Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

Good to know that we arent judging him based on his talent anymore. Now that he puts on some great runs, right when he says he’s gonna do it, he’s no longer mediocre but his personality is the problem. Meanwhile, the folks that actually know him have said that his attitude in the garage and around his teammates is always uplifting.
I’m wrong. There, I said it. Can we get back to what a ****head Chase is for the block?

Nascar making Daytona a cut off race ratcheted the race up a notch. That's the hardest racing I have ever seen at a Super. Steering wheel or trophy

You can get a nice temp buzz from that non-chlorinated brake cleaner.
Sniiffing or inhaling Silver paint imported from Russia is the shiet for a good buzz, they ain't afraid of a little led.

You know what ‘skuses like, right?
Do you disagree that cars play into things with people? A talented driver can have a **** car and not win, but a crappy driver can have a great car and not win also. IMO we not seen enough of Matt in a good car to say he can or can't win. I feel he could, you feel he can't. We need IMO a little more time to see.

Ten more chances to make the turn to VL for Matt D.

Desperation is a great motivator, as evidenced by his most recent performances.

So showing emotions is a bad thing? Got it understood. Shame we live in a world where people think that way.
You're reaching, and ironically, couldn't be further from the truth. I think emotions are wonderful. People should show their emotions. My entire career revolves around empowering and advocating those to show and deal with emotions; showing, processing and overcoming emotions to become a better self etc. I'm all for it, it's literally my livelyhood.

I'm not saying it's bad for Matty to show those feelings. I'm just saying as a fan of NASCAR, I've grown tired of seeing it so heavily prominent in a personality in my favorite televised product..especially after being so intimately exposed to it for 40 hours a week.

Being tired of how he he handles himself, and think emotions are bad are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You're reaching, and ironically, couldn't be further from the truth. I think emotions are wonderful. People should show their emotions. My entire career revolves around empowering and advocating those to show and deal with emotions; showing, processing and overcoming emotions to become a better self etc. I'm all for it, it's literally my livelyhood.

I'm not saying it's bad for Matty to show those feelings. I'm just saying as a fan of NASCAR, I've grown tired of seeing it so heavily prominent in a personality in my favorite televised product..especially after being so intimately exposed to it for 40 hours a week.

Being tired of how he he handles himself, and think emotions are bad are not mutually exclusive.

Fair enough, it's just everyone on here seems to bitch about it(which is funny in it self) and I don't get it. Dude is trying his hardest to live his dream, and when you come up short again and again(most of the time through no fault of his own) you're going to have those type of feelings. He probably holds it together way better than I could. Him being that way, it shows me he wants to win, shows me he has that fire, that desire. That's someone I like to race for me id I had the money for my own team haha.

Fair enough, it's just everyone on here seems to bitch about it(which is funny in it self) and I don't get it. Dude is trying his hardest to live his dream, and when you come up short again and again(most of the time through no fault of his own) you're going to have those type of feelings. He probably holds it together way better than I could. Him being that way, it shows me he wants to win, shows me he has that fire, that desire. That's someone I like to race for me id I had the money for my own team haha.
People here would rather root for corporate robots. Now, most people aren't this way, and that's why so few fans are actually left.

“Hey Kyle. How fake do you want this accomplishment to feel?”

Honestly, I'm super happy for him, and Blaney. But really, for Kyle.

His story has been awesome to witness, he's more or less put away every critique that stuck with him through out his cup career, and now, for the first time in his career, in elite equipment, he's probably THE favorite to win the championship.

I don't know if I am ready to make that prediction, but put me on record as a supporter for Larson to win it all this year.

Sorry Dr_B_UNC, I know we've gotten pretty chummy as of late.

Blaney is my #2 as of now

I gotcha man

Damn. Still one of Buescher's best races ever, and I'm sure he didn't have the best car. That sucks.
It has to hurt a team like that regardless. That being said rules are there for a reason just tbf, and not sure exactly what they did, so who knows.

He’s another one. Poor, poor moi.

Get a win. Then throw shade at your “team mates.”
False.

Now, Denny threw his ass under the bus big time during the 500 and Dega. Bubba does what he's asked and honestly he's not wrong.

The 19 and 20 didn't want to work with him all night, its okay if Kyle Busch says this, but now its a problem.

Ford wins more plate races because they actually work together. It's the truth, but its okay if your boss throws you under the bus multiple times from the last two races. **** a win, have some respect, especially from your protege who showed it all night.

Who wants to bet Matty D gets on social media and throws a pitty party after this?
“We were all racing for the win, so there are no hard feelings. But [Elliott] double blocked us, and we had too big a run for him to do that.”

Despite being disappointed by the outcome, DiBenedetto’s focus remained on the positives.

“No regrets,” he said. “We did everything right.

“Our Menards/Dutch Boy team should be proud. We’ll take our good momentum and go get a win.”

Back
Top Bottom