Cup RACE thread --- COTA

Most fans are excited for race day so they can watch their favorite team or driver, but not our Andy, he can hardly wait until race day so he can bash Fox the whole race from start to finish. 😉😃
He’s not wrong tbh. Fox does suck.

I just find it funny some of the people who hate Andy complaining about Fox, will turn around and do it when it’s NBC’s part of the season, and they don’t see it as being the same thing, when it literally is. Now that’s not everyone, they are some who’s annoyed by Andy who don’t bitch later in the season themselves, but the ones who do give me a good laugh because it’s like they are literally what they hate when Andy’s doing it.

IMO, no broadcast is perfect and suits everyone's taste. The old days are long gone.
I'm just grateful as hell that I have a broadcast to watch, unlike "back in the day" when I might get a few minutes of film on Wide World of Sports.
Whether anyone here likes or dislikes a broadcast makes no difference to me -- except when the bickering gets excessive.

IMO, no broadcast is perfect and suits everyone's taste. The old days are long gone.
I'm just grateful as hell that I have a broadcast to watch, unlike "back in the day" when I might get a few minutes of film on Wide World of Sports.
Whether anyone here likes or dislikes a broadcast makes no difference to me -- except when the bickering gets excessive.
Oh 100%.

I dont care if people like a broadcast or not, I'll admit in the past, I’ve said stuff to people about stop crying. But those are only the ones who have told Andy to stop crying. But I’m gonna be better about that this season, and just laugh at them in silence for being hypocritical.

The booth was pretty good today
Tbh with Fox, the booth isn’t the problem, it’s the rest of the way they broadcast tbh. Like with NBC, the booth can yes be annoying, but the rest of the broadcast is head and shoulders above Fox.

If they could somehow take the booth from Fox with the broadcast of NBC, it would be great.

Oh 100%.

I dont care if people like a broadcast or not, I'll admit in the past, I’ve said stuff to people about stop crying. But those are only the ones who have told Andy to stop crying. But I’m gonna be better about that this season, and just laugh at them in silence for being hypocritical.
Maybe you will earn your wings.

I do like that part, and hope NBC follows suit. Now if Fox could just work on their other issues.
The yellow cone lighting up the car is a great idea when illuminating the car involved in the incident sets it out and makes it easy to identify in the crowd.

The yellow cone lighting up the car is a great idea when illuminating the car involved in the incident sets it out and makes it easy to identify in the crowd.
I don’t believe I’ve even noticed what you are talking about. Can you show me?

Well, if any cars fall out he can gain more positions, which is more points.

I just find it funny some of the people who hate Andy complaining about Fox, will turn around and do it when it’s NBC’s part of the season, and they don’t see it as being the same thing, when it literally is. Now that’s not everyone, they are some who’s annoyed by Andy who don’t bitch later in the season themselves, but the ones who do give me a good laugh because it’s like they are literally what they hate when Andy’s doing it.
Well I’m not one of them so you should take that up with them. If you enjoy reading the same sheet over and over from him every week then then knock yourself out. But I would rather hear about the actual racing. You are not going to pull me into one of your back and forths like you seem to always do. This is the only post I’m doing with you on the subject. Have a nice night.

Well I’m not one of them so you should take that up with them. If you enjoy reading the same sheet over and over from him every week then then knock yourself out. But I would rather hear about the actual racing. You are not going to pull me into one of your back and forths like you seem to always do. This is the only post I’m doing with you on the subject. Have a nice night.
I never said you did man lol. My apologies if you thought I was. Jesus lol

Fox's overall coverage of Nascar is 10 times more than the competition. Fox Race Hub is on almost every day of the week at 5 my time for an hour.
Tbh that’s nothing to do with the actual race itself, which is my problem with Fox. I don’t care to watch any of that stuff there for the most part unless I know something is happening on it I care about. But anyone who does like it, I’m glad Fox gives them that. What I care about is what they do during a race, which they can be better at on some things, yes like NBC can also.

Tbh that’s nothing to do with the actual race itself, which is my problem with Fox. I don’t care to watch any of that stuff there for the most part unless I know something is happening on it I care about. But anyone who does like it, I’m glad Fox gives them that. What I care about is what they do during a race, which they can be better at on some things, yes like NBC can also.
Ya see I don't care if you don't watch it. Many do, it's on every day during the week. Hard core fans watch it. NBC has nothing and when it is their time they have a couple of clown shows on Youtube.

