Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

I’m even a fan of his. But it’s 100% the fact that he gets hyped up every race thread as the greatest of all time then ends up not winning. I don’t think anyone hates him personally, it just gets old

I never seen anyone say anything close to him being the best of all time.

Makes my blood boil that NASCAR has to create excitement. Larson should've won today plain and simple.

I mean they threw a caution because a tire was sitting out there. It was some arbitrary debris caution. Larson lost because of the wreck fest that occurred after

People on here were literally saying he’d supplanted Chase Elliott as the #1 driver after Vegas...sleepwalk through racing threads you do

So, you’re saying Chase is the best of all time then? Cause if Larson being the best is him passing chase as HMS #1, is the only way what you said makes sense.

If Chase isn’t the best, then I still ask when it was said

People on here were literally saying he’d supplanted Chase Elliott as the #1 driver after Vegas...sleepwalk through racing threads you do

After leading laps Today Atlanta Vegas what makes you think he isn't #1 this season for HMS on 1.5 track types at least? The speed is showing it imo.

Full disclosure: I’ve always hated Larson because he was the darling that was held up as an example against Chase in the early years. I recognized more raw talent, but that he had a huge tendency to fall out of the seat. I grew sick of the “high line Larson!” mantra when the reason he was the only one up there was that everyone else wanted to finish. He’s fast, but frankly stupid. He’s a sprint car god, but that mentality doesn’t translate to Cup. I got so bitter at a couple late race restart wins at Michigan and Larson fans gloating on these boards that I began to thoroughly enjoy his inevitable chokes when he’d wall or overdrive it after dominating all day because he simply can’t see big picture. If he ever achieves a championship, I’ll give full respect.
Gotcha buddy.

Hey, I think Larson is one of the best talents in the sport, but I'm all aboard the "it takes more than talent to be a great racecar driver".

It's like saying an extremely athletic basketball player is an MVP caliber player.

Way more goes into being a cup Champion than freak talent, Kyle Busch showed that raw freak talent alone isn't enough, until he became a father and slowed down. Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson showed strengths in so many other areas that make generational talents succeed in NASCAR.

Even Tony Stewart, who imo, is the greatest talent we've ever had in NASCAR (I'll argue that with anyone), was able to harness that generational, Larson/Busch- like talent into cup championships during a tougher era, almost immediately, even while Hendrick motorsports was at his peak.

So yeah, I agree. Larson needs to show that he can harness that talent, use his racing Smart's, and execute and win titles. This is the first year he's ever been in elite equipment. Have some patients.

He's no Kyle Busch, or Tony Stewart. But he may have the most talent in the series. Tough to know what that will become.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m even a fan of his. But it’s 100% the fact that he gets hyped up every race thread as the greatest of all time then ends up not winning. I don’t think anyone hates him personally, it just gets old
Go check out some threads in 2008. Kyle Busch got this treatment WAY worse both by fans, and by the booth. I've been doing a rewatch of nascar, starting from the 04 season. Every race. I'm at 09 now. 08-09 Kyle Busch may have been the most hyped driver both by NASCAR media and forums we've ever seen.

This larson stuff is child's play. Then, we all thought Busch couldn't get out of his head to ever win a title. Now, 2x champ.

Patience.

So, you’re saying Chase is the best of all time then? Cause if Larson being the best is him passing chase as HMS #1, is the only way what you said makes sense.

If Chase isn’t the best, then I still ask when it was said

I mean...Chase is the defending champ and has 11 wins and is only 25.

but I’m not digging through 7 years of posts to find the many times has been compared to Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Aj Foyt, etc.

I mean...Chase is the defending champ and has 11 wins and is only 25.

but I’m not digging through 7 years of posts to find the many times has been compared to Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Aj Foyt, etc.

I mean I’m a Chase fan, you don’t have to tell me his stats. But people saying Larson is going to be or is the #1 guy at HMS right now, doesn’t mean they are saying he’s the best ever. Two different things totally.

