Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

I stand corrected. Guess I was so upset at what had happened that these old eyes couldn't grasp all that was going on.

No Blaney interview? Maybe he feels like I do.

My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Now I have no theory for Fox's obsession.
Don't feel bad I don't get the obsession the youngsters here have about discussing fox thru out the whole race thread. Andy I can understand because he is always obsessed with the broadcasting. ;)

Even with his numerous bonehead mistakes today, proud of Brad and the RFK boys this week. Got a couple duel wins and both cars were fast all week. Looking forward to seeing how they grow
Same here. Brad still had a shot at it till he and Briscoe got split up. Still I think RFK will have a good year.

I stand corrected. Guess I was so upset at what had happened that these old eyes couldn't grasp all that was going on.

No Blaney interview? Maybe he feels like I do.
No there was not a Blaney interview that aired, if they did one it will be on Race Hub this week sometime.

Don't feel bad I don't get the obsession the youngsters here have about discussing fox thru out the whole race thread. Andy I can understand because he is always obsessed with the broadcasting. ;)
I bailed, it went straight to stupid. Misery loves company. They seemed to be more concerned with anything but the racing. Without much for moderation it is what it is.

I called it Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No, you didn't. Toney Stewart and Clint Boyer did. But you had already lost your creditability when you said Elliott is the only one at HMS that knows how to plate race. :D

Last edited:
Well, everyone hating on Brad take solace that his first race out of the 2, the 2 got it done.
And I’m not jumping on that bandwagon…yet. Lol. It’s a Ford

No there was not a Blaney interview that aired, if they did one it will be on Race Hub this week sometime.
He did one on Sirius. Didn't really have much to say

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thought Bubba won and every time I see a replay I still thought he won. Never can figure out when the yellow light or loop or whatever they use declares who is actually the leader.
You can see it here, but not when they were doing 180+ Bubba was knocked down below the yellow line, no foul

1645404642608.png

I bailed, it went straight to stupid. Misery loves company. They seemed to be more concerned with anything but the racing. Without much for moderation it is what it is.
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I usually just check in from time to time to see if there is anything interesting and then come back and read the whole thread after the race is over.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I usually just check in from time to time to see if there is anything interesting and then come back and read the whole thread after the race is over.
I don't even do that, much better listening to the good stuff from the booth than the childish nonsense that don't have a damn thing to do with racing lol.

Good race. I enjoyed the whole race. Few issues with the new car(wheels?) but overall thought it performed well. No issue with Cindric doing what he needed to do at the end, and thought he ran well all day. Also thought KB ran a smart race after early damage and got a decent finish. Looking forward to the season.
I'm thinking NASCAR will be announcing some updated suspension parts, primarily heavier rear toe-links. Maybe make them out of steel, I suspect the aluminum stuff just breaks. We will see next couple days on Twitter.

For God's sake, sing HMS praises, and they are nowhere to be found on race day! Nowhere. Shocking, really. Time for a new car IMO.

For God's sake, sing HMS praises, and they are nowhere to be found on race day! Nowhere. Shocking, really. Time for a new car IMO.
No worries the Chevy teams are just strategically waiting to use the special draft vacuum fans that Nascar has given exclusively to them. It is better to introduce them slowly and have them fully in use by the 600.

It will even allow Chevys to put a reverse draft on the Toyotas and Fords. They just have to line up behind one of them and turn the reverse vacuum on to pull the targets speed down.

I didn't realize it until someone on Sirius brought it up so I went back and watched the replay.

Not only did the 2 put the 12 in the wall he also knocked the 23 down below the double yellow. Man talk about taking the whole track

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

:dunce:

Brad Keselowski — Finished ninth: “I thought down the backstretch we were going to win the race and just the 12 (Blaney) and the 2 (Cindric) got a really good push from the 23 (Wallace) and basically cleared our lane and then our lane kind of broke up there at the end. It was really close, just green-white-checkers. (What happened in the crash with Harrison Burton) “I was just pushing and it just turned sideways and spun immediately out. I don’t know what happened there. It was a shame to see it. I hate it for him. I was trying to help him win the stage and certainly didn’t want to see him spin out.” (And with Ricky Stenhouse Jr.?) “The same thing. I was just pushing. We weren’t even all the way up to speed, so I feel like it was a crazy time to be pushing, but obviously the results say different. Whenever somebody spins out obviously there’s somebody over aggressive, but in the moment I didn’t (feel aggressive). (On seeing his former car win) “I’m happy for them. There’s a great group of people over there and they deserve all their success.”

:dunce:

Brad Keselowski — Finished ninth: “I thought down the backstretch we were going to win the race and just the 12 (Blaney) and the 2 (Cindric) got a really good push from the 23 (Wallace) and basically cleared our lane and then our lane kind of broke up there at the end. It was really close, just green-white-checkers. (What happened in the crash with Harrison Burton) “I was just pushing and it just turned sideways and spun immediately out. I don’t know what happened there. It was a shame to see it. I hate it for him. I was trying to help him win the stage and certainly didn’t want to see him spin out.” (And with Ricky Stenhouse Jr.?) “The same thing. I was just pushing. We weren’t even all the way up to speed, so I feel like it was a crazy time to be pushing, but obviously the results say different. Whenever somebody spins out obviously there’s somebody over aggressive, but in the moment I didn’t (feel aggressive). (On seeing his former car win) “I’m happy for them. There’s a great group of people over there and they deserve all their success.”
Brad sure screwed up Byron and Bowmans day. At least Bowman was able to keep going and finish the race.

Back
Top Bottom