Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

Doesn’t NASCAR go back to who was the leader prior to the yellow though? That’s what Mike Joy said.

The procedure is supposed to be reverting to the last scoring loop on every lap but the final lap. On the final lap, they're supposed to review video and photographic evidence to determine the leader at the time of caution.

Maybe some of them have PTSD from seeing that 24 win in a regular manner again

Not gonna lie, I had my eyes on Larson all race long. He had a sub par race. His decision making picking lanes was very poor.

“Well, like other sports, NASCAR has overtime rules. If there's a caution late in the race, the field lines up for the restart, and then has a two-lap shootout for the finish.

If the field completes the final two laps without issue, then the race ends with the checkered flag.

If the field completes the first of the final two shootout laps and there's a caution on the final lap, then the running order freezes at the caution and the next flag — either yellow or checkered — ends the race.”

I saw it when they showed Bowman’s in car. Unless the flag flew berore the lights came on. Bowman slightly got ahead of Byron, then you see the lights
The lights are instant. Bowman won. But NASCAR will never admit it

I hate GWCs but ...

Didn't the wreck start before the leader reached the line? NASCAR uses technology to penalize drivers for speeding by a fraction of a mile per hour, but we're going to decide who wins based on how quickly someone can display a flag?

Fox keeps running with this erroneous narrative that William replaced Jeff in the 24. Nope. Chase Elliott was the first to run the 24 after JG retired
When Mike first said that I had to a double take because that seemed wrong. But I figured the copious amounts of Columbian Bam Bam I was taking in 2016 might have discombobulated my memory. Alas, it was just Mike screwing up per usual.

When Mike first said that I had to a double take because that seemed wrong. But I figured the copious amounts of Columbian Bam Bam I was taking in 2016 might have discombobulated my memory. Alas, it was just Mike screwing up per usual.
They pushed it in the post race show too. It’s just wrong

I hate GWCs but ...

Didn't the wreck start before the leader reached the line? NASCAR uses technology to penalize drivers for speeding by a fraction of a mile per hour, but we're going to decide who wins based on how quickly someone can display a flag?
I'm right there with you. They should be able to review and say obviously the caution was before the white

Never ahead aye @Spotter22
Time to move on
1708392703003.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom