Cup RACE thread --- Dover

Nah, Bowmans is just as calm, but the difference is, fans call it boring when Bowman does it and cool and calm if Elliott does it. :D
Quite the opposite, people think Elliott has the personality of a log

Nah, Bowmans is just as calm, but the difference is, fans call it boring when Bowman does it and cool and calm if Elliott does it. :D
Nah, check out reddit (which is second to only Facebook for knuckle dragging mouth breathing idiot posters). There was one guy going off about how terrible it was for the sport and how much he hates Chase because he didn't celebrate hard enough. Reddit is full of "personality of sawdust" style posts about CE.

The Reddit dynamic is very annoying but intriguing to me. It really seems there’s the “new fan” who wants to change everything in the sport to keep attracting the “new fan” vs “older fans” who the only change they want is to change it back to 1986. Seeing social media comments about the sport it always makes me think, no matter what nascar does, you’ll always have a segment that’s pissed off about something.

The Reddit dynamic is very annoying but intriguing to me. It really seems there’s the “new fan” who wants to change everything in the sport to keep attracting the “new fan” vs “older fans” who the only change they want is to change it back to 1986. Seeing social media comments about the sport it always makes me think, no matter what nascar does, you’ll always have a segment that’s pissed off about something.
Yeah Reddit is a great place to get news but I've always wondered what the average age of member on there is based on other stuff I've read.

Yeah Reddit is a great place to get news but I've always wondered what the average age of member on there is based on other stuff I've read.
I definitely get a lot of news from reddit, but do my damnedest to ignore the "commentary" about said news. It generally feels like the average poster is a early 20's college student who thinks they know everything, but hasn't experienced the real world so that they don't realize that the drivel their professor is spewing isn't quite in touch with reality. Is that a good way to put it?

Nah, check out reddit (which is second to only Facebook for knuckle dragging mouth breathing idiot posters). There was one guy going off about how terrible it was for the sport and how much he hates Chase because he didn't celebrate hard enough. Reddit is full of "personality of sawdust" style posts about CE.
Reddit has a low floor, but a massive massive ceiling, albiet a tiny one. If you can dig through the mud, there's plenty of diamonds in that rough, very calm, smart and knowledgeable posters there who probably would be better suited here. They're the minority, but they are absolutely there.

Facebook is infinitely worse, where 95% are angry, loud racist who care more about their "freedom" and their nonsensical ideologies they project onto NASCAR than they do the sport.

Most of those folks don't understand a damn thing about how the sport works, think teams lay off NASCAR, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I definitely get a lot of news from reddit, but do my damnedest to ignore the "commentary" about said news. It generally feels like the average poster is a early 20's college student who thinks they know everything, but hasn't experienced the real world so that they don't realize that the drivel their professor is spewing isn't quite in touch with reality. Is that a good way to put it?
100%

Reddit has a low floor, but a massive massive ceiling, albiet a tiny one. If you can dig through the mud, there's plenty of diamonds in that rough, very calm, smart and knowledgeable posters there who probably would be better suited here. They're the minority, but they are absolutely there.

Facebook is infinitely worse, where 95% are angry, loud racist who care more about their "freedom" and their nonsensical ideologies they project onto NASCAR than they do the sport.

Most of those folks don't understand a damn thing about how the sport works, think teams lay off NASCAR, etc.

100% agreed. The Bell curve for Reddit is interesting. The middle and left portions are putrid and irredeemable, but the far right (high end) usually has content and insight that make it worth it for me to keep going back.

I mainly use reddit for sports and video game news/discussion, and memes. For that, it's excellent.

For throwing a block on the last lap that's really nothing. I'm not really a fan of either, but I'm guessing it's the MTJ fans upset about this one.
The problem will resolve itself fairly rapidly I expect. Probably not from Martin.

All this talk about Ross reminds me of everyone complaining about Newman "racing too hard" lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

All this talk about Ross reminds me of everyone complaining about Newman "racing too hard" lol

Lol. Newman was a very defensive driver and I can see how further back in the pack it would be annoying. Ross is racing for wins though, and potentially a championship. Most impressive driver so far.

I think Martin is too polite on track to initiate a skirmish. I suggest as much as Dover is self-cleaning, the racers are also self-cleaning as in self-policing.

Could you imagine when Ross and Elliott were racing side by side if they got together. lol
The same thing that happens whenever Chase is involved in an incident its never his fault. I like Chase but his fans are ridiculous.

100% agreed. The Bell curve for Reddit is interesting. The middle and left portions are putrid and irredeemable, but the far right (high end) usually has content and insight that make it worth it for me to keep going back.

I mainly use reddit for sports and video game news/discussion, and memes. For that, it's excellent.
It's worth considering that even millennials are "old" on Reddit.

The main demographic is mostly kids over there.

Back
Top Bottom