Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

I really was hoping as things were going down that Noah was going to be the one to knock The Imitator down a peg or two......but not at that time with those bodyguards, sporting that haircut. Next.

I don't expect nascar to do much more than tell them to knock it off. They aren't going to punish anyone who draws eyeballs to an event. I mean, aren't you ready to see them go at it again next week?

When Andy Granatelli ran stock car races at Soldier Field, he would fine anyone who fought in the pits, but if it was in front of the grandstands, it was a bonus. I don't think nascar is going to give these guys a bonus, but they are not going to be hard on them either. You can't fake entertainment.

That, and by now they have probably had a beer and a laugh over it..........or that's what I would encourage them to do.

I don't follow it enough to know the whole story, but Ross has rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. Maybe you don't exactly need friends out there, but we've seen what happens before when someone makes too many enemies.

When I was racing, I would wait for everyone to cool off and then discuss it like men. Right after the race when everyone is still mad is not the time to patch things up. This "payback" mentality in a sport where you can get killed has to be changed, and mutual respect would go a lot way to preventing this kind of mess. What Kevin Harvick said a few weeks ago makes even more sense now, and Kyle Bush is pretty much on the same page. When the veterans and champions call this kind of thing out, it's time to listen.

Actually, if I were nascar I would pull a Days of Thunder on them and make them go to dinner with their wives. First, the wives would set them both straight as they always do, and after a nice meal and a few laughs they might even become friends. If nothing else, as long as they don't throw salad at each other they would probably come away with a little more respect for each other.

This is not a hard thing. I was crashing every other race with a guy until we talked it out, had a few laughs and then became pretty decent friends. After that, once we stopped wrecking each other, we had some pretty good races against each other. Where that was different was, we didn't have 100,000 fans egging us on and later the media playing it to the hilt. If you boil it down to just two guys, it's simple to take care of. You just gotta be a man about it.

Good job Ross.

Gragson thought he was going to be the tough guy and do something nobody else would. I'd be he went down there thinking he was going to Harvick-Biffle him and be the new take no **** guy the TV people love to anoint. Ross was having none of it. That moment of him getting popped will live on and follow Gragson his whole career hopefully.

Funny, he goes to another guys car, runs his mouth, GRABS him, then plays like he's the victim. Typical...

Best race of the year hands down. Amazing battle third stage. No other 1.5 track races like that. Whatever has changed at Kansas I love it.

Kyle’s bemused smile at Gregson/Chastain flailing around during his interview was amazing.

Let’s hope the coming races are as dialed in.

Only serious detraction was FOX coverage or lack of it at the end-(except for Kurt, love Kurt in the booth)

I think Kansas and most of the mile and a half’s are so much better with this new car. Kansas has that width and progressive banking to put on “sprint car” styles of racing. What I noticed on exit is how much it loads, it’s an absolute handful to keep under you during a 400 mile race. You could see the line between driving it under yaw and losing the backend is so minimal, quite a few good drivers totaling their cars coming out of Turn 2 because of that.

I really was hoping as things were going down that Noah was going to be the one to knock The Imitator down a peg or two......but not at that time with those bodyguards, sporting that haircut. Next.
The Intimamelon

I just watched the finish again on the DVR. I should’ve rated the race better in the rate thread. Pretty good stuff, two guys racing hard for the win.
Denny is now tied with Stewart for 15th on the all-time list.

Kick his ass, Bevis.

OK the fighting part was stupid when it would have been just as easy to sit down in front of the video and work it out. Yeah, that part was stupid. Making another enemy in a sport that can kill you isn't the smart play.

However, when a normally chill guy like Elliot weighs in like he did, maybe that's worth listening to. Maybe Harvick and Kyle are worth hearing out too. Gragson's message was simply lost when it got physical.

Just shows what a ***** HE is.
giphy (6).gif

This notion that guys are afraid of Ross is absolutely hilarious to me. The guy is built like a frail teenager at a massive 5'9 and 160lbs. FRIGHTENING!!

These guys are not fighters, they are race car drivers. That's why you don't see them throwing fists all over the place at the drop of a hat. When they do, they usually look like morons.

This notion that guys are afraid of Ross is absolutely hilarious to me. The guy is built like a frail teenager at a massive 5'9 and 160lbs. FRIGHTENING!!

These guys are not fighters, they are race car drivers. That's why you don't see them throwing fists all over the place at the drop of a hat. When they do, they usually look like morons.
That's your opinion, some of these guys are pretty tiny. Ross despite all of the crying finished second last year and is leading the points this year by a decent margin, so some of the prima donna's feelings are butt hurt, apparently Elliott is one of them. Elliott isn't going to do anything, he's not a fighter...Now Gragson?, that's another story. I think Chastain will give him a wide berth on the track.

Watch what happens to the ratings next week. It was the Allisons/Yarborough fight that launched nascar's popularity. Nacar needed a boost and it magically appears. A skeptic would be, let's say skeptical of the timing.

Your boy was all about SOMEONE ELSE confronting him.....even after he thought Ross cost him the title last year and he had 2 healthy legs, he refrained.

Your boy was all about SOMEONE ELSE confronting him.....even after he thought Ross cost him the title last year and he had 2 healthy legs, he refrained.
He literally walked by as it was ending and delivered a dry humor one liner and y'all are ready to jump off a cliff with it because it's Chase Elliott. Stop.

