Cup RACE thread --- Daytona Road Course

8 wins at 24 yrs old he's on an unprecedented pace

til Cindric gets to cup not much competition for Chase at road courses lol

And half the time he's way premature with the call. I can't wait till he calls it early and we get a last second pass

Me and my dad talk about this all the time. Hell he was calling it on the back stretch yesterday. Cindric could have easily messed up before getting back around.

And half the time he's way premature with the call. I can't wait till he calls it early and we get a last second pass
You can forget the Chase, playoffs, the package..I still stand by my opinion that Rick Allen is the worst thing to happen to NASCAR post 2,000. He's absolutely terrible, his fakeness makes our sport look fake, and he's just an abomination.

What happened to Allen Bestwick?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My NBC just cut to news. Wtf? No victory lane?

The race finished a little over 30 minutes past the scheduled end time because of the red flag.

NBC already produced their nightly newscast, which was scheduled to air at 6:30 eastern time. If they started the newscast any later, they wouldn't have time to air all of the stories they planned.

As it is, local NBC affiliates produced afternoon newscasts for nothing. The race extended through the time that local TV stations were supposed to air local news.

He's been fortunate they've been the bigger tracks so far in their broadcast season. I could see him get burned next week at Dover, or the short tracks that are coming up yet, not to mention Daytona again in a couple of weeks where often times it's side by side to the checkered.

Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon both had 20+ wins at age 24, or close to it. 8 wins at 24 is great, and rare. Unprecedented isn't the right word.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
for gen 6 era and even CoT no one's managed what Chase has

All time roadcourse win rankings not yet updated to today. Ties him for most by an active driver and the names above are all hall of famers of some sort
Screenshot_20200816-184352_Chrome.jpg

Social media is so fickle, I guess everyone wanted a damn demo derby.

This race was great because it shows off the skill of these 39 drivers, outside of Kyle Busch's rear brake failure and the lightening strike, man I cannot laud these drivers enough with no practice to do what they did.

Bravo to everyone involved.

The race finished a little over 30 minutes past the scheduled end time because of the red flag.

NBC already produced their nightly newscast, which was scheduled to air at 6:30 eastern time. If they started the newscast any later, they wouldn't have time to air all of the stories they planned.

As it is, local NBC affiliates produced afternoon newscasts for nothing. The race extended through the time that local TV stations were supposed to air local news.
Local news was on here in upstate NY.

Local news was on here in upstate NY.

Local NBC affiliates are required to carry most national NBC programming, but they can override national NBC programming in favor of local programming on occasion.

Since many local stations had already produced newscasts for after the race, I image many local stations decided to override national NBC news with local news.

The local NBC affiliate here in Dallas-Fort Worth is one of only a few stations owned by NBC itself, so it's almost always going to air national programming over local programming if there's a conflict.

That said, back in March, the local FOX affiliate here in Dallas-Fort Worth (one of only a few stations owned by FOX itself) overrode national FOX programming (the Texas Motor Speedway i-race) in favor of infomercials. I was not happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom