Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Byron got his first big hit tonight. Now is the time to see if it slows him down after that...after he cleans out his shorts.

It’s already a farce if he doesn’t win a championship, thus far he’s been the best driver on the best team IMO
Just think if he didn't mess up back at Auto Club and was able to win that one, he would have won half the races so far this season. That's isane. Almost video game like.

Watch them have one of the best sesons in recent history just to be screwed by the playoffs. I mean 5 wins already. No reason he can't get to the double digits.
He might get 10. I’m excited for Harv, been a fan of his since the beginning (2 AC Delco Days) rooted for him all the years he came up short challenging JJ in the early To mid 00’s while driving for RCR. It’ll never get old for me watching him finally cash in what he should have been doing all those years ago. Bummed couldn’t watch the race tonight, cable is out and tried to watch at in law’s, hope DVR worked.

He might get 10. I’m excited for Harv, been a fan of his since the beginning, rooted for him all the years he came up short challenging JJ in the early To mid 00’s while driving for RCR. It’ll never get old for me watching him finally cash in what he should have been doing all those years ago. Bummed couldn’t watch the race tonight, cable is out and tried to watch at in law’s, hope DVR worked.

Same, so happy to see Happy on fire like this. It's a lot better win a driver you like is the guy winning almost every single week. But damn, hopefully it did DVR. If not replays will be on in a day or so to record it.

He might get 10. I’m excited for Harv, been a fan of his since the beginning (2 AC Delco Days) rooted for him all the years he came up short challenging JJ in the early To mid 00’s while driving for RCR. It’ll never get old for me watching him finally cash in what he should have been doing all those years ago. Bummed couldn’t watch the race tonight, cable is out and tried to watch at in law’s, hope DVR worked.
Hell, at this rate he might get 15.

Same, so happy to see Happy on fire like this. It's a lot better win a driver you like is the guy winning almost every single week. But damn, hopefully it did DVR. If not replays will be on in a day or so to record it.
Yea since my guys retired, Harvick has always been my 3rd but I have plenty of hats and t shirts of his. NASCAR for me is better when guys I like win, hope he gets some more checkers.

I ended up falling asleep during the red flag.

What happened with Chase & RSJ? Video?

I ended up falling asleep during the red flag.

What happened with Chase & RSJ? Video?
I'll look for a video, but Ricky pulled a slide job at the end of the race and Chase didn't like it. But like I said, every point matters. Don't want to miss the playoffs by just a point or something.

There’s still randomness because it’s a championship race, if then guy goes out and win 10 races and doesn’t win the championship....that’s a tough pill to swallow
Just like any other sport.. a team can win every game and then not win the championship this isn’t anything new

Just like any other sport.. a team can win every game and then not win the championship this isn’t anything new
Those other sports you're not up against everyone every week. So a playoff is needed so the best of the best then play each other to see who is the real best.

Other than NHRA, auto racing is not like any other sport.

That’s why it’s a farce.
Well it is now I’m sorry if you didn’t know that.. I would prob like it too if who ever just had the most points throughout the whole season be champion too.. but before I started watching just listening to what people said that a season could be over by the middle of season if someone had that many points lol.. that means the rest of races didn’t mean a lot , I would have not liked that at all

Those other sports you're not up against everyone every week. So a playoff is needed so the best of the best then play each other to see who is the real best.
Still dont mean anything the two best teams will be in the finals or super bowl and someone has to lose. And like I said one of those teams could have went undefeated the whole year.

"Other sports" also have largely meaningless and ignored regular seasons, so there's that.
NASCAR don’t lol? All you have to do is WIN once and your in! Lol

Still dont mean anything the two best teams will be in the finals or super bowl and someone has to lose. And like I said one of those teams could have went undefeated the whole year.
No it does mean something. What if that team that beats you, you didn't play during the regular season? Every driver every week has the chance to beat the others. The best driver all season long should be champion. In baseball, football, basketball, etc every team isn't out there. Chances are you play a team for the championship you didn't see during your regular season. That isn't going to happen in NASCAR.

I wish it was a little different to guys.. I think the Last 4 races should come down to 4 with the most points and out of those 4 races whoever come out with the most points should WIN championship!

So you have to do good through the playsoffs to even get to that point To be in that final 4 round.. and in that last round whoever ever finish with most points Win ship at HOMESTEAD

Just think if he didn't mess up back at Auto Club and was able to win that one, he would have won half the races so far this season. That's isane. Almost video game like.
Texas, as well. That was his race to win.

So this is what it would have been like throughout 2014-early part of 2016 if Harv & Co. had actually been able to finish off races.
We're just 11 races into the season, and he has already matched his career-best of five wins in a season.
Guess when that was? ;)

This is true, but, Nascar is a genuine independent Bad Ass Motor Sport with V-8 naturally aspirated 800 HP engines, bred, born and grown in the USA :salute:, which had it's own rules up until we tried to make Nascar a freaking football, baseball and Basketball sport.
This sport, NASCAS Racing, runs the same players 36 points paying times a year competing against each other almost every weekend, the whole points thing was based on who could be the best and most consistent over the grueling season (like they do in all the Saturday night feeder series around the country).

This ain't football. :booya:

Back
Top Bottom