definitely put JJ over Kyle, but I'd give Kyle a slight nod over Harvick. Kyle has more wins and as many championships as Harvick despite being in Cup four fewer seasons.

And I don't think the 29 was the steaming sh!tpile some make it out to be. I'd say RCR was an above average organization the whole time Harvick was there. Burton and Bowyer were also winning races at RCR during that time.

Meh...I'd definitely put JJ over Kyle, but I'd give Kyle a slight nod over Harvick. Kyle has more wins and as many championships as Harvick despite being in Cup four fewer seasons.

And I don't think the 29 was the steaming sh!tpile some make it out to be. I'd say RCR was an above average organization the whole time Harvick was there. Burton and Bowyer were also winning races at RCR during that time.

I was talking about wins this season not a history lesson.;)

That's what I'm saying. Could have, if they were similar ages. And Kyle has been peaking for a while. You could say the "modern day Kyle Busch" came on in 2008, but he was so young. But I'd say Kyle started peaking in about 2010.

2008, 2010-Onward.

A lot of drivers peaked young..Carl Edwards did, Denny Hamlin did. Kyle did too, his youth has just kept him sustainable right now, as well as Toyota being on their game.

But I'd say as a cup driver, Kyle's improvement from 2005 vs 2008, 2009 is a much bigger gap than from now and 2008, 2009.

This has been Kyle Busch for years..a top 2 driver since then. Kyle is from the older generation of drivers, which is turning over now. He's got the Lebron James longevity and talent.

To further respond to my previous point... As a driver in a cup car, talent wise and how it applies to NASCAR success Kyle Busch IS Tony Stewart without the championships but with vastly superiority longevity.

Seriously. Both average 3.2 or so wins a year. Tony has the championships, Kyle has the multigenerational sustained success.

Both have had one breakout win seasons, with "peak seasons" being 5 wins.

I also feel Tony's fall off and the incident tarnished his legacy. He was the only driver to win multiple championships during Johnson's peak years.

But yeah, I dont think you can find two more drivers who are similar in success and talent. Toss a blanket over those guys

Well...I have lost all faith in these vortexes after this weekend :mad:
Vertex is the deal, that is more Vertical than a Vortex. Nascar just needs to get with implementings some reconfigured exhaust systems, to facilitate enough the atmospheric lift.

I like u bro!! Lol
Hey ! our boy got er done !!!!!!
Only time I'm happy with a Larson choke is when Rowdy comes out on top
The Larson interview was nearly a tear jerker :lol2:
Sounds like a good day for Kyle Busch.
Chased another guy with a better car down and passed for the win ......... just like last week
Good. I never said I hated Kyle, actually a fan of his. Hes one of the few reasons I tune in each week. Just wish he drove a Chevy and not for Preacher Joe. But his talent is unmistakable.
Its thanks to him that I tune it at all

I love it ! Everything that was thrown at these drivers in the past few days and they still go out and put on a hell of a show

Back
Top Bottom