All teams have a #1 not all can be the best ever

Go check out some threads in 2008. Kyle Busch got this treatment WAY worse both by fans, and by the booth. I've been doing a rewatch of nascar, starting from the 04 season. Every race. I'm at 09 now. 08-09 Kyle Busch may have been the most hyped driver both by NASCAR media and forums we've ever seen.

This larson stuff is child's play. Then, we all thought Busch couldn't get out of his head to ever win a title. Now, 2x champ.

Patience.

Larson is in his 7th full time season....

Kyle Busch had more wins in his 4th season (8), then Larson does in his entire career (7).
This is the kind of posts I’m talking about. Why is Larson even remotely being lumped in with Kyle Busch lmao

Larson is in his 7th full time season....

Kyle Busch had more wins in his 4th season (8), then Larson does in his entire career (7).
This is the kind of posts I’m talking about. Why is Larson even remotely being lumped in with Kyle Busch lmao
Kyle Busch was in elite equipment his entire career.

And in 2008, he collapsed, and was eviscerated by the fans as being a non championship driver who simply is too mentally childish to be a champ.

I'm talking about hypjng up a driver's raw talent.

We did the same thing with Kyle Busch before he did **** in the cup series.

Just like with Larson. Prior to that breakout year in 08, he had 5 wins and wouldn't countlessly fail to execute. Then, in 08, with all the hype, he choked and got labeled a talented driver who doesn't have it between the ears.

Just like Larson.

Look, im not saying Larson is gonna win 50+ races, or a title.

I don't think he's gonna have an all time great career.

I think he's the most talented driver in the sport.

And Im merely stating that the hype right now is no different than any other uber talented driver we've seen.

Because it isn't. This is nothing new.

I have confidence Larson will progress into closing out more cup wins on a regular basis. Nascar restart package or not.

My impression is that Larson knew he and Blaney needed all that pushing and more to make a real run. Obviously he pushed it too hard, but he's got his win and the guy he's pushing does too. I'm thinking all that figured in.
A lot of posts here to read different than yours. I was hoping for a better finish for Blaney. But I think you are spot on...dang

Lmaooo NASCAR waiting to throw that tire caution for when it was most beneficial to them and now letting these cars run under yellow to get a GWC. Thing shoulda been over half an hour ago. This is not a serious racing series.
Bye

Today was a display indicative of why Auto Club Speedway is reconfiguring to a half mile track.
These cars don’t have enough horsepower to put on a good show at anything over a mile anymore.
Flatfooted on a 1.5 mile track is an aero bore.

I mean they threw a caution because a tire was sitting out there. It was some arbitrary debris caution. Larson lost because of the wreck fest that occurred after
Yeah if a car slid through the grass and hit that tire and launched in to a pit what would you say.

Last edited:
Today was a display indicative of why Auto Club Speedway is reconfiguring to a half mile track.
These cars don’t have enough horsepower to put on a good show at anything over a mile anymore.
Flatfooted on a 1.5 mile track is an aero bore.
Your opinion, no matter how uninformed.

Lmaooo NASCAR waiting to throw that tire caution for when it was most beneficial to them and now letting these cars run under yellow to get a GWC. Thing shoulda been over half an hour ago. This is not a serious racing series.

It saddens me how clear it is now that NASCAR isn't about putting on the best stock car race, but is in the business of an "entertaining" stock car race through manipulation and rule and package changes to make the race appear exciting.

It saddens me how clear it is now that NASCAR isn't about putting on the best stock car race, but is in the business of an "entertaining" stock car race through manipulation and rule and package changes to make the race appear exciting.
I'd quit watching if i were you.

Yes. NASCAR did a good job not trapping several cars a lap down because of a stupid mistake by the 8. To say this isnt a serious racing series is asinine.
So we're gonna identify that there's a safety concern on track that's serious enough to warrant a caution, but we're only going to prevent the possible bad circumstance from happening under certain conditions, even though we throw the yellow on a regular basis merely for cars that got sideways, produced some tire smoke, and then then kept rolling forward. Got it.

