Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Believe what you want. Get into his door could also mean keep him from pinching you down in the corner which is exactly what Busch did to get some of the sticky inside lane on his left sides. Truex let him do it. HIS mistake. his lefts were so low he lost grip. 60 laps left, at least a pit stop if there isn't any cautions and Kyle Damn Busch want to race instead of doing what Truex was doing. Mr Ego couldn't stand to run second.

Last edited:
Believe what you want. Get into his door could also mean keep him from pinching you down in the corner which is exactly what Busch did to get some of the sticky inside lane on his left sides. Truex let him do it. HIS mistake. his lefts were so low he lost grip. 60 laps left, at least a pit stop if there isn't any cautions and Kyle Damn Busch want to race instead of doing what Truex was doing.
This is true also

What they did was what later had the three wide Chevys going for it. Only difference was it was on the last laps, not with 60 to go, stupid move paid the price for doing hero ****.

What they did was what later had the three wide Chevys going for it. Only difference was it was on the last laps, not with 60 to go, stupid move paid the price for doing hero sh!t.
I don't think it' was stupid.. if you was watching the race I watched yesterday whoever was out front wasn't getting caught.. Kyle felt like it was time to race and I feel him.. and if you listened to both interviews after race, truex said if I got out front in clean air we had a car that was good enough to win race and Kyle wasn't stupid.. then Kyle said whoever got out front was going to win race.. it was all about who was out front.

This is true also
You'll figure out pretty quick not to defend Kyle Busch too vigorously on this or any other forum. You can't discuss with those not willing to listen. To many he is the root of all evil and one to be despised.
I think it is better to just be thankful that we are here to witness his talent and while he may not have won yet this year (as they keep telling us) we have quiet confidence that it is only a matter of time before he is back in VL.

You'll figure out pretty quick not to defend Kyle Busch too vigorously on this or any other forum. You can't discuss with those not willing to listen. To many he is the root of all evil and one to be despised.
I think it is better to just be thankful that we are here to witness his talent and while he may not have won yet this year (as they keep telling us) we have quiet confidence that it is only a matter of time before he is back in VL.
I see that lol... this is so true

never said the S.O.B. was the root of all evil. Egotistical, self centered and in this case made a stupid move on a restart, he wasn't a "team player" when it came his time to be one.

EXACTLY and like I said plenty of times TRUEX was pissed I listened to radio he didn't like it all .. truex spotter said get into his door.. and then after they crashed Busch crew chief said damn he wrecked us.. so that's all I'm saying, I believe truex got loose but I also think he knew exactly what he was doing .

I think you are right.

never said the S.O.B. was the root of all evil. Egotistical, self centered and in this case made a stupid move on a restart, he wasn't a "team player" when it came his time to be one.
I didn't mention you SOI.
sarcastic.gif

It could be said for ANY discussion about Kyle. He is very polarizing I admit.

A funny thing happened as I used to be sick and tired of Kyle's attitude but one day I woke up and realized that I was even more sick and tired of the gratuitous bashing he receives here. I support the right of someone to bash away ad nauseum but the invective directed at Kyle, Joe Gibbs and Toyota is over the top, IMO.

They both played the part well after getting out of their cars. It will be interesting to watch them again with each other...

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't hurt either driver so I think everything will be cool.

A funny thing happened as I used to be sick and tired of Kyle's attitude but one day I woke up and realized that I was even more sick and tired of the gratuitous bashing he receives here. I support the right of someone to bash away ad nauseum but the invective directed at Kyle, Joe Gibbs and Toyota is over the top, IMO.
WOW!! Love everything you said!

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't hurt either driver so I think everything will be cool.

They could have announced there would be only one GWC attempt.
This is what should have happened IMO. And there is ample precedent for it too. They have done that before due to darkness closing in. Would have yielded the same race results, and fans would have had nothing to whine about.

Some folks struggle mightily to differentiate between whining and voicing a legitimate complaint. If you are going to claim to be a sport it is imperative to reach the proper conclusion the proper way because if you don't then inconsistency rules.

This is what should have happened IMO. And there is ample precedent for it too. They have done that before due to darkness closing in. Would have yielded the same race results, and fans would have had nothing to whine about.
whiners are going to whine that is what they do. considering they had two cars hung up that took 24 minutes to get apart and clean up the track. The sun going behind the clouds bringing on the night sooner, and oil all over the track to clean up:D and then Hamlin blowing oil all over the track again on the last restart and taking out a couple more cars while he was at it, it was time to pull the plug. They had a whole fleet of track dryers because they knew that was going to happen, but nobody anticipated the crash a thon and brought a fleet of wreckers and roll backs. The folks that are wired the other way can always find plenty to pick at.

Believe what you want. Get into his door could also mean keep him from pinching you down in the corner which is exactly what Busch did to get some of the sticky inside lane on his left sides. Truex let him do it. HIS mistake. his lefts were so low he lost grip. 60 laps left, at least a pit stop if there isn't any cautions and Kyle Damn Busch want to race instead of doing what Truex was doing. Mr Ego couldn't stand to run second.

Imagine that !!! Kyle wanted the lead for the last part of the race ...... he knew passing Truex would be difficult. The last thing Truex wanted was a wreck but both drivers knew the importance of leading at that time. rocket science not involved here

The reason Nascar should have ended the race due to lack of daylight is because it was the truth and was perfectly acceptable given everything else that was going on. Waiting for the leader to cross a magical line before throwing a yellow is bad because it is a form of manipulation and in the sports world you can't have that. Decisions should be made based on circumstances not how it is going to look to the general public.

If you are not a fan of sports I can understand the mentality of "it worked out the same anyway" but that is a slippery slope.

Imagine that !!! Kyle wanted the lead for the last part of the race ...... he knew passing Truex would be difficult. The last thing Truex wanted was a wreck but both drivers knew the importance of leading at that time. rocket science not involved here
not rocket science, corporate teammate. But yeah, it did blow up like a rocket.

I would have done the same thing... just a few more seconds and this game is finally over. Brad got a little more time to pass Kahne. This worked against Kahne but I'm sure who came out ahead was not Nascar's concern.

It wasn't like there were five laps to go, it was more like 50.

I worked it out on my slide rule . . .

It wasn't like there were five laps to go, it was more like 50.

I worked it out on my slide rule . . .
60 actually, 150 more miles and even without any cautions (which is very doubtful) there was at least another pit stop involved, probably two more, and how ever many restarts after any cautions that fall. He back stabbed Truex, nothing new.

Neat video but I wonder if NASCAR would want a driver in Dillon's position to lay off the throttle after realizing he's stuck like that, just in case crews need to quickly get to the #6?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom