Cup RACE thread --- Dover

That was fun yesterday but now I'm ready to see how well HMS can do in Texas. Hopefully they will have secured all 4 drivers with playoff seats after that race. The sooner the 9 gets a win the sooner they can quit pushing the boundaries in tech and then they can start testing a few things for the playoff races.

Reactions: Pat
I'm not an expert. But it seems Larson maybe should save his equipment a bit for the end of races. He jumps out to huge leads in the stages then can't close the deal. This has happened more than han once this season.

Bowman is boring.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
At least you are consistent. But, I have to wonder what made you feel the need to point that out in both race threads after both of his wins this year. I have narrowed it down to either you are dejected because a driver you like didn't win or you are just trolling his fan base. This is just something I noticed but I'm not really looking for an answer. :)

1-2-3-4
Roush Racing accomplished the feat once (Homestead, 2005)
Peter DePaolo Racing accomplished it twice (Dec. 30, 1956 at Titusville and April 7, 1957 at North Wilkesboro) - credit to Jayski for that one
For those who may not know, this is the same Peter DePaolo who as a driver won the 1925 Indianapolis 500.

Weird, Fox showed the stop was an 11.8 second stop and it was the same for the #9 team, and I think the #5 team had a 13.3 second stop. Now I’m curious to know the actual times since Fox flubbed those numbers.

No idea how Fox does their pit stop timing for the broadcast but seems a rather large margin of error upwards of 4 tenths. Definitely would like to put eyes on the official times to see what it really is. Makes me think of the difference between hand-timed and electronic.

I've got "The Preacher", so this must be the "Ex-Con"?
I think it about time people put that label to bed, it really shows how small minded people can be. "The Preacher" is still live and well today and he shows it with every win for the world to see.

I'm not an expert. But it seems Larson maybe should save his equipment a bit for the end of races. He jumps out to huge leads in the stages then can't close the deal. This has happened more than han once this season.
I am no expert but I believe drivers don't want changes when they are leading which is an error simple because the competition is making adjustments to get better.

That was fun yesterday but now I'm ready to see how well HMS can do in Texas. Hopefully they will have secured all 4 drivers with playoff seats after that race. The sooner the 9 gets a win the sooner they can quit pushing the boundaries in tech and then they can start testing a few things for the playoff races.
I'm not worried about the 9 team. Knaus has all four teams working together this year and it is just a matter of time before the 9's number comes up.

The 2021 Dover Spring Race will be remembered for Hendrick Motorsports finishing 1-2-3-4. But it should also be remembered for historically low levels of passing.

There were only 10 lead changes in 2021 Spring Dover compared to 15 in the 2019 Spring race. Although the number is down, the big difference is how those lead changes happened: under yellow. Only one lead change was under green.

I think it about time people put that label to bed, it really shows how small minded people can be. "The Preacher" is still live and well today and he shows it with every win for the world to see.
Well said....

At least you are consistent. But, I have to wonder what made you feel the need to point that out in both race threads after both of his wins this year. I have narrowed it down to either you are dejected because a driver you like didn't win or you are just trolling his fan base. This is just something I noticed but I'm not really looking for an answer. :)

Maybe it means just what I said. I find him boring and his wins have been underwhelming to me. I'm happy for him once the dust settles. But in the moment, I'm sorry of just like "oh". He's been around for quite some time now, and just doesn't excite me. To me, he just doesn't have star power that pulls me, or dejects me. I still see him as the driver of the #7 from years ago.

If he starts winning more and shows more of that dry humor, I'll definitely come around on him. I'm supporting Larson's comeback this year, so he and all of Penske are my guys. Bowman just bores me, but I won't root against him like I will Truex. Does that make sense?

It has nothing to do with his fanbase lol

Last edited:
I'm happy for him once the dust settles. He's been around for quite some time now, and just doesn't excite me..he just doesn't have star power to me.

If he starts winning more and shows more of that dry humor, I'll definitely come around. I'm supporting Larson's comeback this year, so he and all of Penske are my guys. Bowman just bores me, but I won't root against him like I will Truex. Does that make sense

Very well put... you are back on my Christmas card list. :)

The sooner the 9 gets a win the sooner they can quit pushing the boundaries in tech and then they can start testing a few things for the playoff races.
Really breaks my heart that they are forced to "push the boundaries." Must be hard on them. I am sure once The Chosen reasserts the dominance he has never known, they will get back to leaving his stuff 1/4 to the good, and just let him win on talent alone.

Really breaks my heart that they are forced to "push the boundaries." Must be hard on them. I am sure once The Chosen reasserts the dominance he has never known, they will get back to leaving his stuff 1/4 to the good, and just let him win on talent alone.
Somebody has to be fourth when the Hendricks came in 1,2,3,4 ;)

Back
Top Bottom