Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

Bubba is way too hard on himself. He needs to find someone to confide in because that **** isn't healthy.
He needs more than that.

Bubba seems like he has such negative thinking and intrusive thoughts.

He needs a solid 12-18 week course of evidence based CBT.

Not CBT skills, I mean like, full protocol, homework CBT.

It would help him so much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bowman’s interview was embarrassing. He basically said “no u” and complained about getting flipped off by the 99 crew chief once?
I think Daniel and others would have given him respect if he just said

"It's been a ****** season, and I took it out on the 99 and ruined his day. My bad"

So guy, do we think there were any PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS tonight?!!?? :punkrocke :rolleyes: ;)

I think Daniel and others would have given him respect if he just said

"It's been a ****** season, and I took it out on the 99 and ruined his day. My bad"

Instead he d-bagged his way through the interview.
Bonehead Award 🥇 is a toss up for Bowman/Reddick

He needs more than that.

If I were Hamlin and Jordan, I would look into some kind of intensive therapy for him in the offseason. Those kind of thoughts can't help you behind the wheel either.

Since replacing Jimmie and Chad, Kyle Larson and Cliff Daniels in their 3 seasons together have

- A championship.
- 16 wins, twice as much as anyone else, and are the only team to win at least 3 races each season
- 44 top 5s (leads the series)
- 58 top 10s (leads the series)

I still firmly believe Logano is the best driver in the series, but the 5 team has been the best team in NASCAR overall these last 3 years, despite Kyle's mistakes.

Whatever magic Jimmie and Chad left behind seems to still be there to some degree.

If I were Hamlin and Jordan, I would look into some kind of intensive therapy for him in the offseason. Those kind of thoughts can't help you behind the wheel either.
Yup. He could totally complete it in the off season, it wouldnt be disruptive to his life, and wouldn't even take the entire off season.

That kind of therapy is evidence based for a reason, and has treated people with far worse depression than Bubba.

Hope he gets help. He has talent, and should spend most of his career as a perineal playoff contender and race winner.

Whoever is in charge of the traffic pattern at darlington needs to be fired, it gets worse and worse every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. He could totally complete it in the off season, it wouldnt be disruptive to his life, and wouldn't even take the entire off season.

That kind of therapy is evidence based for a reason, and has treated people with far worse depression than Bubba.

Hope he gets help. He has talent, and should spend most of his career as a perineal playoff contender and race winner.

CBT is something that can be applied personally while guided by a therapist. I believe Bubba could help himself with the right guidance and material.

Since replacing Jimmie and Chad, Kyle Larson and Cliff Daniels in their 3 seasons together have

- A championship.
- 16 wins, twice as much as anyone else, and are the only team to win at least 3 races each season

I still firmly believe Logano is the best driver in the series, but the 5 team has been the best team in NASCAR overall these last 3 years, despite Kyle's mistakes.

Whatever magic Jimmie and Chad left behind seems to still be there to some degree.

And yet, in the first 4 out thread you said he was getting eliminated lol.

Quick, NFL starts next week, I need you to make a post saying the Titans are going 0-17 that way I can go ahead and book my flight to Vegas for the SB now.

Quick, NFL starts next week, I need you to make a post saying the Titans are going 0-17 that way I can go ahead and book my flight to Vegas for the SB now.
That was in jest lol.

I don't follow football to apply my take. Can we switch it to basketball?

Tbh look at his teammates. Byron this year and even Elliott having a championship a few years ago. I think Chad still has his fingerprints all over things and is working his magic but for all of HMS. His promotion may be one of the best things they’ve done whether I necessarily like him or not.

The Titans will play like **** and lose this year. I don’t follow football either tbh but is that good enough? ;) ;)

- A championship.

Joey is a great driver but I think Larson is better.

He needs more than that.

100%.