Yes. NASCAR did a good job not trapping several cars a lap down because of a stupid mistake by the 8. To say this isnt a serious racing series is asinine.

I mean, that happens all the time though. There's been plenty of cautions during the middle of a green flag pit cycle and no one complained before. But now we're in this spot where we're supposed to hold two conflicting thoughts in our head. 1) Tyler Reddick's crew can't simply go out and retrieve the tire because what if they get hit? They can't leave the tire out there because what if a car hit the tire and it hits someone else? 2) NASCAR was right to let the lead lap cars pit cycle through so it'd be fair.

Like, if it was a safety issue as laid out in #1, then the caution should've come out immediately, regardless of the pit cycle. If it wasn't a safety issue and NASCAR felt like the tire was fine until the pit cycle was done, then they should've let Tyler Reddick's crew run out and get the tire. NASCAR could've easily close down pit row to allow the tire to be retrieved. The whole thing would've taken 10 seconds.

I mean, that happens all the time though. There's been plenty of cautions during the middle of a green flag pit cycle and no one complained before. But now we're in this spot where we're supposed to hold two conflicting thoughts in our head. 1) Tyler Reddick's crew can't simply go out and retrieve the tire because what if they get hit? They can't leave the tire out there because what if a car hit the tire and it hits someone else? 2) NASCAR was right to let the lead lap cars pit cycle through so it'd be fair.

Like, if it was a safety issue as laid out in #1, then the caution should've come out immediately, regardless of the pit cycle. If it wasn't a safety issue and NASCAR felt like the tire was fine until the pit cycle was done, then they should've let Tyler Reddick's crew run out and get the tire. NASCAR could've easily close down pit row to allow the tire to be retrieved. The whole thing would've taken 10 seconds.
Dont be silly. they arent going to let a human run across pit road on a hot track. The tire was a problem but not enough to trap cars a lap down but enough not to run the rest of the race with it out there.

If NASCAR uses safety to justify the yellow, the flag should have been displayed as soon as the tire went into the grass. Waiting 10 laps or waiting for the pit cycle doesn’t alter the level of danger. It wasn’t deemed a hazard big enough to throw a yellow only until Buescher came down pit road 10 laps later. This isn’t justifiable.

If they use the “wait until the pit cycle is complete” to justify the yellow, they didn’t even do that. The flag was thrown when Buescher entered pit lane rather than when his pit was finished and he cycled back into the field. They chose to throw the flag at a time that would kill his race, along with Stenhouse’s, as they were on the same strategy.

It’s just an awful look and delegitimizes the seriousness of their sport. Their manufactured drama led to a laughable series of wrecks that totally changed the organic flow of the race.

If NASCAR uses safety to justify the yellow, the flag should have been displayed as soon as the tire went into the grass. Waiting 10 laps or waiting for the pit cycle doesn’t alter the level of danger. It wasn’t deemed a hazard big enough to throw a yellow only until Buescher came down pit road 10 laps later. This isn’t justifiable.

If they use the “wait until the pit cycle is complete” to justify the yellow, they didn’t even do that. The flag was thrown when Buescher entered pit lane rather than when his pit was finished and he cycled back into the field. They chose to throw the flag at a time that would kill his race, along with Stenhouse’s, as they were on the same strategy.

It’s just an awful look and delegitimizes the seriousness of their sport. Their manufactured drama led to a laughable series of wrecks that totally changed the organic flow of the race.
Exactly. I don't know how people can see that as anything except for race manipulation especially considering that all the time they throw the yellow out just for a car brushing the wall. Then we have an actual hazard and they stay green until the time is right? As if the hazard is only hazard enough for a yellow pending on the scoring page? The timing and scoring/letting it cycle through is irrelevant for any yellow flag situation.

Back
Top Bottom