Cup RACE thread --- Kentucky

He has two.. I mean unless you want to say Kyle doesn’t have close to 200 wins? Can’t count one but not the other pal. :) either Kyle has only 48 wins or Jr is a two time NASCAR Champion.
I already said you win.
Why are you still here?

I turned it on towards end of stage 1. Fell asleep. woke up halfway through stage 2 and turned it off.

i had to turn the sound down again, it is just too much to swallow, when Burton called this race a playoff race, I tuned it out and down, just too much, I'm insulted that they all are swallowing the cool aid

My God I've never seen a sport and its media try to hype up its postseason so hard. They must have a quota to fill with all of these playoff mentions.

What is so pathetic about it is that after all of these years, there is zero evidence that the entire byzantine charade creates broader interest or viewership except for the Homestead finale itself. That's it. Cutoff races aren't higher rated. The audience they are chasing could not care less about the ridiculous mechanics of the points system, and only watch in larger numbers for individual marquee races.

If it 'worked', the absurd fixation on the playoffs would be annoying but understandable. It doesn't work, at all.

What is so pathetic about it is that after all of these years, there is zero evidence that the entire byzantine charade creates broader interest or viewership except for the Homestead finale itself. That's it. Cutoff races aren't higher rated. The audience they are chasing could not care less about the ridiculous mechanics of the points system, and only watch in larger numbers for individual marquee races.

If it 'worked', the absurd fixation on the playoffs would be annoying but understandable. It doesn't work, at all.
I watch something else after 26 races.
I don’t care whoever they claim is “Champion.”
If they ever get back to real racing my interest may increase.

Winning NASCAR races are so hard to do, when I grew up watching this sport that alone was a huge deal. That now has basically been taken away with this gimmicky playoff format. Never mind Erik Jones gets his first cup series win at Daytona, “CONGRATULATIONS ERIK YOURE GOING TO THE ROUND OF 16!” They’ve taken the joy of winning out of this sport and now all the drivers care about is stage wins and playoff points

My early pick for Bonehead of the Race is Larson's handler. Can't get his ass to Intros on time? Seriously. You had one ****** job! Terrible.

Don’t you know, the ratings would have collapsed further without the chase format. /s

Got back to my hotel about 45 minutes ago.

Truex has had the best car at Kentucky the last 3 years. His car in 2016 was absurd as he nearly made up 2 laps iirc under green. Kez ultimately won at the buzzer in a fuel mileage battle.

Kentucky is an awesome place to attend and watch a race! If the 78 wasn't out there I think the tenor would be different. It was a free for all after Truex.

I agree with this....Holding onto something that doesn't attract new fans and at the same time costs you loyal ones is nothing less that categorically stupid.

2 laps of great racing ... the Chicago race sucked till 2 to go
It took a lot, had cars slowing down the leader trying to keep from getting lapped and Larson who didn't care if he wrecked or not trying to catch the leader. A very rare set of circumstances. Anybody trying to compare that to Kurt and Ricky's race need to watch the whole Darlington race. Those two would battle, gather up their cars, cool their tires and come back at each other numerous times the last 20 laps. It wasn't just the highlight reel part.

I thought the Chicago race was great from start to finish!! I'm not alone! I know several others commented in the "rating thread" on how good it was WITHOUT the finish....

There has never been a great stage race in my opinion. The last two laps were actually a race though.

So that means the rules don't suck?? o_O Just because something is a rule, doesn't mean it doesn't suck lol. The point system sucks no matter if it's the rules or not.

Watch Moto-Gp .... they have a reasonable points system. Often times a champion is crowned before the last race. Good racing needs no gimmicks, bells or whitles

Watch Moto-Gp .... they have a reasonable points system. Often times a champion is crowned before the last race. Good racing needs no gimmicks, bells or whitles

Not my type of racing tbh. I do enjoy Indy Car tho. Tho they’ve gotten bad sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom