Cup RACE thread --- Dover

I just knew Larson would dominate today and lead a lot of laps. I don't think Dover has fit into a drivers wheelhouse so effeciently since Jimmie Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It actually WAS when the saying was used. Did you miss it?
Good lord. Joy said it as if Hamlin had caught Bowman and was challenging him for the position. Except what happened is that Bowman had just passed Hamlin in the prior turn and began pulling away. Hamlin was not challenging that position. It was obvious that Mike was not paying attention.

There are better hills to die on.

If you pass someone and are pulling away, your mirror isn’t full of them. They are in your mirror sure, but getting smaller. :) sorry a Chevy passed a guy you like.
I don’t care who got passed.
The comment remains correct whether you understood it or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good lord. Joy said it as if Hamlin had caught Bowman and was challenging him for the position. Except what happened is that Bowman had just passed Hamlin in the prior turn and began pulling away. Hamlin was not challenging that position. It was obvious that Mike was not paying attention.

There are better hills to die on.
🤣 you were the first one to squeak about it.

Aaaaand suddenly the 9 is running **** lap times lol
Track position my dude. The 48, 24 and 9 are all pretty even in the short run. Chase had the luxury of Larson getting away from him, now, he's got 3 fast cars ahead of him splitting up traffic. Also, 108 laps to go, p4. I don't think Chase needs to be driving the wheels off of it right now.

Chase knows how to put a full race together. He's settling in. No point in burning his stuff up to pass a car who is about as fast as him, you know?

Reactions: Pat
I think the only chance the top 5 have of passing Larson is short pitting and hoping Larson’s handling goes away in dirty air.

They haven’t made an adjustment all day. And that’s on Chase more than Alan.
I mean if the car is driving good and you're running p2, fast on long run, what do you do?

I guess ask for something to keep up with the track and the field. The 5 looks better than it did all day. 48 came to life.

I think the only chance the top 5 have of passing Larson is short pitting and hoping Larson’s handling goes away in dirty air.
I agree, but his lead is so big right now, can't imagine short pitting works out if it's only a single lap or two.

They started off good, the car got tight. Bubba asked on three different occasions to loosen the car up.

It's still too tight three pit stops later.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when he worked up to P13 so early.

Then, back to same old same old.

6vJT.gif

Almirola's season just continues to get worse.

****** a.

Aric just needed a good top 12-15 finish just for confidence, man it sucks to see this.

Money pit stops coming up here, yeah?

Jebus that was a hard hit, knocked the wind outa him, he's feeling that one

Let's see what the 48 pit crew does here. They get out ahead of Larson?

Slow stop for the 5. Bowman will come out 1st...

safety crew patted his solar plexus as if to signal he got the wind knocked out. Hopefully thats all it is.

Back
Top Bottom