Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Fun fact. Without playoffs, and use the current points scale that’s used. Larson and Denny would be separated by 17 points, with Larson ahead. Came into this race tied. It’s why I say despite not having the wins, Denny would also be a rightful champion. He’s got less wins but has 18 top 5s and 24 top tens, and avg finish of 8.1. Kyle’s stats in these departments are just as close with one more top 5 and 10 each, but a worse avg finish of 9.2. Larson has been running at the finish of 32 of the 34 races so far, where Denny has finished them all. It’s honestly really impressive how close they are in every stat but wins. So, I hate we got the playoffs as we could be seeing one hell of a 2 man battle.
I still prefer the old Chase.

What would the points situation look like under that format?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t know. I got this info from another site that did it all for me. Maybe someone can help you with this info

It is posted after every race at Racing Reference. For Instance google Kyle Larson stats and pick the link for racing reference. You should be able to figure out the rest.

1635192248177.png

It is posted after every race at Racing Reference. For Instance google Kyle Larson stats and pick the link for racing reference. You should be able to figure out the rest.

View attachment 58256
Don’t think this is what he’s asking for. This is full year standings. He wanted the 10 race chase no playoffs points.

Unconfirmed:

1. Larson - 2409 pts.
2. Hamlin - 2373
3. Elliott - 2290
4. Blaney - 2282
5. Keselowski - 2280
6. Logano - 2279
7. Truex - 2271
8. KDB - 2242
Thanks for doing this.

18 not in contention. Not surprised. Kyle has never been good in the Chase.

Harvick would still be in championship contention in today’s format had he not let his ego get the better of him at the roval.
I didn't see anything that had to do with ego...I saw a pissed off race car driver that let his anger take control. But you are right that he would still be in championship contention.

Last edited:
Harvick would still be in championship contention in today’s format had he not let his ego get the better of him at the roval.
I was thinking that. If he was able to win Bristol, that's 5 bonus points. Roval doesn't happen. He ran 3rd Sunday. Where did he run at Texas?

I was thinking that. If he was able to win Bristol, that's 5 bonus points. Roval doesn't happen. He ran 3rd Sunday. Where did he run at Texas?

Yep, he is paying a pretty big price for the payback move he did. But could you imagine the crying we would have heard in here if he would have won the championship this year. :)

I think it shows the flaw in the system when someone like Brad or Joey who have not done well can sneak in and win it all

Received mine today, it was turned back at the border once but they persevered and got it too me. Looks pretty good

Back
Top Bottom