Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

I want to be really pissed at Kes, but I have to consider the fact that the 4 plate races are his only prayers at a win all year…. Then I remember he made his bed and chose this so screw him. He drove like a complete ass all day.

The drivers copped to what Kez was doing on purpose and we heard them on their radios. Kez was shoving drivers out and then dumping them and the hell with them if they spun out before that. No respect.

That is class ladies and gentlemen. How you accept the results and don’t throw anyone under the bus. He will return and WIN with class next time.
And Bubba is how you accept defeat. Didn’t throw shade, he ran a great race completely outnumbered. Didn’t make an excuse. Understandable why those 2 are buddies. Wallace is a plate racer for sure.

Hopefully Bob’s boy takes it as well as the drivers he wrecked today when it’s his turn to wreck at one of these plate races. It’d be a real shame that now since he’s a car owner himself now, both of his entries end up on a wrecker and out of the race.

Hopefully Bob’s boy takes it as well as the drivers he wrecked today when it’s his turn to wreck at one of these plate races. It’d be a real shame that now since he’s a car owner himself now, both of his entries end up on a wrecker and out of the race.
Stenhouse is one who would be up for that I bet

I’m sure Bob is pretty proud of his son. He was a pretty aggressive guy himself. Maybe Brad only has 3 more shots this year? Maybe not? This wheel controversy makes me feel pretty good that Penske and Roush have some form of alliance so maybe Roush will have a good sendoff for his next few years in the sport? I sure hope so for The Cat in the Hat. He looked like he was enjoying himself in VL on Thursday. He deserves it.

Would blaney have done it to him?
No.

I would have. Cindric is a “win at all costs” driver and other people need to race guys like that with the same approach. Daniel Hemric, who would never wreck a guy to win a race, did in the NXS Championship Race because he knew Cindric would wreck him in a heartbeat to win.

One thing I caught was They said this is Almorola’s last full time year and Preece is going to run some races for SHR. That mean Preece steps into the 10 next year?

1645410512379.png

For the Captain?

One thing I caught was They said this is Almorola’s last full time year and Preece is going to run some races for SHR. That mean Preece steps into the 10 next year?

Not necessarily, nothing announced, although Preece in the 10 would be cool

That is class ladies and gentlemen. How you accept the results and don’t throw anyone under the bus. He will return and WIN with class next time.
And Bubba is how you accept defeat. Didn’t throw shade, he ran a great race completely outnumbered. Didn’t make an excuse. Understandable why those 2 are buddies. Wallace is a plate racer for sure.
Bubba is a racer who is not in a winning team and wasn’t in a winning team at RPM.

Erik Jones, who is one of the most talented drivers in the field, showed how bad the 43 car is. Kurt Busch is going to help 23XI a lot because of his talent and experience, but I think he’s also going to show the Bubba haters and the racists that the 23 car isn’t something that “anyone could win in” as has been suggested.

Bubba is a top-15 driver.

Not necessarily, although Preece in the 10 would be cool
That’s almost exactly what it means. If Almirola gets hurt, Preece fills in. Tony is high on Preece and it’s all but official that he will replace Almirola.

Preece won’t take a demotion.

This is the guy who rejected full time rides to race with JGR for a few races because he knew he could win.

In other words, Preece knows he’s about to inherit the opportunity to win Cup races and is already putting in the work behind the scenes to make it happen.

That’s almost exactly what it means. If Almirola gets hurt, Preece fills in. Tony is high on Preece and it’s all but official that he will replace Almirola.

Preece won’t take a demotion.

This is the guy who rejected full time rides to race with JGR for a few races because he knew he could win.

In other words, Preece knows he’s about to inherit the opportunity to win Cup races and is already putting in the work behind the scenes to make it happen.

They haven’t announced anything about next year.

Personally, finishing 2nd in the race and first out of the rice burners, the hang dog drama acting that Bubba was doing was a bit much for me. I think he would have attracted more bees with honey than vinegar

I tried to respond to a response that I “didn’t know how to take sarcasm“? Didn’t catch the author but what sarcasm did I miss? I was giving Wallace some credit for how he responded (opposed to a KyBu response) with a hard fought 2nd? Wtf?

They will get it figured out. Only issue I saw and it was minor unless it was your car.
I was referring to how Nascar is going to issue penalties for teams trying to avoid problems, after what we witnessed today.

Cendric is going to be tough this year I think, He's a Rookie with a 500 win, he's already in the playoffs so no pressure there, and he qualifies for All Star race next year. Boom, just like that.

It was an exciting finish. I was cheering for all of the drivers who had a chance. It looked like the cars could move through the field and the leader couldn't block the field like the old car. I thought Kez was driving like Stienhouse used to drive.

It was an exciting finish. I was cheering for all of the drivers who had a chance. It looked like the cars could move through the field and the leader couldn't block the field like the old car. I thought Kez was driving like Stienhouse used to drive.
Stenhouse rubbed off on him lol. I enjoyed the heck out of the race. They sure were able to make moves. The car looked real stable and the draft wasn't as big a deal as the old car I thought.

I think Kez was driving like he thought they could handle it. Be interesting to see how he handles it when the tables are turned. This is a whole different animal than when he made the proclamation he “wasn’t going to lift for bad blocks”.

Seemed to me that Kez wasn't pushing, he was bumping all over the back of the cars. He wasn't trying to lock on but instead he was bumping the heck out of them. I didn't see anybody else doing that, maybe they were but I didn't see anybody doing it that way

Cendric is going to be tough this year I think, He's a Rookie with a 500 win, he's already in the playoffs so no pressure there, and he qualifies for All Star race next year. Boom, just like that.

Cindric has come along way the last 5 years. Started as a wrecking ball with road racing talent. Worked on his oval craft, won an Xfinity championship and now a Daytona 500.

He’s a good young race car driver. He’s also locked in with maybe the best owner in the garage and poised for success going forward. Cindric will be a contender for a while.

Back
Top Bottom