Cup RACE thread ---- Darlington

Fun race from the grandstands but damn there ain't no breathing room in them. Pretty drunk and satisfied with the finish, ain't got to listen to my old lady's mouth after her driver choked with a couple laps left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love Kyle Petty. Not gonna go along with NBC's phony hollywood BS.

This man led like 200 laps.

BRUH.
"BRUH" I was simply answering his question, no where did I interject a personal opinion , I was not saying anything bad about MTJ, so thanks for playing though, no consolation prize for you :D

I think you and that KTM dude are twins, both want to make issues out of nothing

NASCAR dodged a bullet.

IF KyBu won -- he ruins the weekend for everyone honoring himself instead of paying homage to those that help build NASCAR. Poo-poo-ing others for participating in the Throwback Theme in one of the best NASCAR weekends of the year.

Several strategies playing out at the end where everyone in the house could see -- a nice long green flag run (a caution would've been more entertaining) for the final chase. MTJ pushing to the very limit of his car in full race mode.

Hamlin "driving his butt off" back from his mistake, totally deserving of that win.

Great race!

NASCAR dodged a bullet.

IF KyBu won -- he ruins the weekend for everyone honoring himself instead of paying homage to those that help build NASCAR. Poo-poo-ing others for participating in the Throwback Theme in one of the best NASCAR weekends of the year.

Several strategies playing out at the end where everyone in the house could see -- a nice long green flag run (a caution would've been more entertaining) for the final chase. MTJ pushing to the very limit of his car in full race mode.

Hamlin "driving his butt off" back from his mistake, totally deserving of that win.

Great race!
So Carl and MTJ were honoring themselves for the past two years when they won? ( they were not driving a throwback) , I dont really agree with that , its not Kyle's choice, its his sponsors that make that call, so blaming him and saying he isnt honoring NASCAR is a bit of stretch.

For some weird reason I follow Samantha on Instagram and I gotta say she seems....well.... Really nice.

So Carl and MTJ were honoring themselves for the past two years when they won? ( they were not driving a throwback) , I dont really agree with that , its not Kyle's choice, its his sponsors that make that call, so blaming him and saying he isnt honoring NASCAR is a bit of stretch.
I think it is too coincidental for that to happen myself, but no way of proving it. I think it is in bad taste not to dress up for the costume party.

she would have to be a sweetheart IMO.
Lol...yep
sarcastic.gif

I think it is too coincidental for that to happen myself, but no way of proving it. I think it is in bad taste not to dress up for the costume party.
I agree, but the sponsors have the say overall, they tie the teams and drivers hands , it does suck.

could be against the preachers religion..snicker

I have no problem with some teams choosing to NOT run a throwback scheme. It may not have been their choice.

I highly doubt it. Sponsors rule.
And that is spoken for truth, sponsors get to make the rules

And that is spoken for truth, sponsors get to make the rules
but explain how everybody with the exception of the Gibbs and his satellite FRR team didn't have throwbacks and haven't last year or the year before? I would have an easier time believing Danny's Sport Clips insisted he ran a throwback than the other way around.

Don't care who you are or who you are for, DH earned this one.

"I drove my @$$ off." <- that you did, man. :)

MTJ looked like he truly had given it everything. Good effort tonight, just was not enough. 8th place with a flat tire is not something to seethe over too much.

It was sweet to see Kurt Busch in the mix. 3rd at a track that he's never really shown much flair and pace at, afaik, is an awesome race for KuBu & Co.

This was one of the best races of the year, imo.

but explain how everybody with the exception of the Gibbs and his satellite FRR team didn't have throwbacks and haven't last year or the year before? I would have an easier time believing Danny's FedX insisted he ran a throwback than the other way around
I wish I could explain it, but its above my pay grade.

Martin, you dont have to act like you are snake bitten anymore. 70 laps on tires at Darlington is impossible, come back down to Earth.

Yeah, I mean, 4 wins this season, more than anyone else out there. Not much to fuss over! :D I imagine that tally will grow a bit, too. :)

And I don't think the private lives of a driver and his wife any of our business. How they live it their business.
I doubt any of us would want total strangers speculating on what goes on in our personal lives behind closed doors.

messages and response logged to wiki

Ken was great in his day, but I'm afraid he's long in the tooth for this. It's like listening to my late Grandpa calling a race, talking about "that Jones boy", "the Mexican", etc. laughed hard over those!

My Grandma and my Uncle laughed themselves to death over "The Mexican"; I'm sorry, but I ended up joining them in their chorus. :XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::lol2::laugh:

A lot of people don't know Ken Squire. He lived racing, most of the new guys are heading home, Ken would be one of the last people leaving and the first one at the next track. Listening to him talk about racing, instead of how rough the track was a hundred times was a breath of fresh air. good article below

Squier's message should be heard
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7032093/nascar-ken-squier-worth-listening-nascar

Thank you, StandOnit --- excellent read. And I agree with everything Ken said.

I'm sorry I just can't get behind most of the things Burton thinks are so important he has to say them over and over, and the other two hardly ever have an original thought between them. Talked all night about how rough the track was, but were blubbering on about playoff points instead of focusing on tire wear or how many times both of the contenders were hitting the wall or sliding loose or tight. None of the NBCSN bunch know squat.IMO The producers, camera people, or the booth. Not one camera on corners out where most will hit the wall.

I'm sorry I just can't get behind most of the things Burton thinks are so important he has to say them over and over, and the other two hardly ever have an original thought between them. Talked all night about how rough the track was, but were blubbering on about playoff points instead of focusing on tire wear or how many times both of the contenders were hitting the wall or sliding loose or tight. None of the NBCSN bunch know squat.IMO The producers, camera people, or the booth. Not one camera on corners out where most will hit the wall.
The throwback commentators were awesome! They took up the slack for the regulars. :)

Are any of y'all seeing the stuff going on on twitter bewteen Matt DiBennidetto and Cody Ware?

Back
Top Bottom