Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

Really, it should’ve been another GWC. But with the way the rules are written and the human reaction time…
If they're going to review video to determine finishing order, then first use it to determine if they're actually finished.

The 24 took the white
I haven't seen a good enough angle to know whether there's actually an argument for Bowman, but that's not the rule as I understand it. If they take white and they make it to the backstretch and a yellow comes out, the leader on the backstretch wins, not the one who took the white. Much closer case here of course but still the same principle.

Chastain just messed up what could have been a tremendous last lap.
I really can’t fault the guy for trying to shoot the gap with that much energy. He had so much momentum, Byron threw a slight block, and at that point you can’t lift without getting assblasted by everyone else.

These cars have more power and more drag than plate cars have traditionally had so the runs are so much bigger.

Never, you guys can do this stupid conspiracy sheet all night . 24 took the white and was ahead when the TOWER called the caution. That light doesnt mean a damn thing
As I understand the rule, it explicitly says flag and says nothing about the tower or race control. I could well be mistaken again.

Dude lmao. When it’s for the WIN, it’s not the last scoring loop. It’s who’s ahead at yellow. Stop
Looks like it was still Byron
32629a316d744800eeba5612ff3c97e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As I understand the rule, it explicitly says flag and says nothing about the tower or race control. I could well be mistaken again.
Well you are looking at a switch being thrown and not timing and scoring. Maybe you can start another thread and I can bitch about it

Man, I really wanted to see this one come down to the Penske cars.

Last year, Mike Joy said

"It's not the white, it's not the caution, it's NASCAR's call on when the button was pushed"

So ultimately, NASCAR decides who wins lol

As it's always been.

Last year, Mike Joy said

"It's not the white, it's not the caution, it's NASCAR's call on when the button was pushed"

So ultimately, NASCAR decides who wins lol

This is a point I made when NASCAR banned the Hail Melon. Do we really want to give NASCAR MORE judgment calls? Their officiating is already generally piss poor.

Even Bowman said he thought Byron won. End of story. I would have preferred Alex, but I'm not going to complain.
That was pretty cool seeing Bowman drive up beside Byron after the race was over and congratulate him for his win. Bowman is one classy dude.

In the end, NASCAR does get final say. Doesn’t mean it’s the right call, and doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.

In the end, NASCAR does get final say. Doesn’t mean it’s the right call, and doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.
No the RULE gets the final say, just because you don't understand it doesnt make you right

That’s not what I’m arguing. I’m saying that when the yellow flew. Bowman was ahead imo.

That screenshot you shared, with that tiny yellow light in the top corner. Here it is there, before any crash

IMG_5632.png
If you knew the rule it would be different. :idunno:

Yes or no. Is that yellow light you mentioned in your little screenshot at the top right corner before they wreck in the one I shared? Yes or no?
Not only that there are no other yellow lights on in his screenshot

Thanks! This confirms my perception that the wrecking did indeed start before the leader reached the line.

Yeah wrecking in the back also. They took the white. Leader is who wins the race if the last lap is under caution. That was right after the finish line but anywhere on the last lap the winner is who is out front when the caution is thrown.

The rule doesn't make the decision when to call the caution.
Thing is, they made the right call. Race control Make's the call, and the thing is we havent seen the 48 standing on his head bitching about the call saying he got robbed. You now why, he understands the rule

Yeah wrecking in the back also. They took the white. Leader is who wins the race if the last lap is under caution. That was right after the finish line but anywhere on the last lap the winner is who is out front when the caution is thrown.
Yeah and the caution was thrown halfway to turn one, not at the line.

Back
Top Bottom