He has zero reason to confront Ross himself, in the moment of the championship race he thought Ross cost him but after asking the team 100 times on the radio I think it became obvious to him what happened, it was just one of those deals. Just because he isn't flying around pit road getting in guy's faces doesn't make him a (insert whatever you want). That's just not the way he carries himself, his dad was the same way.

Since we're playing this game, Kevin Harvick said he wanted to rip Chase's head off at Bristol and didn't do jack diddly ****, so what does that make him? These guys don't want to fight. Even Ross looked scared to death after delivering his soft ball the other day.

I think we all agree fighting is stupid, and illegal on top of it. The real question is what will this do to eyes on the next race? Don't you want to see these guys go at it again?

Maybe F1 would do something. Maybe Indycar would do something. Nascar isn't going to do anything because the attention is good for the sport. Nascar understands the value of entertainment, and that's what makes them king.

Here we get into a fine line dividing entertainment from sport. We've been entertained all week, haven't we? Funny thing is, Hamlin wrecked Larson and no one cares. If they had dusted it up afterwards, we would still be talking about it, and we would all tune in hoping it will boil over again.

Harvick is right that you don't see many guys get flatlined in these things. This is due mostly to the crews getting involved and breaking it up. It was maybe two or three seconds and then was over. A few of us got popped in the nose trying to break up a fight, so we don't get involved any more, but kudos to those that did.

Going to WCS, there have been several one punch deaths in the news lately......get rocked, fall, bang your head and die. Nascar can't have that. Imagine the public stink that would create. Even if someone merely got hurt, the press would eat us up. Nothing good is going to come out of more fights except ratings. I don't think it is worth that.

They don't have enough officials to police everyone, so good job to those who broke it up.

I do have to admit the sound that smack made was rather satisfying.

He literally walked by as it was ending and delivered a dry humor one liner and y'all are ready to jump off a cliff with it because it's Chase Elliott. Stop.

He has zero reason to confront Ross himself, in the moment of the championship race he thought Ross cost him but after asking the team 100 times on the radio I think it became obvious to him what happened, it was just one of those deals. Just because he isn't flying around pit road getting in guy's faces doesn't make him a (insert whatever you want). That's just not the way he carries himself, his dad was the same way.

Since we're playing this game, Kevin Harvick said he wanted to rip Chase's head off at Bristol and didn't do jack diddly ****, so what does that make him? These guys don't want to fight. Even Ross looked scared to death after delivering his soft ball the other day.
Lol, throwing KH in there as a comparison to me is the last thing you want to do. I've said all along he's the biggest wannabe bully on the track since he got there. He's the master, someone Gragson aspires to be I'm sure. He just needs to make sure there is someone there to "hold him back" as Kevin usually has before he makes his threatening gestures.

And here we go with the poor Chase and his fans being picked on argument..... :rolleyes: . Yeah, EVERYONE picks on Chase and his poor fans.

I think we all agree fighting is stupid, and illegal on top of it. The real question is what will this do to eyes on the next race? Don't you want to see these guys go at it again?

Maybe F1 would do something. Maybe Indycar would do something. Nascar isn't going to do anything because the attention is good for the sport. Nascar understands the value of entertainment, and that's what makes them king.

Here we get into a fine line dividing entertainment from sport. We've been entertained all week, haven't we? Funny thing is, Hamlin wrecked Larson and no one cares. If they had dusted it up afterwards, we would still be talking about it, and we would all tune in hoping it will boil over again.

Harvick is right that you don't see many guys get flatlined in these things. This is due mostly to the crews getting involved and breaking it up. It was maybe two or three seconds and then was over. A few of us got popped in the nose trying to break up a fight, so we don't get involved any more, but kudos to those that did.

Going to WCS, there have been several one punch deaths in the news lately......get rocked, fall, bang your head and die. Nascar can't have that. Imagine the public stink that would create. Even if someone merely got hurt, the press would eat us up. Nothing good is going to come out of more fights except ratings. I don't think it is worth that.

They don't have enough officials to police everyone, so good job to those who broke it up.

I do have to admit the sound that smack made was rather satisfying.
Heck yes it's what Nascar wants. It's what WE want if we want to admit it or not. Not see someone get hurt, but all the action we can take. Wrecks and everything. Some here claim they don't want to see the big one but I'd bet dollars to donuts they don't turn their head. and if able, they rewind and dissect it to assign fault to someone they don't care for or exonerate their driver/team.

And Kevin should know. He was the king of ensuring someone was there to "protect" him from himself or someone he may have got entangled with.....KING.....lol.

Agree, the pop was satisfying. Gragson has a very punchable face with his attitude.

Kansas race was so nice, I had to watch it twice.

re-watched it last night.

absolutely fantastic racing.

as a motorsport junkie, this would be my second favorite race of the season thus far (of all motorsports).

Lol, throwing KH in there as a comparison to me is the last thing you want to do. I've said all along he's the biggest wannabe bully on the track since he got there. He's the master, someone Gragson aspires to be I'm sure. He just needs to make sure there is someone there to "hold him back" as Kevin usually has before he makes his threatening gestures.

And here we go with the poor Chase and his fans being picked on argument..... :rolleyes: . Yeah, EVERYONE picks on Chase and his poor fans.
That’s funny you’re calling out Chase. I assume you’re a Keselowski fan with your avatar there. If memory serves me correct your fella wanted no part of JG at Texas in 2014. In fact needed a little push to get into the festivities

Back
Top Bottom