Ya see I don't care if you don't watch it. Many do, it's on every day during the week. Hard core fans watch it.
And I said I’m happy for the ones who do. I got other things I’m doing when those things are on. Doesn’t make anyone more or less of a fan man. Some folks just have other hobbies and interests

I’m seeing a lot of hate on this race on social media. Fact is, if they replaced the cup cars with F1 cars and they had the exact same race as today, where someone ran long and got within half a second of the dominant car at the end for the win, it would be race of the year in F1. This is as good as road racing gets.

I’m seeing a lot of hate on this race on social media. Fact is, if they replaced the cup cars with F1 cars and they had the exact same race as today, where someone ran long and got within half a second of the dominant car at the end for the win, it would be race of the year in F1. This is as good as road racing gets.
I personally didn’t enjoy it that much, and I seen some better road races. But you’re not wrong on the F1 part lol.

And I said I’m happy for the ones who do. I got other things I’m doing when those things are on. Doesn’t make anyone more or less of a fan man. Some folks just have other hobbies and interests
I can see why you like NBC, that is what they do. They do little to advance the sport besides broadcasting the race, they don't even have a full time reporter covering the series.

I can see why you like NBC, that is what they do. They do little to advance the sport besides broadcasting the race, they don't even have a full time reporter covering the series.
I wouldn’t even say that I like NBC. I just think the in race coverage is better. But I wouldn’t shed a tear if they never broadcast another race again, as long as whoever took over had good IN RACE BROADCAST. Like I honestly just don’t care to watch any type of analyst shows. WWE has some and I don’t watch those either. We both like different things and that’s fine, we don’t have to like the same stuff. Just let us who don’t like it, talk about what we don’t like, while you talk about what you don’t like during the second half of the season.

Remember that over half of adults in the U.S. read at a lower level than 6th grade. COTA was a race that required concentration and when some teams went to alternate strategies it was even more confusing unless you were paying attention.

I wouldn’t even say that I like NBC. I just think the in race coverage is better. But I wouldn’t shed a tear if they never broadcast another race again, as long as whoever took over had good IN RACE BROADCAST. Like I honestly just don’t care to watch any type of analyst shows. WWE has some and I don’t watch those either. We both like different things and that’s fine, we don’t have to like the same stuff. Just let us who don’t like it, talk about what we don’t like, while you talk about what you don’t like during the second half of the season.
Oh I thought you were complaining about that.

Oh I thought you were complaining about that.
No, my original statement was about the people who hate when others complain about things, but they themselves do it. Like I got no problem with Greg ****ting on NBC, because he doesn’t care when someone else complains. I just feel everyone should have a right to express their displeasure freely, without being told they are wrong when it’s an opinion. If Andy doesn’t like Fox, that’s his right, if you don’t like NBC, that’s your right. That’s literally all I been saying.

Here is what you said, and it's B.S. besides being passive aggressive. Then you continue to put yourself right in the middle of it but act like you don't care. Round and round with the story(s). I'm done here also. Have a good evening.

Here is what you said, and it's B.S. besides being passive aggressive. Then you continue to put yourself right in the middle of it but act like you don't care. Round and round with the story(s). I'm done here also. Have a good evening.
Yes. All that is exactly what I just said my issue was. People who complain about Andy (or any one in general) but then will turn around and complain about nbc lol. Thanks for proving my point, thank you and have a great evening.

Yes. All that is exactly what I just said my issue was. People who complain about Andy (or any one in general) but then will turn around and complain about nbc lol. Thanks for proving my point, thank you and have a great evening.
It's possible to not care for both. Lol.

It's possible to not care for both. Lol.
So, what you’re saying is, you should have the right to whine about NBC, but no one should have the right to whine about Fox? Actually no what, don’t answer that because I’m done. Unlike you ;) I actually mean it and won’t reply if you do.

Took us 1.5 hours to exit the facility. I took my burnout photo at 5:40, we got into the FM road at 7:10. Parking lot was pure gridlock, but roads clean. The. Realized what they are doing is closing the road (a 5 mile stretch from the track to TX-130), releasing about 100 cars, then re-opening the road. It prevents the road congestion/road rage, and keeps it inside the facility.

Unfortunately, that meant our Row 2 parking spot from getting there early meant most everyone else got to leave first.

Took us 1.5 hours to exit the facility. I took my burnout photo at 5:40, we got into the FM road at 7:10. Parking lot was pure gridlock, but roads clean. The. Realized what they are doing is closing the road (a 5 mile stretch from the track to TX-130), releasing about 100 cars, then re-opening the road. It prevents the road congestion/road rage, and keeps it inside the facility.

Unfortunately, that meant our Row 2 parking spot from getting there early meant most everyone else got to leave first.
Was the race fun in person? I never been to a road course before, anything exciting happen in the area you was in?

I made the same mistake at Darlington last year. They did the same thing. I didn’t move for almost 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom