Cup RACE thread --- Indy Road Course

I disagree with penalizing the 14 yesterday. He was forced off the surface and there’s no one even trying to debate it… it’s clear to see

Hate that Briscoe used so much effort to deny spinning hamlin out… Dang man… own it! A lot of us were glad you did it…

This is pretty good

I am sure that Briscoe is a good person, so I am speaking about the product he presents professionally....He looked into the camera, and said he didn't know that he had been penalized. He did, and then he dumped Hamlin. This is everything I hate about professional "athletes"--Put out the Boy Scout image, and then pull this crap. IMO Hamlin should have leveled his ass. This will cost Denny big time. Spotter did his job. Briscoe had better get more. Total bull****.

20 20 hindsight says he should have not listened to the first command for a stop and go in 10, kept hammering it and do the pass thru...but they wouldn't let him back on the track after he pulled in to do the pass thru as it was. :idunno:
Thing is according to the rules, when he gets the black flag he has 3 laps to serve the penalty. Unless they made a rule change I'm not aware of

Thing is according to the rules, when he gets the black flag he has 3 laps to serve the penalty. Unless they made a rule change I'm not aware of
You can wreck a lot of cars in three laps....The kid pulled a tool move, and then didn't have the balls to own it. This is sickening.

Well confirmed what we all knew... “we owe them a stop and go in turn 10” was coming from Chase’s guys right? And if so, then he punted Denny. Not that I feel bad for Denny after the incident at Martinsville with Chase Elliott.

Yeah, but Chase didn't know which one was turn 10, or even what day it was. :D

Still feel like Hamlin had it coming, but the real problem is NASCAR's clueless application of track limits rules. If they let it go, as Briscoe even slowed to let Hamlin get back to him, then they can race it out from there.

Re-watching the final restart I don't think Hamlin did anything wrong. Restarting on the outside was tough all weekend long.
What Briscoe did has very little to do with "track limits", I don't think NASCAR ever permitted corner cutting.
Briscoe spun Hamlin immediately after he was told about the penalty so no doubt it was intentional.
The reactions here would be different if Chase got spun out of a win like that.

Re-watching the final restart I don't think Hamlin did anything wrong. Restarting on the outside was tough all weekend long.
What Briscoe did has very little to do with "track limits", I don't think NASCAR ever permitted corner cutting.
Briscoe spun Hamlin immediately after he was told about the penalty so no doubt it was intentional.
The reactions here would be different if Chase got spun out of a win like that.
this is how Larson and Elliott does it. They don't drive like a Hamlin..watch the white line-. Briscoe had a fender on Dennis

Fine, it wasn't Briscoe that acknowledged the stop & go requirement, but is he still saying he never heard the spotter tell him about it ? :owquitit:

Uh oh. Looks like Dennis just found out

Did Denny just assume something from Radioactive, where the radio chatter is never synced to the moment when it was actually spoken, and he got the wrong voice?

Hahahahahahaha.

He is such a paper tiger.

Denny to Jessup.....errr.....Briscoe....

Let me be very clear....If Jack Nicholson drove a Chevy or a Ford, I would root for him. 100%.

Still feel like Hamlin had it coming, but the real problem is NASCAR's clueless application of track limits rules. If they let it go, as Briscoe even slowed to let Hamlin get back to him, then they can race it out from there.
I gotta disagree. Nascar discussed the ground rules for this course with the drivers before the race. They need to follow that... not make up something different on the fly.

I was totally pulling for Briscoe... I like him a lot *and* I had picked him for the Nascar Pick 'Em game, so I was "all in" on him finishing well.. But the ground rules for what he did was a stop-and-go at turn 10. Like @Spotter22 keeps saying, Briscoe's move was the very definition of a Hail Mary, and it didn't work out.

Briscoe had his shot, starting P1, but he failed to maintain pace car speed. Geez Louise, ruined my whole Pick 'Em season right there.

I am sure that Briscoe is a good person, so I am speaking about the product he presents professionally....He looked into the camera, and said he didn't know that he had been penalized. He did, and then he dumped Hamlin. This is everything I hate about professional "athletes"--Put out the Boy Scout image, and then pull this crap. IMO Hamlin should have leveled his ass. This will cost Denny big time. Spotter did his job. Briscoe had better get more. Total bull****.

Kind of like old Dennis saying he was pushed into Chase at Martinsville, then the video clearly showed no one near his back bumper. Then the story changed to "Chase was checking up way early and was slow!" Herp derp, Dennis.

That said, low blow move by Briscoe to dump the 11. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he did it. BUT... if it were just about any other driver than Dennis leading at that time (well maybe KyBu as well), then there would be outcry over the dirty move.

Denny to Jessup.....errr.....Briscoe....

"I'd prefer you said 'Thank you' and went on your way. Or pick up a HANS and helmet and strap in. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
:beerbang::laugh:

Such a great scene.

Back
Top Bottom