Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

Not enough booths for them to social distance .

That's what I was thinking too, but they're at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I get there's other media at Darlington in the other booths but couldn't they just reserve a few booths for the TV braodcasters? And isn't there a media center where most or all of the journalists watch the race from? Plus I believe they are limiting the number of media members who can attend each race, unless those restrictions have been relaxed over the summer.

They’re protecting the public face of their broadcasts.

Smart.

Lol at Matty D being in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Matt D is fighting the car more than anything.

Must have taken some setup notes from Ferrari this weekend.

That's what I was thinking too, but they're at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I get there's other media at Darlington in the other booths but couldn't they just reserve a few booths for the TV braodcasters? And isn't there a media center where most or all of the journalists watch the race from? Plus I believe they are limiting the number of media members who can attend each race, unless those restrictions have been relaxed over the summer.
Its a technical issue, Charlotte has more than one booth that is set up for tv/radio use allowing them to be in their own booth, Darlington does not have that many booths set up for broadcasting.

NASCAR is still enforcing the limited people at the track.

48 lost the track a little bit. Man track position is so damn important.

48 is tight now. Let's see. Will they make it worse again?

Its a technical issue, Charlotte has more than one booth that is set up for tv/radio use allowing them to be in their own booth, Darlington does not have that many booths set up for broadcasting.

NASCAR is still enforcing the limited people at the track.

That I can certainly buy about Charlotte having more booths, but what about other tracks? They haven't been on site at any races. I'm guessing they'll be there for the Roval though. Although the Fox crew wasn't even on-site for the 600.

Speaking of Jeff's mustache, here's one of my clocks....

0906202005-864x1152.jpg

That I can certainly buy about Charlotte having more booths, but what about other tracks? They haven't been on site at any races. I'm guessing they'll be there for the Roval though. Although the Fox crew wasn't even on-site for the 600.
I believe NASCAR is not allowing them to be on site

Here is an article pertaining to NBC's part of the season dealing with Covid.( Game Creek is used for FOX as well)

Are they at CMS, or in the NBC studio in Charlotte?

As far as I'm aware, NBC announcers have been based at Charlotte Motor Speedway every NBC race this year.

During the FOX season (post-Coronavirus), FOX announcers were based at the FOX Sports studios in Charlotte instead of at the race track.

I believe NASCAR is not allowing them to be on site

Here is an article pertaining to NBC's part of the season dealing with Covid.( Game Creek is used for FOX as well)
Thank you. They’re following their own so-far successful Covid19 policy.

It’s working.

Those laps 48 was the only car running 29s. Definitely has something for the 19 if he can get close and the track position. If he gets the lead, I don't the the 19 can get by him. He's been super fast.

No Pearn looks strong, they may be hitting there stride at exactly the right time .

Back
Top Bottom