1693808015600.jpeg

I would take both those two over Rick. He’s so terrible. I’m sorry it’s to the point where I’m like this fella is bad at his job and I hate to do that to people when I’m just watching on the couch but I can’t stomach Rick. He’s like a wwe wrestler cutting a promo with the constant catch phrases
I dont understand why the NBC execs cant hear the same thing, he is forced and fake.

I dont understand why the NBC execs cant hear the same thing, he is forced and fake.
Trust me, they know exactly what they’re getting, which MUST be what they are asking for. @Spotter22 nailed it with his WWE announcer analogy. Apart from a screaming, banging drag race toward a bumper length finish, FAKE drama is not needed when a race concludes like these typically do.

I would take both those two over Rick. He’s so terrible. I’m sorry it’s to the point where I’m like this fella is bad at his job and I hate to do that to people when I’m just watching on the couch but I can’t stomach Rick. He’s like a wwe wrestler cutting a promo with the constant catch phrases
Rick's job as I see it is to lob softball questions that stroke gerbil Jeff so he can keep droning on and on about mostly nothing.

Rick's job as I see it is to lob softball questions that stroke gerbil Jeff so he can keep droning on and on about mostly nothing.
Gerbil Jeff, High Pitched Dale, Football Match Steve.

The Southern 500 trophy looks good with Cliff and Kyle. Makes that Hendrick blue pop.
1693836026689.jpeg

The more I think about it. I think Reddick was told too late to come down to pit road to react to Harvick. By the time it was communicated to Tyler it was too late and Tyler slowed down the way he did.

Odd, but this is why communication is important.

That's only half his job dude, you missed the other part of his job description.

Scream like a lunatic and steer away any new fans from coverage.

Anyone with any interest in sport can recognize how fake Rick's play by play is and it's enough to not take the sport seriously.

The Dale, Dale and Kyle segment was perfect. Just pure race calling.

Dale Jr is good enough to do play by play, imo

Yeah, if he can get the mental part figured out, he will win more races.

That's only half his job dude, you missed the other part of his job description.

Scream like a lunatic and steer away any new fans from coverage.

Anyone with any interest in sport can recognize how fake Rick's play by play is and it's enough to not take the sport seriously.

The Dale, Dale and Kyle segment was perfect. Just pure race calling.

Dale Jr is good enough to do play by play, imo

That's your opinion. They spent half the race talking about the rice burners, lost their minds when Hamlin pitted, spent 5 minutes afterwards talking about it, meanwhile there was a race going on. They were speechless when Larson won. Their bias is unprofessional.

Am I the only one who doesn't see any manufacturer biases in the booth from either NBC or Fox?

They talk about Toyotas some. The talk about Chevys some. And they talk about Fords some. Along with the respective teams that are performing well or experience something notable. For example RFK has been talked about a lot recently, for good reason.

That's your opinion. They spent half the race talking about the rice burners, lost their minds when Hamlin pitted, spent 5 minutes afterwards talking about it, meanwhile there was a race going on. They were speechless when Larson won. Their bias is unprofessional.
Dale Jr absolutely does not have a Toyota bias.

Wasn't everyone calling for his head for having HMS bias during the Bowman Suarez issue? Dale and Jeff were speechless because Rick Allen was screaming the entire last lap per usual, and they gave him the floor, imo.

You may be looking at it through Anti-Toyota lenses. While Dale and Burton can be obnoxious, I don't think they're biased. Especially Dale Jr.

Rick is the problem, imo.

Am I the only one who doesn't see any manufacturer biases in the booth from either NBC or Fox?

They talk about Toyotas some. The talk about Chevys some. And they talk about Fords some. Along with the respective teams that are performing well or experience something notable. For example RFK has been talked about a lot recently, for good reason.
There isn't any manufacturer bias in the booth.

Rick Allen just sucks. Dale and Jeff seem fair to me.

There isn't any manufacturer bias in the booth.

Rick Allen just sucks. Dale and Jeff seem fair to me.

That might be a bit more believable if you didn't have the 19 yota plastered above your name lol.

Back
Top Bottom